verizon
    Feedback Score
    no only the tbolt does it over 3g ....

Phone
    enV2
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    sorry new to all this, what does voice and data over 3g mean? do the other ones do voice over 4g? i thought it was evdo or some such thing for voice
    ---Mr.MojoRisin'

Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Is this Verizon's version of the HTC Amaze 4G on T-Mobile?

Phones
    HTC ThunderBolt 4G/LTE
    LG XV8560 (Chocolate3)
    [3G] Network Extender (VZW femtocell) SWEET!
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    So, I've read that the Nexus Prime has a "4.65-inch Super AMOLED screen". No kidding? 4.65 inches? That's gotta be too big. Doesn't it? How big is too big for a phone?

Here: http://googlenexus-4.com/

-Frank
    Last edited by Frank S; 10-16-2011 at 05:59 PM.
    [HTC Thunderbolt™ 4G/LTE!]
    It's not your dream phone. It's the one after that!©
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh Map]

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank S View Post
    So, I've read that the Nexus Prime has a "4.65-inch Super AMOLED screen". No kidding? 4.65 inches? That's gotta be too big. Doesn't it? How big is too big for a phone?

Here: http://googlenexus-4.com/

-Frank
    I agree with you here... The phones are getting to be huge like tablets... I'm fine with my 3.5" screen that I have now... I hope these new phones will be able to fit in my pocket...

Phones
    Droid
    LG Chocolate. Moto Razr2 v9m. MotoRIZR z6TV!
    Motorola e815(R.I.P.)! Samsung sch-a890(2wks), Samsung sch-a310
    Carrier
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    anyone knows if this may come with ice cream sandwich?

Phones
    LG Clout, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Motorola StarTac ST7868W (no longer used)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostcell View Post
    anyone knows if this may come with ice cream sandwich?
    Highly doubtful, but might get ICS at a later date, just like the Droid Bionic and Droid Razr will in Q1 next year.
    But with all the press and info about the Razr and Galaxy Nexus, there is almost nothing new about this HTC one.
    => Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Phones
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I guess this makes "Rezound" the official name. I think they wanted it sound similar to "Re-Sound" since it has the Beats Audio on it.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/HTC-R...ore-ad_id23353

Phones
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Moto Droid 1 (OG)
    Blackberry Storm
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post
    Highly doubtful, but might get ICS at a later date, just like the Droid Bionic and Droid Razr will in Q1 next year.
    But with all the press and info about the Razr and Galaxy Nexus, there is almost nothing new about this HTC one.
    I'm thinking it may get ICS mid to late next year. Us TB owners just got GB. The Droid X got it months ago... Thinking the Razr and Bionic get it well before the "Ree-zound".

Sent from my ADR6400L using HowardForums
    Hangin out.....

Phones
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Here's the press release. LTE, dual core 1.5Ghz processor, 4.3" 720p display, 8MP camera, beats audio, 16GB storage, 1620mAh battery, 13.65mm thick. Ships with Gingerbread (2.3.5), ICS upgrade in Q1 2012.

$299.99 on a contract. You getting one?

HTC AND VERIZON WIRELESS UNVEIL HTC REZOUND™, FIRST SMARTPHONE IN THE U.S. TO FEATURE BEATS AUDIO™

HTC Rezound breaks new ground with introduction of
    advanced audio and high-definition visual experience

NEW YORK CITY – November 3, 2011 – HTC Corporation, a global designer of mobile devices, and Verizon Wireless today announced the HTC Rezound™, the only phone in the United States with Beats Audio™ integration. A result of the recent partnership between HTC and Beats, the HTC Rezound delivers a powerful entertainment experience with unparalleled audio and multimedia capabilities highlighted by a 4.3-inch true HD 720p display. The HTC Rezound, a premium designed smartphone that includes the latest HTC Sense experience and access to Verizon Wireless’ 4G LTE network, will be available exclusively from Verizon Wireless on Nov. 14.
    “HTC is dedicated to delivering the latest in sight and sound innovation and we’re excited to be introducing the first U.S. smartphone featuring Beats Audio technology,” said Peter Chou, CEO, HTC Corporation. “Paired with Verizon Wireless’ blazing-fast 4G LTE network and a robust multimedia experience, the HTC Rezound enables customers to enjoy their favorite music and entertainment on-the-go like never before.”
    The HTC Rezound enables customers to hear music the way the artist intended with unique audio tuning by Beats that delivers thundering bass, soaring midrange and crisp highs. Unique to HTC, the HTC Rezound also includes new lightweight Beats headphones, created exclusively to integrate with the Beats’ audio profile on the device. Hands-free calling is easy with the built-in microphone and the on-cable remote to pause, advance or rewind and answer a call mid-track.
    “HTC fully recognizes the destruction to audio caused by the digital revolution. They embrace our vision to repair this ecosystem and bring the feeling from the recording studio to the smartphone,“ said Jimmy Iovine, chairman of Beats By Dr. Dre. "This is only the beginning of our plan to fix how music is delivered.”

Lightning-fast mobile entertainment
    The HTC Rezound is the first HTC smartphone to feature a true HD 720p display and is perfect for enjoying high-quality entertainment on the 4.3-inch super LCD screen. HTC Watch puts an entire library of the latest premium movies and TV shows right at your fingertips. Using a wireless connection, HTC Watch uses progressive download technology on the HTC Rezound which makes it possible to watch videos without waiting for them to finish downloading. Customers can rent or purchase videos through HTC Watch and enjoy content on up to five different HTC devices. The HTC Rezound features Mobile High Definition Link (MHL) connectivity, so customers can watch content from the device on an HDTV, including 5.1 surround sound and SRS WOW™ HD surround to take advantage of a home theater setup. Equipped with a 1.5 GHz dual-core processor, the HTC Rezound offers a speedy mobile experience even for the most demanding media enthusiast.
    “HTC Rezound combines sleek design, innovative entertainment features and the power of Verizon Wireless’ network to create a multi-media phone that consumers have been waiting for,” said Jeff Dietel, vice president of marketing for Verizon Wireless. “4G LTE speeds take mobile entertainment to a new level, providing customers with advanced functionality in a phone they can count on for everyday use.”

Advanced multimedia features
    The HTC Rezound boasts an 8-megapixel camera featuring autofocus, dual LED flash, a f/2.2 and 28mm wide-angle lens with BSI sensor to fit more of the scene into every shot and for better low-light performance. The enhanced camera features available through HTC Sense offer new scenes and effects such as panoramic mode for capturing life on a grand scale or action burst scene for the perfect action shot.
    For self-portraits or video conversations, the HTC Rezound also features a 2-megapixel front-facing camera. With a 1080p camcorder, the HTC Rezound enables customers to record a perfect moment with stunning clarity and incredible stereo sound, perfect for sharing on YouTube or Facebook. Customers can also wirelessly send their media to a compatible TV for looking at videos or pictures with friends and family using Digital Living Network Alliance® (DLNA).

HTC Sense
    Featuring the latest version of HTC Sense, the HTC Rezound enables people to create a unique and intuitive user experience that matches their personal preference and lifestyle. A customizable active lockscreen experience transforms the lockscreen into a real-time window to the most important information and content, such as social updates, photos, weather or stock updates that are viewed by simply turning on the display. In addition, the new active lockscreen becomes a customizable gateway that lets people quickly jump to the most used features, like making a phone call, sending an email, taking a picture or anything else with the same quick gesture usually used to unlock the phone.

HTC Sense also delivers a new group messaging experience simplifying group and multimedia messaging so people can stay up-to-date on the latest conversations quickly and easily. People can view recent status updates from popular social networks in one place using FriendStream™, as well as sync their contact list with all email accounts and social networks for smooth integration.

“HTC and Beats have been important partners to Best Buy over the years and we are thrilled to help them bring the HTC Rezound on the Verizon Wireless network to consumers,” said Scott Anderson, head of merchandising for Best Buy Mobile. “This is going to be a big holiday for smartphones and people will be looking for new and different features. The HTC Rezound, with HTC’s mobile expertise and audio excellence from Beats, will be a great option for our customers.”

Additional features
    · Mobile Hotspot capability: share 4G connection with up to ten Wi-Fi-enabled devices
    · Operating System: Android 2.3™ (Gingerbread) with latest HTC Sense – An upgrade to Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) will available in early 2012
    · Internal Memory: 16 GB on-board memory, 1 GB DDR2 RAM
    · Memory Card: 16 GB MicroSD™ pre-installed
    · Wi-Fi: 802.11 a/b/g/n
    · Bluetooth®: 3.0 – support for headset, hands-free, stereo, phonebook access and object push for vCard and vCalendar
    · GPS: GPS/AGPS
    · Battery: 1,620 mAh
    · Special Features: HDMI (through MHL), G-sensor, Light sensor, Compass, Proximity sensor, MicroUSB, USIM/CSIM/ISIM, audio jack and Wireless Charging capable
    · Chipset: Qualcomm® MSM8660 1.5GHz, Qualcomm® MDM9600
    · Dimensions: 129 x 65.5 x 13.65 mm

Availability
    The HTC Rezound will be available beginning Nov. 14 at Verizon Wireless and at Best Buy and Best Buy Mobile stores for $299.99 with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers who purchase the HTC Rezound will need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless Nationwide Talk plan beginning at $39.99 for monthly access and a smartphone data package starting at $30 monthly access for 2 GB of data. Customers can visit www.verizonwireless.com/Rezound to sign up for more information.

New Infinity Blade character

My iPhone 5 ringtone: Bah, Bah, Black Sheep.

Our reviews:

ZTE Open| Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Apple iPhone 5c | Apple iPhone 5s | LG G2 | Samsung Galaxy Note 3 in pictures | Samsung Galaxy Mega | 2013 Nexus 7 | Cel-Fi Signal Booster | Huawei Ascend Y300 | Motorola Moto X | Blackberry Q5 | Motorola Moto X | Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7" | Belkin NetCam HD | Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8" | Belkin WeMo Switch | Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1" | Nexus 7 2012 vs 2013 | Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 | MugenPower GS4 Battery | Huawei Ascend Y210 | Huawei B890 Router | Nokia Lumia 520 | Blackberry Q10 | ZTE F160 | Samsung Galaxy S4 | HTC One | Sony Xperia ZL | Nokia Lumia 620 | Samsung ATIV-S | Blackberry Z10 | Samsung Galaxy Camera | Reflections on 2012 | HTC Windows Phone 8s | Samsung Rugby LTE | Huawei D Quad XL | Google Nexus 4 | Apple iPad Mini | HTC One X+ | HTC Windows Phone 8X | Nokia Lumia 920 | Sony Xperia T | Parrot Zik | LG Optimus G | Samsung Galaxy Note II | Motorola DEFY PRO | Motorola RAZR HD LTE | From iOS to Android | Apple iPhone 5 | HoFo at the CWTS coverage | Rogers LTE Rocket Hub ZTE MF28B | Nokia Lumia 820 and 920 launch | Motorola RAZR V | Motorola ATRIX HD LTE | Back to School Guide | HTC One V | Huawei Ascend P1 | Sony Xperia ION | Nokia Lumia 610 | Nexus 7 | LG Optimus L7 | HTC Titan II | Sony Xperia U | OtterBox Commuter for HTC One X | Samsung Galaxy S III | HTC One S | Samsung Galaxy S II HD LTE | Nokia Lumia 900 | HTC One X | Apple iPad 3 | Sony Xperia S | Samsung Galaxy Note | Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 | Nokia Lumia 710 | Blackberry Playbook OS 2.0 | Casemate Pop for Galaxy Nexus | Otterbox Commuter for Galaxy Nexus | Otterbox Defender for Galaxy Nexus | Nokia Lumia 800 | Motorola Pro+ | Blackberry Curve 9360 | Asus Transformer Prime | Galaxy S Glide | Blackberry Bold 9790 | Nokia N9 | 2011 Gift Guide | HTC Amaze 4G | Acer ICONIA Tab A501 | LG Optimus LTE | Case Mate TANK | Samsung Galaxy S II LTE | Motorola RAZR | Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Phones
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by howard View Post
    Here's the press release. LTE, dual core 1.5Ghz processor, 4.3" 720p display, 8MP camera, beats audio, 16GB storage, 1620mAh battery, 13.65mm thick. Ships with Gingerbread (2.3.5), ICS upgrade in Q1 2012.

With the HD display, 1.5GHz dual core, and LTE, this thing is going to be a battery killer.
    It's only 1620mAh while the Droid Razr is 1780mAh.

Hands on:
    http://www.phonearena.com/news/HTC-R...nds-on_id23480

Specs comparison:
    http://www.phonearena.com/news/HTC-R...arison_id23478

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post
    With the HD display, 1.5GHz dual core, and LTE, this thing is going to be a battery killer.
    It's only 1620mAh while the Droid Razr is 1780mAh.

Hands on:
    http://www.phonearena.com/news/HTC-R...nds-on_id23480

Specs comparison:
    http://www.phonearena.com/news/HTC-R...arison_id23478
    I agree. The bat isn't much more than the bolt when comparing how much they've upgraded the screen vs battery.

Carrier
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by howard View Post

Thanks for the update. I've got over a year and a half left on my contract and when it's up the Bionic and Vigor will be as obsolete as two tin cans with a string between them, based on current rate of releasing new phones! <G>

I'll be eagerly looking at what's new then but *IF* I want a Bionic or Vigor they'll be on Ebay or Craig's list for waaaaaay less than $299.99 by that time so there's some advantage to having a long wait before a new phone, right? <G>
    It's me again...

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Last 5: HTC Thunderbolt
    Motorola Droid, BB Tour, BB Storm, BB Pearl
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dmaxfan View Post
    I agree. The bat isn't much more than the bolt when comparing how much they've upgraded the screen vs battery.

I've been gone for over 6 months, so forgive me if anything I say or ask is old news...

Unless I missed it (which is *always* a possibility), this phone doesn't have SVDO. Was that ever proven to be a significant battery drain on the Thunderbolt?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast