Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
Results 76 to 87 of 87

Thread: Any News on LG511C or LG501C ?

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    80
    Feedback Score
    0
    And it uses the $30.00 or $45.00 plan. So do you think it isn't really a smartphone?

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    523
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    0
    It isn't a smart phone. It's a feature phone.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    80
    Feedback Score
    0
    That's what I was afraid of.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    BP subsidized Gulf Coast
    Posts
    4,930
    Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanMN View Post
    And it uses the $30.00 or $45.00 plan. So do you think it isn't really a smartphone?
    Smartphones use the Unlimited plan ONLY.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4
    Feedback Score
    0
    still trying to figure out why a feature phone is more expensive than the android phone option. Are they trying to make this phone prohibitively expensive in hopes of driving people away from the VZW service to something more profitable for them, or is LG just trying to cash in with higher prices? Or, hopefully, is this some techno error on the ST website that posted an incorrect price on the sales page? Either way, guess i'm keeping my 355 for a while longer.

    James

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    SE USA
    Posts
    1,713
    Feedback Score
    0
    The price of $200 is way too much for a non-smartphone. I guess that price is it based on ST wanting to take advantage of pent up demand and discoraging people for using the less profitable VZW network side of their business more than having to do with LG . I think that the price will come down in several months .

    I sure would like to see some new reasonable priced ST VZW network phones (LG501C,LG505C etc).

  7. #82
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    BP subsidized Gulf Coast
    Posts
    4,930
    Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    I`m guessing Tracfone management regularly refers to Verizon as "el rojo diablo" and "el mismo Diablo" !

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    538
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bamx2 View Post
    The price of $200 is way too much for a non-smartphone. I guess that price is it based on ST wanting to take advantage of pent up demand and discoraging people for using the less profitable VZW network side of their business more than having to do with LG . I think that the price will come down in several months .

    I sure would like to see some new reasonable priced ST VZW network phones (LG501C,LG505C etc).
    Be our luck they will jack up the price of the 505c when it comes out also.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,867
    Phones
    Motorola ATRIX 2
    Verizon iPhone 4S (Wife's)
    Carriers
    Straight Talk, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    I couldn't agree more that $200 is way too much for this non-smart phone. However I am a bit surprised that everyone is blaming ST for the price, I would think LG must be charging ST a premium for the phone. I may be naive but I can't see any logical reason why ST would charge a huge mark up on this particular phone when they don't appear to do that with any of their other phone's.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    125
    Feedback Score
    0
    I wonder why the reps at ST still haven't been updated about the release of 511c. The lady I spoke with earlier knew nothing about the phone.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    145
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    0
    If that's a question you can ask with a straight face you obviously have been fortunate enough not to have had to deal with their reps too much, or perhaps you just woke up or had several beers? Just funnin' but in comedy there has to be a grain of truth or it ain't teh funneh!

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    523
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Dust N Bones View Post
    I couldn't agree more that $200 is way too much for this non-smart phone. However I am a bit surprised that everyone is blaming ST for the price, I would think LG must be charging ST a premium for the phone. I may be naive but I can't see any logical reason why ST would charge a huge mark up on this particular phone when they don't appear to do that with any of their other phone's.
    Who else would we blame but ST? They sell the phone. I don't think it's LG. If that were true ST could probably buy the phones on feebay for less. I know anyone else could.

    Probably the cost of using a 3G on Verizon. Obviously, ST would rather have us on AT&T or Sprint for whatever reason so they priced the phone accordingly.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Similar Threads

  1. Lg501c
    By alex5000 in forum Tracfone/Net10
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 11-14-2011, 02:00 PM
  2. LG501c CDMA doesn't have a microSD card or MP3 player?
    By annepani in forum Tracfone/Net10
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-05-2011, 05:58 PM
  3. LG501C vs LG231C ? [audio qual & signal]
    By BlackHoler in forum Tracfone/Net10
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-23-2011, 11:37 AM
  4. Reception and Roaming Question LG100C and LG501C
    By smitty60 in forum Tracfone/Net10
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-17-2011, 07:54 PM
  5. [News] There’s good news and bad news about your phone bill
    By BellVictim in forum Canadian Wireless Industry Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-10-2010, 09:26 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks