Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: TF LG800g transfer contacts to PC - How do I do this?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6
    Feedback Score
    0

    TF LG800g transfer contacts to PC - How do I do this?

    I have a TF LG800g and would like to back-up my contacts to my PC via Bluetooth, can someone tell me how to do this? I've paired the phone to my PC, made ti visible and still the contacts won't transfer.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    520
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by eva1634 View Post
    I have a TF LG800g and would like to back-up my contacts to my PC via Bluetooth, can someone tell me how to do this? I've paired the phone to my PC, made ti visible and still the contacts won't transfer.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks
    go to contact, click the menu button at the lower left corner, click settings, click backup contacts. Transfer the resulted CSV file to PC.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6
    Feedback Score
    0
    Tried that and it didn't work via Bluetooth. I'll try again, once I receive a data cable.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    BFE
    Posts
    3,942
    Phone
    G2 Droid4 MotoG (retired: GS3 Droid3 S390G LG500G T404G T301G V170)
    Carriers
    Tracfone (Verizon LTE)
    Old: RP (CDMAV) PP TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by eva1634 View Post
    Tried that and it didn't work via Bluetooth.
    What happens?

    Does the PC say the phone is connecting?
    Can you see the files on the phone using the PC?

    I really sound like you don't have the two properly paired.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6
    Feedback Score
    0
    I thought this , too.

    I cannot see the files on the phone using the PC, yet the two seem to be paired - green shield with a check indicating sucessful painring.

    Along with the green shield message it also says, the PC is out updating drivers. However, I get no follow-up message saying the updates are present. Hmmmm.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    BFE
    Posts
    3,942
    Phone
    G2 Droid4 MotoG (retired: GS3 Droid3 S390G LG500G T404G T301G V170)
    Carriers
    Tracfone (Verizon LTE)
    Old: RP (CDMAV) PP TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    0
    In "My Bluetooth Place" (WindowsXP), I have 3 entries for my phone, 3 for my wife's and 3 for my son's.

    Same 3 for each phone (two LG500Gs and a T404G):
    <phone name> Object Push
    <phone name> HSP Audio Gateway
    <phone name> OBEX File Transfer

    When I click on the file transfer, the phone asks if I want to connect,and when I say yes, I see the phone's folders. Then each folder I open, the phone asks again, and when I try to copy files.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    12
    Feedback Score
    0
    You can use google account to backup and save android phone contacts.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    178
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Egspriinn View Post
    You can use google account to backup and save android phone contacts.
    Can you explain how to do that on the LG800g feature phone?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    BFE
    Posts
    3,942
    Phone
    G2 Droid4 MotoG (retired: GS3 Droid3 S390G LG500G T404G T301G V170)
    Carriers
    Tracfone (Verizon LTE)
    Old: RP (CDMAV) PP TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by 1633Hz View Post
    Can you explain how to do that on the LG800g feature phone?
    You can't. Just some spammer (promoting an app) posting garbage to long dead threads.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    California Gold Country
    Posts
    1,026
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    In "My Bluetooth Place" (WindowsXP), I have 3 entries for my phone, 3 for my wife's and 3 for my son's.

    Same 3 for each phone (two LG500Gs and a T404G):
    <phone name> Object Push
    <phone name> HSP Audio Gateway
    <phone name> OBEX File Transfer

    When I click on the file transfer, the phone asks if I want to connect,and when I say yes, I see the phone's folders. Then each folder I open, the phone asks again, and when I try to copy files.
    What is "My Bluetooth Place" (WindowsXP)? Have never heard of something like this and I run XP. All I see is a list of paired devices in Bluetooth Devices from Control Panel. You can't really do anything there with a specific device.

    List of files? What files? Seen from Bluetooth?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    California Gold Country
    Posts
    1,026
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by eva1634 View Post
    I'll try again, once I receive a data cable.
    Unless the contacts file (usually vCard.vcf) has been copied to the SD card you will not see it from a USB connection to the PC. Do you even have an SD card? Think I had to buy one for that phone.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    BFE
    Posts
    3,942
    Phone
    G2 Droid4 MotoG (retired: GS3 Droid3 S390G LG500G T404G T301G V170)
    Carriers
    Tracfone (Verizon LTE)
    Old: RP (CDMAV) PP TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Both posts are from 2011, 4 years ago.
    Not sure why you are reviving them now.

    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    What is "My Bluetooth Place" (WindowsXP)? Have never heard of something like this and I run XP. All I see is a list of paired devices in Bluetooth Devices from Control Panel. You can't really do anything there with a specific device.

    List of files? What files? Seen from Bluetooth?
    "My Bluetooth Places" on Windows XP. http://www.ehow.com/how_7247024_add-...th-places.html

    Sort of like "My Computer" and "My Network Places"
    http://www.pcmag.com/image_popup/0,1...d=11699,00.asp
    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,1152965,00.asp

    Maybe it was related to certain BT stacks/drivers?

    Yes, I could browse the files/folders on my phone (not all but a lot)
    There was a setting to make some phone storage areas visible over BT.

    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Unless the contacts file (usually vCard.vcf) has been copied to the SD card you will not see it from a USB connection to the PC. Do you even have an SD card? Think I had to buy one for that phone.
    That poster has long moved on. But on some phones (at least the LG500G, T404G, and S390G) you could see the exported contacts file stored in the phone memory (not the SD card) via BT.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    California Gold Country
    Posts
    1,026
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    Both posts are from 2011, 4 years ago.
    Not sure why you are reviving them now.

    Sort of like "My Computer" and "My Network Places"
    My boo-boo for not looking at the thread dates. Somebody found the old thread and posted. Has been happening a lot lately.

    As far as My Bluetooth Places, it was an option not installed on all computers. My last two XP machines were Dell and it was not on them. Was a driver package from Widcomm. Still available and I may play with it.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-26-2013, 01:49 PM
  2. Calendar and contacts on LG800G and Motorola EX124G
    By sharonha in forum Tracfone/Net10
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-27-2011, 07:00 PM
  3. Transfer Contacts?
    By DSRJohnGTP in forum BlackBerry
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-11-2009, 03:14 AM
  4. Transfer Contacts
    By jototheto in forum Koodo Mobile
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-11-2009, 10:00 AM
  5. transfer contacts
    By zero66 in forum Feature Phones
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-09-2009, 09:27 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks