Thread: HTC Sensation - very low voice volume

Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score

HTC Sensation - very low voice volume

Ever since I got my new HTC Sensation, the people I'm on the phone with keep telling me that they can barely hear me, and my voice sounds faint and muffled. I can hear them very well, and it doesn't seem to be a connection issue, but rather a problem with my phone mic.

Is anyone else having this problem? I wonder if I got a defective phone, or maybe there are some settings on the phone that could adjust the voice volume.

I am thinking of returning the phone (30 days expire tomorrow!) unless you bright people can suggest a solution. Many thanks in advance!

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Your problem could stem from covering up the noise-canceling mic holes that the Sensation uses. They are positioned on the back of the device, along with the antennae holes. I do not own a Sensation, so you will have to test this theory yourself.

This was an issue with the Nexus One. Owners reported people saying that they sounded muffled, or "under water". Owners were inadvertently covering the noise-canceling mic. Simply re-positioning the way you held the device solved the problem for most.

Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Hmmm... I'll look into this. Thanks for the tip!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by roxanne View Post
    Ever since I got my new HTC Sensation, the people I'm on the phone with keep telling me that they can barely hear me, and my voice sounds faint and muffled. I can hear them very well, and it doesn't seem to be a connection issue, but rather a problem with my phone mic.

Is anyone else having this problem? I wonder if I got a defective phone, or maybe there are some settings on the phone that could adjust the voice volume.

I am thinking of returning the phone (30 days expire tomorrow!) unless you bright people can suggest a solution. Many thanks in advance!
    I have d same problem with my HTC Sensation. It was bought new at January 24th 2012 and people I talk to complains about they have difficulties hear me, and my voice sounds like "talking inside a box". Also d conversation is cut very often after a while talking.

So I did return d phone to d store and it was sent further to a work shop to look into and fix. They changed into a new mic and upgraded d software. But still, when I got my phone back and started call friends, d same problem was there.

Once again d phone was returned to the store and work shop for fix, and this time they did try do further upgrade. But when I got d phone back d problem was still d same.

After much aguing i finally was given a brand new phone, again a htc sensation. But even this one have d same problems. Now latest yesterday d store did upgrade d phone with Android v 4.0 for try help it out, but it seems like nothing is changed....

I will try use this phone a couple more days, and if not better; I will return it back.!

I did soom google search regarding this problem we're facing here but it seems not very common. Is anybody else having problems with d sound in HTS Sensation?

Would be happy to know. Thanx.

Howie

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I've had mine since the sensation was released with no issues.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using HowardForums