Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Power Button Doesn't Work!! LG500G

Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score

Angry Power Button Doesn't Work!! LG500G

The power button on my LG500G stopped working and I need to retrieve important files on my micro SD card. I'm scared that if I turn off my phone, I will never be able to turn it back on.

I need help

Carriers
    AT&T (cell)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy.Boy View Post
    The power button on my LG500G stopped working and I need to retrieve important files on my micro SD card. I'm scared that if I turn off my phone, I will never be able to turn it back on.

I need help
    My phone completely froze a month ago.
    I just took the battery out, waited a few seconds, and put it back...

It's like a 'reset'..... everything was fine.... hasn't happenend since..

Dan

Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I'm scared to take the battery out, since the only way to turn it on is to hold the power button. And if it doesn't turn on, I'm screwed.

I don't know if this is a sign that I should buy the EX124g.

I found this thread:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...n-quit-working

I'm about to pull the plug... maybe after I get a new phone.

Carriers
    AT&T (cell)
    Feedback Score
    I'm scared to take the battery out, since the only way to turn it on is to hold the power button. And if it doesn't turn on, I'm screwed.
    But you really won't be screwed, will you?
    Your memory card will still be good.
    Plug it into your computer, and your files will be there.....
    The memory card is not going to be erased by your phone.

Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    If I can't turn it back on, I won't be able to transfer my units, service date, and most importantly, my number.

Feedback Score

I need to retrieve important files on my micro SD card. I'm scared that if I turn off my phone, I will never be able to turn it back on.
    Have you tried taking the micro SD card out of the phone while it is still on and then just putting it back in after you have retrieved what you needed from it?

It is not something you want to make a habit of; you really should shut off the device before removing this type of card, but it wont kill it or your phone.

Have a Magical Day.

Carriers
    AT&T (cell)
    Feedback Score
    If I can't turn it back on, I won't be able to transfer my units, service date, and most importantly, my number.
    your original question seemed like your primary concern was the information
    on your memory card.... which is what I was responding to..

Carriers
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    I had the same issue, and like others, it was not really a problem. I pulled the battery, reinserted, the phone started up and programmed itself from the burned in code. Memory didn't disappear, as it doesn't take power to retain it - we pull chips and insert in other devices as you know.

If the button feels crunchy or is broken, then it could be problematic - damage to ANY phone would result in loss of data, lots of folks have dropped them in the pool, or porcelain receptacles. The real issue is whether any of us should have everything packed into phone memory with NO backup at all. After all, a phone can be damaged or lost at ANY time.

Customer Service can fix the time and minutes in the worst case. The phone itself needs a higher level of care, it's thin and flat, no sense pushing the boundary with it by bending or stressing it. Considering the number of broken screens we've seen all around us, I'll never carry an LG500 in my pants pocket.

Backup all your data - write it down if necessary - and then pull the power pack. If it fails to fix it then at least you'll have the notoriety of being the first to break it that way.

Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Good news, bad news, and bestest news.

Good news is what you guys recommended worked Phone works fine now. My wallpapers and custom ringtones are still in the phone.

Bad news is that my microsd card isn't on the phone my contact list got erased and my settings got reverted back to factory condition.

Bestest news is:
    *drum roll*
    My browser button doesn't work anymore

-
    -
    -
    Now I'm scared to use a memory card on this phone again, because my browser button might start working again.

Thank you everyone

Feedback Score

Bad news is that my microsd card isn't on the phone my contact list got erased
    This puzzles me; how could the SD card get erased without an explicit delete command? I have never had a device erase a card and there have been a number of opportunities. I am not saying that it did not happen; but it would be the first I have heard of.

Are you sure that your contacts were saved to the Micro SD card and not the SIM card or even the phones memory?

It would not think that they could be erased from the SIM either, but if they were stored in the phones memory I would not be surprised at all that they got blitzed; especially since your phone has reverted to factory settings.

Also, have you considered trying to RMA the phone; isn't it still under warranty?

Have a Magical Day

Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    SD card was never in the phone; my contacts are stored in the phone's memory.

I don't know what RMA is

Feedback Score

SD card was never in the phone; my contacts are stored in the phone's memory.
    Ahh I see, that would be unfortunate.

To the best of my knowledge the contact info is stored in either the phones memory or on the SIM card; that white paper like card underneath the battery. The SIM card is of course not the SD card; I think this is where the confusion in my understanding your post comes from.

In the future, if the phone does not do it automatically, you might want to set the phone to save contact info to the SIM card, not the phones memory. This way if the phone dies you can copy the info, with a device designed for that purpose, and then write it to the SIM card that comes with your new phone - of course that assumes your new phone uses one.

I don't know what RMA is
    RMA = Return Merchandise Authorization.

In other words, since the phone is still so new, contact Tracfone, explain the problems you have had with the button and now the browser and ask them to replace it with a new one. I would call the corporate office in Miami, not the regular number they defer you too. The Miami folks are much less stressful to deal with.

Have a Magical Day.

Carriers
    AT&T (cell)
    Feedback Score
    The power button on my LG500G stopped working and I need to retrieve important files on my micro SD card. I need help
    So were you thinking that an SD mem card came with the phone?

If you ever do get one, you will have to instruct the phone to 'use' the card as memory....

Dan

Carriers
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Interesting that the phone completely reset to the defaults. It's available as a command, pulling the batt pack has never done it to any phone I've owned.

I reset mine and still kept all the numbers and the select functions on the task bar, etc. I speculate the phone may be using a capacitor to hold memory for a minute while doing a battery swap. Longer may run it out.

Still - NO BROWSER!

Carriers
    ATT Gophone
    Net 10
    Feedback Score
    You should write down important info about your phone especially a Tracfone or net10 phone and keep it in a safe place in case you lose, break your phone or it stops working.

That way your number, minutes and exp date can be transferred to another phone easily.

Write down model number, serial number, sim card number (if your phone is a g model), phone number,
    your minutes and service days, and parameter 0 and 30.

go to menu/prepaid/code entry mode/
    enter:

press ok and write down that number

press ok and enter:

press ok

write down that number

Then if you have to CS you should have all the info they will need.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast