Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What are your favorite EX124G Apps?

Feedback Score
    I forgot I'm still looking for these...

I'm still looking for a free PDF reader that will open large PDF's and PDF images. If you have one or see one I'd appreciate a heads up.

Also I've downloaded two spreadsheet programs microcalc and miniexcel, they work but data entry is a little clumsy. If anyone knows of a spreadsheet program that works better with this phone please let me know.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by junk_jim View Post

Also thanks for the heads up on Snaptu. I've downloaded it as I'm starting to think that I may want it.
    It is a pretty decent app; getting me right to a few things I wanted; if you are not aware of it yet, you can replace some of the stock items on the home screen with others it has (hotmail, gmail, etc) I removed the sports and entertainment ones.

The ex124g is really different from the Motorola i680 that I use at work so this whole mobile phone thing is something of a work in progress.
    I hear that; looking back at my Motorola 376 I almost feel like I was using 2 cans with a string. It was a great phone but I am really liking the new one.

I know nothing about Google maps. .....the ex124g doesn't have a gps so the phone can't tell GMaps were it's at ...... As I recollect the person reporting it installed said they just used it to look at maps.
    The map aspect of it was basically all I was looking for and even then I was not impressed; I put in "Disney World Orlando Florida" in the search box and it was way off - still in Florida but way off; even though Disney World was clearly marked on a lower portion of the map.

Have a Magical Day.

Feedback Score
    I forgot I'm still looking for these...

I'm still looking for a free PDF reader that will open large PDF's and PDF images. If you have one or see one I'd appreciate a heads up.

Also I've downloaded two spreadsheet programs microcalc and miniexcel, they work but data entry is a little clumsy. If anyone knows of a spreadsheet program that works better with this phone please let me know.

If I come across something I will be sure to let you know.

Have a Magical Day

Feedback Score
    Any updates on apps for this phone? I am considering getting this phone soon but would like to see what it can do as far as apps. I see that some have been successful in getting the weather app to work. Does an app like that use your airtime units? Does the apps show on the home screen like a pc icon?
    I can resist everything except temptation.

Feedback Score
    rizaydog

Any updates on apps for this phone? I am considering getting this phone soon but would like to see what it can do as far as apps. I see that some have been successful in getting the weather app to work. Does an app like that use your airtime units? Does the apps show on the home screen like a pc icon?
    Yes you can use your web browser or something like SNAPTU to go on line to look at weather web sites and yes it uses your minutes at the rate of 0.5 units per minute. I can tell you that it works pretty well.

No you can't put shortcuts or icons on the home screens other than the widgets that come with the phone and that for ME are pretty useless.

As for apps.....

I've installed Opera 6 and it works OK. There's no getting around the small screen. The links feature of Opera works so the bookmarks that I save on my desktop in opera and that my wife saves on her laptop in opera are automatically ported to opera mini on the phone and to each of the other opera browsers as well. We're using the links feature to set up the bookmarks for a trip we're planning. The opera browser seems to be slow on my desktop compared to Firefox. It seems slow on the phone as well but that might just be Edge. I've downloaded Bolt but haven't installed it so I can't tell you about it.

I've installed microexcel. It's a small spreadsheet program that I'm using to track gas mileage. It's a bit clumsy when it comes to entering data but you can create formulas in one cell and then copy it to a range of cells and it updates the cell references so knocking out a gas mileage spreadsheet is pretty easy.

there is a Windows program that will they say export and excel spreadsheet to microexcel format. I've download it but not tried it as i use Linux almost exclusively.

I've installed j2wallet an expense tracking program. I'm not too impressed. I may just use microexcel to track our upcoming trips expenses. I'm still looking for and expense tracking program.

The problems that I see with most of the apps that I've installed is that they are expecting you to have a phone with a regular phone keyboard. So while the touch screen should make data entry and interaction with the program easier it isn't as the programs are programed to use a keyboard that the ex124g doesn't have. Catch 22!

Having said that you need to keep in mind that the ex124 isn't a smart phone it's a feature phone. A feature phone occupies the space between a smart phone and a dumb phone. I like the phone but know that what I really want is a smart phone. I don't really need a smart phone so that's why I have the feature phone. That and I'm cheap.

It takes three taps to get to any installed apps.

Feedback Score
    Hooray, I found a version of angry birds that works. Download the rar, unzip and install the jar:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?6br2sy6lme9t63e

Feedback Score
    I like Opera mini and Bolt. I was a 376 user then switched to Virgin. Less than a month later I'm happy to say I'm back on Tracfone with an EX124G TMFL!!! I thought there was an encyclopedia app for it but haven't found it.

Phones
    tracfone: Motorola EX124G
    Tracfone: Motorola EX124g
    Mobal International: Nokia
    Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I just found this website, Umnet, that shows many different applications that can be downloaded to the Motorola EX124G. I don't know these apps will actually work or not, but it looks like a great potential source for a wide variety of programs: http://www.umnet.com/mobile-software...va_J2ME_apps-0

Feedback Score
    I bought this phone for my son and so far we like it. However, I tried downloading a couple of animated wallpapers and screen savers, and while the pictures show up, the animations don'e work. The animations are not that advanced; just color changing pictures.

I was wondering if anyone else had this issue or knew what I might be doing wrong.

I downloaded the items from umnet's mobile site. That site is great! Lots of available apps and games for the EX124g.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2