Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Virgin Mobile Motorola Triumph

Feedback Score

Virgin Mobile Motorola Triumph

So after many frustrating hours trying to get my computer(s) to see my android device / mass usb storage. I have found out that vm disables usb on the phone. How would one actually remove that ********? I paid $300 so I could use that to access my sd card. Any help appreciated!

Feedback Score
    USB access to the SD card works fine for me, make sure you turn it on, on your phone.

Feedback Score
    how exactly? Whenever i hook it up via usb all i see is an error that usb device is not recognized. Installed the motohelper dev drivers 5.2.0 but still doesn't recognize the phone.

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Ah, yes. You can't figure out how to do something simple so clearly VM must have disabled it. What a terrible phone! $300!!!!!!!!! I think you're looking for this thread: http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...gave-me-herpes.

Feedback Score
    Oh if it was simple as it should be it would have been done. Tried 3 different computers, three OS'es *(7,xp, ubuntu 11.04), as well as three different cables. USB debugging on and off. The technician from VM was the one that told me they have a company policy to disable usb access (think he was just trying to get me off the phone). Also found this blog. I have zero problems with my g1. Is VM blocking usb data capabilities like the rep said? Never get the drop down notification on triumph to mount sd card.

Carrier
    cingular
    Feedback Score
    is the phone you have defective maybe?

mine works fine in linux

Feedback Score
    Had the same problem with my Optimus.. you need the "right" drivers on your PC... no clue what's "right" for the Triumph. An option is to just install a good Explorer (File Expert or Astro), and connect through wifi if you have that at home.

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Mine works fine in Win7x64, not sure what to tell you. Try another driver (maybe the one that comes with PDAnet?) and make sure you're using a powered USB port as the phone does pull power to charge itself and you won't get mass storage mode in the notification bar if it can't.

Alternatively, just use Dropbox or another wireless transfer app, or get a microSD card reader for like $0.99 anywhere.

Feedback Score
    It works fine, why would they disable it? You're nutsnuts

Sent from my MOTWX435KT

Feedback Score
    That is what I asked the tech support from VM. Said it was to get people to use the vm app to download music. Was on the phone for 1 hour and 45 minutes trying to get them to do an exchange. Guess I will have to try again tomorrow. USB port should be fine. phone charges. my g1 works perfectly doing this. Only thing I could pin it down to was a defective phone.

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    the problem is your pc, NOT the phone. You do not have the correct up-to-date drivers. Go online and look for them.

Feedback Score
    http://developer.motorola.com/docstools/USB_Drivers/

Are these suppose to be the correct drivers?
    I have installed Handset USB Driver for Windows (64-bit) for win 7 x64 no luck.
    I have installed Handset USB Driver for Windows (32-bit) for win xp sp3 no luck.
    Two different machines. Even tried the other driver.
    http://www.motorola.com/consumers/v/...008806b00aRCRD

none of which aid in the phone being recognized. If the problem was my pc then why would my google g1 recognize and mount perfectly fine?

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch
    Samsung Galaxy S2
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by beirtech View Post
    how exactly? Whenever i hook it up via usb all i see is an error that usb device is not recognized. Installed the motohelper dev drivers 5.2.0 but still doesn't recognize the phone.
    Are you getting the little android guy or usb symbol in your notification bar when you plug the usb cord into your phone and computer?

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Try this;

Take battery out. With battery, swipe your buttcrack 3 times while chanting "mecca lecca high, mecca hiney hole"

it should work ok now. I'm turning into a troll because of the repetitious overplayed same questions. If I get banned I'm ok with it.

Feedback Score
    No. The icon to mount the sd card does not show up in the notifications on the phone.

http://i.imgur.com/oTNlK.jpg

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast