Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 30 MB of Data on the $30 plan

Feedback Score

30 MB of Data on the $30 plan

Does anyone know from experience what happens when you use up your 30 mb of data on the $30 plan?

Feedback Score
    I believe it gets throttled down, but am new to Tmo so not 100% sure.

Carriers
    PTel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tbout View Post
    Does anyone know from experience what happens when you use up your 30 mb of data on the $30 plan?
    On the $30 plan when you use 30MB data you don't get any data for the rest of the month. You can buy a Web Day Pass on the days you want data.
    My site: PrepaidPhoneNews.com My other sites: wapreview.com, boostapps.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeswap View Post
    On the $30 plan when you use 30MB data you don't get any data for the rest of the month. You can buy a Web Day Pass on the days you want data.
    that sucks, thanks

Phone
    Note II Repaired after SDS
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I've used up my 30 megs of data on the $30 plan. And yes, data just stop working, if you access via web browser it will prompt you to buy a day pass. For other services (ie background data sync, etc) they will just stop working.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pitflyer View Post
    I've used up my 30 megs of data on the $30 plan. And yes, data just stop working, if you access via web browser it will prompt you to buy a day pass. For other services (ie background data sync, etc) they will just stop working.
    I don't think that plan is gonna work out too well with my HTC HD7, but if I'm gonna spend $50 bucks, I might as well go with Simple Mobile, you think

Phones
    Nokia 5310 w/Jabra BT250V handsfree, Nokia 6010, Nokia 6030
    Nokia 6310i, Nokia 8310 (Europe)
    Carrier
    T-Mobile US, Fido, T-Mobile NL, Orange IL
    Feedback Score
    I don't think that plan is gonna work out too well with my HTC HD7, but if I'm gonna spend $50 bucks, I might as well go with Simple Mobile, you think
    Simple mobile has no roaming.
    Moderator yahoogroups forum T-Mobile-US http://groups.yahoo.com/group/T-Mobile-US

Phones
    :: Samsung Galaxy S2 :: Nokia Lumia 710 :: LG Optimus F3 ::
    :: Samsung Galaxy S2 ::
    :: Nokia Lumia 521 ::
    Carrier
    ::T~Mobile 2 Go :: Lycamobile :: PTel ::
    Feedback Score
    On the day pass 30MB gets eaten up real fast and you get throttled down to 2G.I was using my Comet as a WiFi hotspot with my laptop and it got slowed down pretty fast.At first it was great but after less than an hour I was having problems with sites that had a lot of flash not loading that with normal WiFi I never had problems with.T Mobile sent me a text saying I used my 30MB and was now going to be getting it at 2G.But actually for $1.49 for about 23 hours it was not too bad. Yeah you don't actually get a full 24 hours dispite what T Mobile says. .

Feedback Score
    Maybe I need to put this phone on Craigslist and start looking for a Android for Boost Mobile

Sent from my HD7 via the HowardForums WP7 App

Feedback Score
    Maybe I need to put this phone on Craigslist and start looking for a Android for Boost Mobile

Sent from my HD7 via the HowardForums WP7 App
    Tbout, I just moved over to T-Mo prepaid from VM and am much happier. The VM data network has issues with data being not available many times. I went from the Optimus V to the Optimus T and find that the T is giving me about double the battery life of the VM android...not sure why as I'm using the same settings: wifi on, data enabled, gps off, and no live wallpaper. Signal strength and call quality is better for me as there are many areas not covered (no roaming) with either VM or Boost. Carefully look at the Prelude and Triumph reviews..not glowing, but YMMV. Good luck, but I'm enjoying better call quality and much better coverage with TM. Btw, RadioShack has a screaming deal on the Optimus V..$99.00, but selling out quickly. Good luck.

Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Page Plus has a 1200 minute, 3000 texts, and 100MB of data plan for $29.95 on the Verizon network.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jimxx200 View Post
    Tbout, I just moved over to T-Mo prepaid from VM and am much happier. The VM data network has issues with data being not available many times. I went from the Optimus V to the Optimus T and find that the T is giving me about double the battery life of the VM android...not sure why as I'm using the same settings: wifi on, data enabled, gps off, and no live wallpaper. Signal strength and call quality is better for me as there are many areas not covered (no roaming) with either VM or Boost. Carefully look at the Prelude and Triumph reviews..not glowing, but YMMV. Good luck, but I'm enjoying better call quality and much better coverage with TM. Btw, RadioShack has a screaming deal on the Optimus V..$99.00, but selling out quickly. Good luck.
    thanks for all the feedback, I think I'll just go for the T-Mobile $50 unlimited plan, I think I can work with 100 MB of data on this Windows Phone. I know that $30 plan with only 30 MB of data will start to become a headache, with me having to buy daily passes and all. I was just trying to figure out what route I'm going after i leave AT&T postpaid tommorrow. I wish Sprint had good coverage in my area, cause Boost & Virgin has some good prices. Sprint sucks in my neighborhood. I just hate these high bills, i need some prepaid in my life. by that way, I have a Unlocked T-Mobile HTC HD7 with a AT&T sim card in it, I had it unlocked so I could finish out this month on my AT&T contract and just in case I decided on Simple Mobile.

Feedback Score
    Now that sounds right up my alley, but I heard that the only good smartphone you can use is a Palm webos something, is this true?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rgg View Post
    Page Plus has a 1200 minute, 3000 texts, and 100MB of data plan for $29.95 on the Verizon network.
    Page Plus, that is

Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Now that sounds right up my alley, but I heard that the only good smartphone you can use is a Palm webos something, is this true?
    As far as Page Plus, you can use any Verizon smartphone, other than an iPhone. Check out the HoFo Page Plus forum, for more info.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast