Page 16 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorola DROID RAZR XT912 Pre-Release Thread

Phone
    DROID X, iPhone 3G (...Prepaid AT&T)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jasaero View Post
    Having a replaceable rather than removable battery could mean this battery cover is also a bit more permanent. Still curious to see what this Kevlar material they are using is?? Is it some durable plastic impregnated into a Kevlar cloth or something or is it more along the lines of a resin impregnated Kevlar like used in bullet proof helmets and such?? Only asking because it seems it might be kinda costly to use the actual resin/epoxy sorta buildup.
    This is a high end phone after all...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post
    Is this still the same one you looked at a week or so ago, or is it different?

I don't care for the flimsy plastic battery cover on the Bionic either. After a few days of use, the cover started to "creek" when you pressed on it around the top and camera area. Much rather prefer the metal cover on the DroidX(2).
    No, it's a different one from the one I checked out a couple weeks ago. The older was ever so slighty wider and with slightly rounder edges, looked pretty much like the Dinara's cousin. This one has been slimmed down just a bit and appears to be a little shorter in height. But my guy hinted and I think it was Susurro here who also said that Moto finally got smart and were starting to use different shells for test phones.

This one is dead on the pics that were just released the other day and is even more impressive than the old one I saw, and also had the codename Spyder. What I didn't check was whether this one said "Droid HD" like the last one did, or if it says "Droid Razr"....gonna go check that now.

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    It Didn't say Droid HD or Droid Razr, Just Spyder, XT910, and it's running 2.3.5
    Last edited by fone sex; 09-27-2011 at 02:11 PM.

Feedback Score
    is there any confirmation on the chipset?

Sent from my DROID X2 using HowardForums

Phone
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Is the phone smaller (shorter) than the DROIDX?

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rideflat View Post
    is there any confirmation on the chipset?

Sent from my DROID X2 using HowardForums
    No confirmation
    Quote Originally Posted by Ark6 View Post
    Is the phone smaller (shorter) than the DROIDX?

No it isn't. It's slimmer

Phones
    LG Clout, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Motorola StarTac ST7868W (no longer used)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fone sex View Post
    It Didn't say Droid HD or Droid Razr, Just Spyder, XT910, and it's running 2.3.5
    Ok, going to use this to update the thread title.
    => Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Phone
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    How about NFC?

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Also just held another stunning phone. Droid 4(G), aka Maserati. REALLY nice phone and form, No D-pad, this does have a removable battery. Unfortunately didn't get to power it up. For those of you who prefer a keyboard, your gonna love this one.

Phone
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Also just held another stunning phone. Droid 4(G), aka Maserati. REALLY nice phone and form, No D-pad, this does have a removable battery. Unfortunately didn't get to power it up. For those of you who prefer a keyboard, your gonna love this one.
    With a code name like that, the design better be worth having it's own stand at saks fifths ave!

Feedback Score
    Now that's what I am after. 4" screen or did it seem more Spyder sized over 4"?

BTW, is the Spyder screen pretty obviously not an LCD?

Phones
    htc "Tundabawlt"
    DROID X
    OG DROID
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    You're such a tease, although a Droid 4(G) seems inevitable.

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Now that's what I am after. 4" screen or did it seem more Spyder sized over 4"?

BTW, is the Spyder screen pretty obviously not an LCD?
    Yes, def smaller screen than the DX or the Spyder, didn't measure but side to side looked to be about 4.1". Don't know about the screen type, not too versed in that area.

Feedback Score
    Yes, def smaller screen than the DX or the Spyder, didn't measure but side to side looked to be about 4.1". Don't know about the screen type, not too versed in that area.
    Most noticeable difference on an AMOLED screen is that blacks are just totally black and lack any light output at all. In well lit areas it's probably tough to tell, but in a dark room an AMOLED in a mostly black settings screen would like like floating text while an LCD you could see the gray outline of the screen quite clearly for example.

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Most noticeable difference on an AMOLED screen is that blacks are just totally black and lack any light output at all. In well lit areas it's probably tough to tell, but in a dark room an AMOLED in a mostly black settings screen would like like floating text while an LCD you could see the gray outline of the screen quite clearly for example.
    Ahh, yeah that's something I can't answer. BUT I can say that I watched the Transformers 3 HD trailer on the Spyder and it was a tremendous difference from when i watched the same trailer on the Bionic. The Bionic looked (for lack of a better description) sorta pixelated, while it was hella clear on the Spyder.

Page 16 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast