Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My Favorite Tracfone is Back.

Feedback Score

My Favorite Tracfone is Back.

LG3280.

The LG3280 is back on the Tracfone website for my zip code. These appear to be new and not remanufactured.

Can anyone guess if these are still manufactured or came out of a storage warehouse someplace?

The LG3280 seems to be an older phone. No camera. No web. Not much but a simple cell phone.

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    Yep, they look new and come with DMFL and a 60 minute card all for $20. They'll probably sell out fast since it's the price of just the 60 minute card. Of course they may have neglected to put "Refurbished" in the ad.
    Last edited by BobbyLee; 09-04-2011 at 05:24 PM.

Phone
    Motorola V176, LG600g, LG3280
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by unit731 View Post
    LG3280.

The LG3280 is back on the Tracfone website for my zip code. These appear to be new and not remanufactured.

Can anyone guess if these are still manufactured or came out of a storage warehouse someplace?

The LG3280 seems to be an older phone. No camera. No web. Not much but a simple cell phone.
    We got three of them, and yes, they are Refurbs.
    And none of them activeted with DMFL !!!
    Several other people said they had the same expirence !!!

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    It's refurb'd, and one of mine won't activate. Not sure if they have DMFL but they are in good shape. There's a previous post about the LG 3280 being available with a 60min bundle which is where I posted about buying the bundle as soon as it became available.
    Castrol EDGE 5W-30 is my drug of choice.

Primary: iPhone 6 64GB, Galaxy S4, & LG L90: 5 lines, 1x $15 5GB data, 2x $5 Android web, 1x $2.99 T-Zones, corp discount + $10/mo loyalty discount = $93/mo tax inclusive
    Secondary: iPhone 4S & Optimus Dynamic II: TracFone (Verizon); LG Mach: RingPlus (Sprint)
    Tablet: iPad Mini Retina w/ T-Mobile 4G LTE

Feedback Score
    I bought one of these a few weeks ago. At first I sent a msg to tracfone asking why the phone I got appears to be "refurb" when the offer doesn't state it would be. I also asked if the phone "actually" had DMFL because theres no indication anywhere in the packaging they sent me. At first, they basically "blew off" the refurb question saying the offer is a "special promotion for the handset" and "The handset is refurbished since this is an special discount". THEN they actually said the phone DOESN'T include double minutes, but if I wanted it, I could PURCHASE double minutes from their website! yikes!
    I responded with screen captures of their own webpage showing the offer, in bold red lettering. Their response, a few days later, was the phone DOES include double minutes. Now they say they can't fix the DMFL unless the phone is activated. I wasn't intending to activate this phone right away as I have enough phones already activated. So for now, mine is still in limbo until I actually need to activate this phone before they'll fix the dmfl status.

Feedback Score
    Well, I just ordered one. Also don't intend to activate right away as it will be a spare.

So no DMFL card comes with phone but they state that the phone IS DMFL?

There is a way to check an unactivated phone as mentioned by someone else here (I forget the posters handle - but thanks).

I think it goes like this. Go to Tracfone web site and attempt to purchase an annual or 400 minute card (I forget which one) and before you finalize the purchase either Tracfone will or will not offer the buyer a DMFL card. If it does not then the phone is DMFL if it does then the phone is not DMFL. I think that this is the way to do it without actually activating or purchasing any time/cards/minutes. You do have to put in the ID or ESN number.

Phone
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Well, I just ordered one. Also don't intend to activate right away as it will be a spare.

There is a way to check an unactivated phone as mentioned by someone else here (I forget the posters handle - but thanks).

I think it goes like this. Go to Tracfone web site and attempt to purchase an annual or 400 minute card (I forget which one) and before you finalize the purchase either Tracfone will or will not offer the buyer a DMFL card. If it does not then the phone is DMFL if it does then the phone is not DMFL. I think that this is the way to do it without actually activating or purchasing any time/cards/minutes. You do have to put in the ID or ESN number.
    That only works for an Activated phone. It will not work for a phone that is not yet activated.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannonball-II View Post
    That only works for an Activated phone. It will not work for a phone that is not yet activated.
    So what is the answer for my recently ordered LG3280?

Activate it with the free minutes -activation minutes? Then check?

Carrier
    NET10/TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Question for the LG 3280 fans: do you like it better than the LG 220C? Is there any significant difference in signal strength or voice quality?

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by millept View Post
    Question for the LG 3280 fans: do you like it better than the LG 220C? Is there any significant difference in signal strength or voice quality?
    I REALLY like the 220. I like it better than the 3280 because besides it having the good call quality and reception of the 3280, it adds an external LCD and superior battery life.

Sent via Android

Feedback Score
    The LG3280 seems to be a much older type phone. The LG3280 still has the antenna stem. I don't know of any cell phone marketed today that still has the antenna stem. I prefer the gray color as it does not show finger prints and also does not show scratches as much - to me anyway. The sound quality is very good. And with one of my LG3280 I dropped in water (lake). All went dead. But I dried it out for a couple of days and all works properly again. I don't know if this is true with other cell phones.

Some day though, I am going to get one of those picture phones. A cell phone that can take pictures. And I still like flip phones.

Phone
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score

Has anyone actually gotten them to give DMFL on this bundled LG3280 phone???

Feedback Score
    I'm not sure is a DMFL CARD is included OR the phone itself is already DMFL.

Phone
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I'm not sure is a DMFL CARD is included OR the phone itself is already DMFL.
    Neither one, according to the three we got, and from what other people said about the ones they received.

Has anyone actually gotten them to give DMFL on this bundled LG3280 phone???

Phones
    att , nokia 1100, moto 376g
    iPhone 4s-64 + many others
    Carriers
    att, trac, pageplus
    Feedback Score
    Yeah but my dog can use the 3280 (by setting the phone to speaker, leave it open and set to auto answer) my dog can hear me and i can hear her as she is background noise. With the 220 it works but not nearly as well as the 3280. so if you want to monitor your home when you are not there the 3280 is a good option.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using HowardForums
    trying to come up with better signature.......

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast