Thread: Downloading wallpaper to ex124g

Feedback Score

Downloading wallpaper to ex124g

I am having trouble downloading wallpaper from zedge.net to my ex124g. I go to the phone browser and set up zedge.net zcode--then I click view/save wallpaper and it goes to the image but does not save it. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong since I have used this site on other phones and it works great. Help!

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    cellphonefreak,
    I haven't found a way to do it with the native browser but I can do it using Bolt 2.5 browser. The native browser lets you see the image but doesn't seem to let you save it, no option to save content. If Bolt can do it Opera 6.1 probably can too.

An easier and cheaper method (doesn't use your minutes) is to download them to your computer and then transfer to the phone with a data cable or via Bluetooth. Hope that helps, if not post again.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyLee View Post
    cellphonefreak,
    I haven't found a way to do it with the native browser but I can do it using Bolt 2.5 browser. The native browser lets you see the image but doesn't seem to let you save it, no option to save content. If Bolt can do it Opera 6.1 probably can too.

An easier and cheaper method (doesn't use your minutes) is to download them to your computer and then transfer to the phone with a data cable or via Bluetooth. Hope that helps, if not post again.
    I downloaded bolt and tried doing it again but it seems to be the same--when the image comes up I still can't see how to make it save---what key or action do you do at that point?

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    cellphonefreak,

When the picture shows up using Bolt, like it did in the native browser, click the bottom left corner of that screen where the Menu key usually shows to open the Menu (though the Menu button is retracted it is still active at that location). Select Page Tools from the Menu then select Download, you should be able to get it from there. When it asks you where to store it C:/ is the phone and E:/ is the memory card and if you navigate down you can specify the folder to store it in. The native browser didn't have the options at this point to save/download the image like Bolt does. I couldn't tell what address you were using to get to Zedge from your first post so here's another tip, when you go to Zedge on your phone you might want to go to their mobile site (http://m.zedge.net), the mobile page loads faster and it's easier to use on the phone. Hope that helps, if not post again.
    Last edited by BobbyLee; 08-22-2011 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Reworded

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyLee View Post
    cellphonefreak,

When the picture shows up using Bolt, like it did in the native browser, click the bottom left corner of that screen where the Menu key usually shows to open the Menu (though the Menu button is retracted it is still active at that location). Select Page Tools from the Menu then select Download, you should be able to get it from there. When it asks you where to store it C:/ is the phone and E:/ is the memory card and if you navigate down you can specify the folder to store it in. The native browser didn't have the options at this point to save/download the image like Bolt does. I couldn't tell what address you were using to get to Zedge from your first post so here's another tip, when you go to Zedge on your phone you might want to go to their mobile site (http://m.zedge.net), the mobile page loads faster and it's easier to use on the phone. Hope that helps, if not post again.
    What happens is I go to page tools and select download image then next I have to pick fit to screen and then ok--it doesn't say anything about c or e--then it goes to the image and that is all. What finally worked is on opera mini when you click view/save and it goes to the image if you scroll down there is a save button and then it goes to download file and then I was able to pick c. What a trip. I think I am going to get the ST 511c when it comes out cause I want the keyboard. Thanks!!!!

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    cellphonefreak,

On mine I hit the view/save and it displays the picture. Then I hit Menu>Page Tools>Download Image and on the page that pops-up I select Actual Size to get the whole file, it will show it downloading, then it shows the picture again and pops-up a screen with about 4 choices one of which is save. If you choose save then it will pop-up the screen that asks C:/ or E:/. Sorry, forgot about the fit to screen/actual size question page. Glad you found out how to do it in Opera!