Thread: Radio Shack TopUp Cards?

Feedback Score

Radio Shack TopUp Cards?

Does RS sell Top-Up cards?

I got a coupon from RS in an email for $15 off $50 purchase. It says cannot be used on 'gift cards'. Do you think they would accept it on the purchase of two $25 top-up cards?

Phone
    Nexus 4 8GB
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Yes they do, I got the same type of coupon in our mailbox for $10 off $50 airtime purchase a few weeks ago.
    Bought 2 $25 top up codes (he printed out the receipt with the code on it) for 2 phones, and the guy handed me $10 back (it was supposed to be in the form of a gift card but hey this worked too!)

Phones
    Motorola Triumph, LG Optimus V
    Motorola Triumph
    LG Optimus V
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Gift cards would be like a RadioShack $25 card. I do like the little bonuses I get in the mail for being on their "stalk" list (because, believe it or not but as a franchise employee I get zero benefits from working there).

Sent from my Frankenphone using Tapatalk

Phone
    LG Optimus V
    Feedback Score
    I want to be on the mailing list your on.. we got a couple for $15 of $60, not $50. We're planning on doing the same thing though... just need to get a filler item I suppose (or 3 cards)

Phones
    Motorola Triumph, LG Optimus V
    Motorola Triumph
    LG Optimus V
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Oh me? I just got a $10 card, but they said it would be anything between $5 -- $100 so... get out your party hats I guess. I buy my minutes through RadioShack anyway so I'll end up saving about $10 over the course of two payments there...

Feedback Score
    Well, tried to use the coupon today and the CS associate told me that I could not use it towards the purchase of airtime cards. He said the airtime cards fell under the "services" part that the coupon says it cannot be used towards. I thought that was a load of BS. RS sucks.

Phones
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Carrier
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Is there another RatShack in your area where you can try the coupon? No surprise that they come up with all kinds of excuses not to honor the coupon

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using HowardForums

Phones
    Nokia 5230 Nuron
    Nokia 5230 Nuron
    Nokia 2760
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Simple Calling / Ekit
    Feedback Score
    You really have to look at it this way........
    airtime purchase = $5 profit - $10 = $5 loss
    merchandise purchase = $15+ profit - $10 = $5+ profit.

That's the reason. Why would they agree to lose money?

Feedback Score
    Yes, I agree, they would probably lose money if the only thing I bought was strictly airtime cards. But the coupon DID get me in a RadioShack for the first time in probably 5 years. Maybe I would have bought something else. Sometimes that is the point of the coupons in the first place.

I have no problem with them not wanting to take the coupon for airtime because they would lose money. My problem is that it doesn't explicitly state that it can't be used for airtime. If airtime is off the table, then STATE IT ON THE COUPON. Don't make me try to decipher what "services" applies to. Reading the fine print, I would have thought that airtime fell under "gift cards". Nope, somehow it falls under "services". If they don't want to honor the coupon for airtime, then they should state it. Not that hard.

BTW, I did call two other RSs near me, they both said the same thing.

Feedback Score
    Same thing happened to me few months ago...haven't tried after that. I get RS coupons all the time time and they all have exclusion on "service". I believe airtime card is considered service. Good if you can find RS who applies them on airtime cards.

Quote Originally Posted by AZCivEng View Post
    Well, tried to use the coupon today and the CS associate told me that I could not use it towards the purchase of airtime cards. He said the airtime cards fell under the "services" part that the coupon says it cannot be used towards. I thought that was a load of BS. RS sucks.