Thread: Porting landline on Lifeline to Assurance Wireless-is this possible & is the jax...?

Feedback Score

Porting landline on Lifeline to Assurance Wireless-is this possible & is the jax...?

Porting AT&T landline on Lifeline to Assurance Wireless-is this possible & is the jax free phone a flip or bar style? Getting this information for someone else.

Phone
    HTC_One(M8)WP, moto_X~2
    Carrier
    VZW_PrePd, REpublic_Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by webworm98 View Post
    Porting AT&T landline on Lifeline to Assurance Wireless-is this possible & is the jax free phone a flip or bar style? Getting this information for someone else.
    just go to the website and apply for the aw program 1st... it's completely free.
    maybe you will be able to keep both... jax is bar style
    some have reported receiving the lg200 qwerty, you can also use the mantra m340 or the kyocera s2100 if you are looking for flip styles. ... http://www.virginmobileusa.com/cell-...aylo-plans.jsp
    No Contract means I have all the power.
    They want me, but they can't have me...

VZW PrePaid: $45 | Republic Wireless: $5

Feedback Score
    First, it is not me. This person wants to know if they can port AT&T landline that is on lifeline to Assurance Wireless. They do not have internet access.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by webworm98 View Post
    First, it is not me. This person wants to know if they can port AT&T landline that is on lifeline to Assurance Wireless. They do not have internet access.
    Yes you can port the ATT Lifeline (Federal program for assistance with phone) number to Assurance Wireless. And you have to give up the Lifeline landline service when you switch to Assurance Wireless. Only one Lifeline account is allowed per household address.

For info, consult FAQs on http://assurancewireless.com or call the toll free number listed on the website 888-898-4888.

You sound like a helpful person. You might want to give your friend the toll free number so he/she can get info even though they don't have internet access. I found them to be very helpful on the phone.

Also, when I spoke to them (about a year ago), they sent the Jax for free but you could at your own expense use any Virgin Mobile phone up to and including the LG Rumor 2.

Call them. Good luck.

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2, Motorola Droid X, Nokia Lumia 520
    Carrier
    Page Plus Cellular, Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    Sorry, old thread, but...

My sister just dropped her AT&T landline with Lifeline on it. I started the process to port the number to Page Plus shortly (a couple or so hours) after submitting the application to Assurance Wireless to cancel the Lifeline service on the landline so that she would qualify tor AW. I'm wondering... was it really necessary to port the number to PP first, or is it likely that AW would have approved her application with her AT&T line still up (we gave her AT&T number as the home number on the application).

Or could we have just waited a week or two and just ported directly from AT&T to AW? She just got the AW phone yesterday (or Friday?) and is still waiting for the approval letter with her temporary AW number and account PIN.

Phone
    HTC_One(M8)WP, moto_X~2
    Carrier
    VZW_PrePd, REpublic_Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by slyphoxj View Post
    Sorry, old thread, but...

My sister just dropped her AT&T landline with Lifeline on it. I started the process to port the number to Page Plus shortly (a couple or so hours) after submitting the application to Assurance Wireless to cancel the Lifeline service on the landline so that she would qualify tor AW. I'm wondering... was it really necessary to port the number to PP first, or is it likely that AW would have approved her application with her AT&T line still up (we gave her AT&T number as the home number on the application).

Or could we have just waited a week or two and just ported directly from AT&T to AW? She just got the AW phone yesterday (or Friday?) and is still waiting for the approval letter with her temporary AW number and account PIN.
    You could have applied for the AW service and kept your landline active until a later date.

AT&T would have taken 10 or more business days to complete the landline to wireless port. Not sure why they take so long but it is not unusual for the slow process.

You can also upgrade to other PayLo Devices to use on AW if you want.