Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: will a samsung droid charge work on pageplus

Feedback Score

will a samsung droid charge work on pageplus

i was wondering if it will work since its a 4g lte phone i know page plus wont have 4g speeds but will the phone work period?

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    That is a really good question. It seems like there has been conflicting info on 4G LTE phones and PPC, and with the forum search broken, I can't search. It seems like 4G LTE phones should be backwards compatible, but are they? Any definite answers would be appreciated!
    PagePlus---13 Years & Counting . . . . . Lycamobile---1 Year & Counting
    *Ericsson AF738, Jul 2001-Dec 2003, *Qualcomm QCP 2760, Dec 2003-Feb 2008, *LG VX-8600, Feb 2008-Apr 2010, *Samsung Omnia SCH-i910, Apr 2010-Nov 2011, *HTC Droid Incredible (CM7.2 ROM), Nov 2011-Jun 2013, *HTC Droid Incredible 2 (CM7.2 ROM), Jun 2013-Present

Feedback Score
    Any 4g phone requires a Verizon sim card for the phone to work.I do not know if it will work on pp. You can probably pick up a 4g similar card at any Verizon store for around ten dollars.

Sent from my Droid using HowardForums

Phone
    Droid X
    Carrier
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    From what I've seen on here, it seems like 4G LTE phones will work if you remove the sim card. At least, that's what people have been saying about the Thunderbolt lately.

Carrier
    Page Plus x 2 lines
    Feedback Score
    It *should* work. A local dealer was able to get one active the other day.
    Be sure and activate with the MEID, and pull the sim card before you OTA it.
    Disclaimer: If this is an answer to a TECHNICAL QUESTION, then MY ANSWER is correct, even if its contradicting something that a tech support rep, or anyone else said. I am not giving you the answer YOU WANT, I'll give you the answer I know is CORRECT.
    If this is about CARRIER POLICY, then you should probably be aware that carriers change their policy unexpectedly, and inexplicably. Even if the answer is correct when posted, it could very well be wrong in a day, or week.

Feedback Score
    But without sim card, the phone wouldn't work at all.
    My question is that how can this phone work without simcard?

Carrier
    Page Plus x 2 lines
    Feedback Score
    in a LTE/CDMA phone, the sim card is only for the LTE radio. CDMA side works fine without it.

Feedback Score

Boston Where Can I activate my Samsung Droid Charge with pageplus?

Thank you for the tips.

But here(I live), the retailer shop could not activate 4g LTE.

They just kept saying they need only cdma.(even this is cdma......)

Could you tell me where I can do this?

Or What should I tell them to activate 4G LTE easily?

Thanks.

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Ummm...have you read this thread? PPC does not offer 4G LTE service.

If you're asking how to activate a Charge because your local dealer won't do it, just call PPC directly. Their number is on their website. Or buy an activation off of eBay. Or go to http://pageplusdealer.com/PagePlus/catalog/Activate.php and enter the requested information.

Carrier
    Page Plus x 2 lines
    Feedback Score
    nobody actually READS the threads when all the information is there.

Phones
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Droid Bionic
    Feedback Score
    I recently Bought a droid charge and tried to activate it on ppc. I tried it with sim in, out and with cdma mode only none of wich worked. "A sim card is needed to operate this phone. Please turn off your phone and remove the battery to insert the sim card." Was the message that pops up. Any attempt to call out from the phone ends up with an error message. If someone knows a way around this please post. Just cant get it to activate over the air.

Carrier
    Page Plus x 2 lines
    Feedback Score
    Put the sim in, *228 it, let the activation fail. *228 it, let the activation fail again. *228 it, let the activation fail a third time. That SHOULD bypass activation and let you go to setup. Set the phone to CDMA/WCDMA only mode, remove the sim, power on, and it should be able to *22890 normally.

Feedback Score
    What about if the sim card reader doesn't work? I am looking at a new droid charge on ebay that the reader won't read the lte sim card, I have a droid x on PP right now, but i'm sick of the droid x and would like the charge. Answers would be a HUGE help

Feedback Score
    First make sure you have installed QPST.

Creating a virtual COM Port for the phone diagnostics software:
    Originally Posted by 0vermind
    1. Boot the phone up regularly without the cable attached. There is no special button to press while booting.
    2. Connect the phone to the PC with a USB data cable.
    3. Open phone dialer.
    4. Enter in **usbdiag (**8723424) and press the call button

Now this should bring up a screen with 2 sections each has three options, select CDMA Modem in each section and your computer should detect new drivers, and it may take up to 5 minutes for them all to finish, because once one is detected it brings a few more in and yeah.. there will be one left that will NOT install, don't worry about it, go into device manager and make sure that in modems there is one listed for your phone.[/I]

5. If you have the Android SDK kit on the PC, the drivers should install automatically, or be pulled from the phone.
    6. Now Download and Install HW Virtual Serial Port HERE.
    7. Once you have it downloaded and installed, open it up.
    8. Click the Login button. The password should automatically be filled in and click OK.
    9. Go to the Settings tab and make sure that NVT Enabled is unchecked and go back to the Virtual Serial Port tab.
    10. To be safe, pick a COM port above 8, but less than 20.
    11. Make sure the IP Address field reads 192.168.16.2 and the Port field reads 11008
    12. Click the Create COM button and after a few moments you should now have successfully created a COM port for your Droid Charge.

If you get Error in the LAN Status field then you have not successfully installed the drivers for the phone, or the phone is not set in Modem mode. Also make sure USB debugging is turned on and stay awake while plugged in is on. (These are in the Development section of settings under Applications.)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Bandy View Post
    First make sure you have installed QPST.

Creating a virtual COM Port for the phone diagnostics software:
    Originally Posted by 0vermind
    1. Boot the phone up regularly without the cable attached. There is no special button to press while booting.
    2. Connect the phone to the PC with a USB data cable.
    3. Open phone dialer.
    4. Enter in **usbdiag (**8723424) and press the call button

Now this should bring up a screen with 2 sections each has three options, select CDMA Modem in each section and your computer should detect new drivers, and it may take up to 5 minutes for them all to finish, because once one is detected it brings a few more in and yeah.. there will be one left that will NOT install, don't worry about it, go into device manager and make sure that in modems there is one listed for your phone.[/I]

5. If you have the Android SDK kit on the PC, the drivers should install automatically, or be pulled from the phone.
    6. Now Download and Install HW Virtual Serial Port HERE.
    7. Once you have it downloaded and installed, open it up.
    8. Click the Login button. The password should automatically be filled in and click OK.
    9. Go to the Settings tab and make sure that NVT Enabled is unchecked and go back to the Virtual Serial Port tab.
    10. To be safe, pick a COM port above 8, but less than 20.
    11. Make sure the IP Address field reads 192.168.16.2 and the Port field reads 11008
    12. Click the Create COM button and after a few moments you should now have successfully created a COM port for your Droid Charge.

If you get Error in the LAN Status field then you have not successfully installed the drivers for the phone, or the phone is not set in Modem mode. Also make sure USB debugging is turned on and stay awake while plugged in is on. (These are in the Development section of settings under Applications.)
    I'm not exactly sure what you want to do with this post...

I activated a thunderbolt on PPC. It isn't easy to do, however, others claim better results (with no data working).

Activate the MEID over the phone, then ask the rep for the MIN#. There is a manual way to input MIN # for samsung phones (i dont know it but search) and input that. You SHOULD be able to get voice and texts to work by doing that process.

If you want data to work, you need a speacial program and need to reroute the way the phone collects data. Basically by bypassing the 4g card..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast