Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Is shopcelldeals no longer honored by Tracfone?

Feedback Score

Thumbs down Is shopcelldeals no longer honored by Tracfone?

After months of research for which this forum was very helpful, I purchased the LG800 from Amazon that was sold as 1200 minutes and Triple minutes for life at $110, but its either a scam or recently changed. Amazon sells via shopcelldeals.

I set up lots of stuff on the LG800, ported old cell number all fine except... only 20 minutes of time and nothing in progress.

Now after 3 different calls to Tracfone, their gals checking with supervisors and once transferred to HSN (which I have never used) it is clear Tracfone does not - or no longer - recognizes shopcelldeals as an authorized retailer.

They WILL NOT HONOR their triple minutes. Someone else had the same experience a few days ago posted on the Amazon reviews for this and my warning review is still pending.

I am also concerned that the shopcelldeals website is down.

I e-mailed shopcelldeals via Amazon and got quick replies (good sign). The first suggested I didn't follow the activation instructions which of course I had, entered the codes and confirmed 3 times with Tracfone that my paid for minutes are bogus and I needed to go back to the seller.

Another person got response from shipcelldeals that the minutes came with the phone - dah... yes we know.. but we can't get them.

I have a claim ticket in with Amazon and they may refund something to me but will take maybe 2 weeks to resolve and they still have it for sale on the Amazon site with the 1200 minutes.

According to one of the 3 Tracfone customer support folks (10-15 min wait in each but their English was OK) only HSN legitimately offers the triple plan.

What I don't know yet is whether or not I have to toss the shopcelldeals phone and start over or if I can buy 1-year 1200 minutes from HSN.

This has been very frustrating obviously and need to get plan not wait for refund, and hopefully shopcelldeals is not going out of business but their site down and not recognized by Tracfone is a bad sign.

I like the phone and have already purchased a cover, the micro 4mb, mobile charger etc., even a bluetooth headset! Now I just need the minutes!

Carrier
    NET10/TracFone
    Feedback Score
    If shopcelldeals cannot deliver as advertised, they should accept a return for a full refund. They've had a pretty good reputation, and I don't think they want to lose it.

Feedback Score
    They said since I complained to Amazon they would process a refund. But I'd rather keep the phone and have the minutes as advertised instead of a refund and having to start over. And their $109.90 is cheaper than on HSN... but that may be their problem not making much at reduced price and what they may have to pay to be on Amazon.

Carriers
    Tracfone, Net10
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Try calling the Miami corporate(executive resolutions) number instead.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by davephx View Post
    They said since I complained to Amazon they would process a refund. But I'd rather keep the phone and have the minutes as advertised instead of a refund and having to start over. And their $109.90 is cheaper than on HSN... but that may be their problem not making much at reduced price and what they may have to pay to be on Amazon.
    I've bought a few minute cards & phones at different times from shopcelldeals w/o a hitch. I still see his website & offerings, so I'm not sure why you're saying his site is down. He lists the phone you bought with triple minutes for $92, so you can figure out the profit Amazon is making by buying it through them. I found in a lot of cases it's better/cheaper finding what you're looking for on ebay, rather than buying on Amazon.
    Anyway, good luck with your problem & hope you get it resolved soon.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyT View Post
    I've bought a few minute cards & phones at different times from shopcelldeals w/o a hitch. I still see his website & offerings, so I'm not sure why you're saying his site is down. He lists the phone you bought with triple minutes for $92, so you can figure out the profit Amazon is making by buying it through them. I found in a lot of cases it's better/cheaper finding what you're looking for on ebay, rather than buying on Amazon.
    Anyway, good luck with your problem & hope you get it resolved soon.
    I also find their website down and they also sell phones on ebay--I won't be buying anything from them.

Feedback Score
    I am very distressed to read this thread since I bought the LG800 with 1200min and TMFL from shopcelldeals (Amazon) just a few days ago. It should be arriving at my door in a few days. Sure hope davephx and I both are able to get this resolved to our satisfaction. Will let you know later on how my purchase works out. Is there anyone else out there with this same situation? I have used this phone previously and like it very much.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    If they are reselling the HSN deal then the phone has to be activated first with Tracfone and then you have to call a special phone number (Simplewireless NOT Tracfone) to have the TMFL and the bonus airtime added. I hope this is a misunderstanding of the correct procedure.

If Shopcelldeals is on the east coast It may just be good night Irene for the website.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info, Tracfancier, but what is Simplewireless and why would we need to call them to get what is offered by Amazon/shopcelldeals/Tracfone?

Carrier
    NET10/TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Callingary View Post
    Thanks for the info, Tracfancier, but what is Simplewireless and why would we need to call them to get what is offered by Amazon/shopcelldeals/Tracfone?
    Just be sure to read carefully any instructions for activation that come with your phone. Shopcelldeals (on Amazon & eBay) consistently offers deals that mirror the HSN.com deals, only he usually includes an airtime card where HSN requires you to call a separate number (the wireless center) to receive your minutes. I don't know how this particular deal works on his LG 800 phones, but he's been selling them successfully for some time now, and he still has an excellent feedback score on eBay.

Carrier
    NET10/TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by davephx View Post
    Since you complained to Amazon, the vendor may be locked in to providing a refund. If you had contacted only the vendor, shopcelldeals, they might have been able to fix your problem or swap you a good phone.

Phone
    S390G LG500G T404G T301G V170
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Callingary View Post
    but what is Simplewireless and why would we need to call them to get what is offered by Amazon/shopcelldeals/Tracfone?
    Not sure who SimplyWireless is, but it is the company HSN uses to add the airtime and TMFL features to the phones.

What Tracfancier was saying is that if they are reselling the HSN bundle, then it'll need the 3rd party activation just like when ordered from HSN.

TracFone is not involved in this as it's an added bonus form a 3rd party. (If you bought a EX124G or T404G from TF then they are responsible for the TMFL)

Amazon is way out of the loop, as you bought from shopcelldeals. Amazon just provided an interface and payment processing in their MarketPlace.

So, go back and look at the paperwork that came with the phone. There should be a flyer or similar with instructions.
    It should say to activate the phone through TF, then once it's active and functioning to contact a 3rd party to add the minutes and TMFL benefit.

Feedback Score
    I bought my LG800 from Amazon through Shopcelldeals in early August.
    The front of the package says Double minutes, but when you open the package you'll see a Flyer that
    says: START HERE (picture of the LG800 on the front). When you open up the flyer you'll see Step 1, Activate your Tracfone > follow the instructions on the red activation card. Step 2, Add your airtime > It says to redeem your 1200min use the 15 digit pin.
    I decided to test the triple minutes, so I purchased a $10 30 minute card from Tracfone's website and I received 90 minutes on the phone.
    Did you get a flyer in your package?

Vmill

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vmill View Post
    I bought my LG800 from Amazon through Shopcelldeals in early August.
    The front of the package says Double minutes, but when you open the package you'll see a Flyer that
    says: START HERE (picture of the LG800 on the front). When you open up the flyer you'll see Step 1, Activate your Tracfone > follow the instructions on the red activation card. Step 2, Add your airtime > It says to redeem your 1200min use the 15 digit pin.
    I decided to test the triple minutes, so I purchased a $10 30 minute card from Tracfone's website and I received 90 minutes on the phone.
    Did you get a flyer in your package?

Vmill
    Was the airtime pin just typed on the flyer or was there an airtime card enclosed (if a card did you use a promo code for extra minutes)? Do you know how/when the TMFL got added (sounds as if it automatically activated with TMFL)?

Feedback Score
    I have bought many products from shopcelldeals for months now and I have referred many friends and family to them as well. In my immediate family we have three of the LG800 with Triple Minutes from shopcelldeals. (Call me cheap but Tracfone is a life saver when it comes to giving my kids cell phones). You do have to follow the instructions like Vmill said and activate the phone and then add the PIN number. We did not have to speak to anyone at Tracfone about getting minutes as the PIN added them automatically. We have tested the Triple minutes as well and the minutes have always tripled. It sounds like you did not follow the instructions...

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast