Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Any News on LG511C or LG501C ?

Feedback Score
    And it uses the $30.00 or $45.00 plan. So do you think it isn't really a smartphone?

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    It isn't a smart phone. It's a feature phone.

Feedback Score
    That's what I was afraid of.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanMN View Post
    And it uses the $30.00 or $45.00 plan. So do you think it isn't really a smartphone?
    Smartphones use the Unlimited plan ONLY.

Feedback Score
    still trying to figure out why a feature phone is more expensive than the android phone option. Are they trying to make this phone prohibitively expensive in hopes of driving people away from the VZW service to something more profitable for them, or is LG just trying to cash in with higher prices? Or, hopefully, is this some techno error on the ST website that posted an incorrect price on the sales page? Either way, guess i'm keeping my 355 for a while longer.

James

Feedback Score
    The price of $200 is way too much for a non-smartphone. I guess that price is it based on ST wanting to take advantage of pent up demand and discoraging people for using the less profitable VZW network side of their business more than having to do with LG . I think that the price will come down in several months .

I sure would like to see some new reasonable priced ST VZW network phones (LG501C,LG505C etc).

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I`m guessing Tracfone management regularly refers to Verizon as "el rojo diablo" and "el mismo Diablo" !

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bamx2 View Post
    The price of $200 is way too much for a non-smartphone. I guess that price is it based on ST wanting to take advantage of pent up demand and discoraging people for using the less profitable VZW network side of their business more than having to do with LG . I think that the price will come down in several months .

I sure would like to see some new reasonable priced ST VZW network phones (LG501C,LG505C etc).
    Be our luck they will jack up the price of the 505c when it comes out also.

Phones
    Motorola ATRIX 2
    Verizon iPhone 4S (Wife's)
    Carriers
    Straight Talk, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I couldn't agree more that $200 is way too much for this non-smart phone. However I am a bit surprised that everyone is blaming ST for the price, I would think LG must be charging ST a premium for the phone. I may be naive but I can't see any logical reason why ST would charge a huge mark up on this particular phone when they don't appear to do that with any of their other phone's.

Feedback Score
    I wonder why the reps at ST still haven't been updated about the release of 511c. The lady I spoke with earlier knew nothing about the phone.

Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    If that's a question you can ask with a straight face you obviously have been fortunate enough not to have had to deal with their reps too much, or perhaps you just woke up or had several beers? Just funnin' but in comedy there has to be a grain of truth or it ain't teh funneh!

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dust N Bones View Post
    I couldn't agree more that $200 is way too much for this non-smart phone. However I am a bit surprised that everyone is blaming ST for the price, I would think LG must be charging ST a premium for the phone. I may be naive but I can't see any logical reason why ST would charge a huge mark up on this particular phone when they don't appear to do that with any of their other phone's.
    Who else would we blame but ST? They sell the phone. I don't think it's LG. If that were true ST could probably buy the phones on feebay for less. I know anyone else could.

Probably the cost of using a 3G on Verizon. Obviously, ST would rather have us on AT&T or Sprint for whatever reason so they priced the phone accordingly.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6