Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorola DROID BIONIC XT875 Release Thread

Feedback Score
    I'm planning to purchase the phone on Monday, at the end of my billing cycle. I've had too many billing problems when I change or renew mid-cycle.

I did a "test" on Verizon's site to see how much the phone will cost with my discounts. I'm eligible for upgrade, plus I get a $30 NE2 credit. I'll also trade in a dumb phone for an additional $100 credit.

When I added the phone to my basket, I got a popup telling me I need to change my data plan (from unlimited) to one of the new tiered plans. I currently have an OG droid and the $29.99 unlimited data plan. Aren't those of us with inlimited data eligible to keep it? If I purchase at a Verizon store (which I intend to do) will I get to keep the unlimited data plan?

Device(s)
    Moto V276
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon (1993 - )
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralar View Post
    I'm planning to purchase the phone on Monday, at the end of my billing cycle. I've had too many billing problems when I change or renew mid-cycle.

I did a "test" on Verizon's site to see how much the phone will cost with my discounts. I'm eligible for upgrade, plus I get a $30 NE2 credit. I'll also trade in a dumb phone for an additional $100 credit.

When I added the phone to my basket, I got a popup telling me I need to change my data plan (from unlimited) to one of the new tiered plans. I currently have an OG droid and the $29.99 unlimited data plan. Aren't those of us with inlimited data eligible to keep it? If I purchase at a Verizon store (which I intend to do) will I get to keep the unlimited data plan?
    When I did the test purchase the only thing I had to change was the texting plan. Choice was 500 for $10 or 5000 for $20. <eyeroll>. Not sure what i have now, but will check.

Whenever I have upgraded a phone, I always ask for bonus minutes so i don't get hammered on the pro-rated billing and they usually comply.

PE
    PalmEnvy

You know your old, then the vzw rep looks at your account and says wow, you joined VZW 5 days after I was born...*sigh*

Device(s)
    DROID
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Been playing with mine for an hour. The 4G is amazing (Boston), but you can see the battery draining quickly. It will be interesting to see reports of battery life as they come in.

Is anyone else's phone feeling warm to the touch? Does the 4G chip generate more heat? Nothing crazy, but definitely feels warmer than my OG Droid.

Feedback Score
    I just did it again, and now all it wants me to do is change my texting plan. I also see that I can add hotspot for $26.40 (after my Fed EE discount). I'll likely cancel my iPad data plan and add the hotspot. I'll be able to share my phone's "unlimited" data plan instead of the 1G I currently get for the iPad, plus my BF can use the hotspot if he doesn't have his mifi with him.

Is there any downside to this? Currently, I'm using less than 1G on the iPad, as I have wireless at home and BF's house (and I use his mifi on roadtrips).

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I ordered mine from vzw online at 250 and called about the price match for walmart. Went through three people and the third person said, instead of the price match, she would waive my monthly plan charge this month, which is about $90. So I guess the rep just gave me some type of loyalty / retention promo. I do have 4 lines out of contract and been with vzw for many years.

Sent from my DROIDX using HowardForums

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralar View Post
    I just did it again, and now all it wants me to do is change my texting plan. I also see that I can add hotspot for $26.40 (after my Fed EE discount). I'll likely cancel my iPad data plan and add the hotspot. I'll be able to share my phone's "unlimited" data plan instead of the 1G I currently get for the iPad, plus my BF can use the hotspot if he doesn't have his mifi with him.

Is there any downside to this? Currently, I'm using less than 1G on the iPad, as I have wireless at home and BF's house (and I use his mifi on roadtrips).
    No downside, but lots of upside. With a 4G phone, adding the tethering plan gives you unlimited tethering instead of 2GB of tethering that you would get with a 3G phone.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I picked up the Costco bundle today in Pittsburgh, PA (Homestead location). They were supposed to have them at store open, but they didn't show up until almost 11am. They got six and I received the first one. There were 3 other people behind me waiting and there were also many phone calls about the phone while we were waiting. They said they are supposed to get another 9 either tomorrow or saturday.

First impressions coming from the OG Droid is speed. Just pure, unadulterated speed. I can't play with it much right now being busy at work, but I'm very happy with it so far.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I stopped by a corporate store last night because I had an issue with my Thunderbolt and the guy helping me told me the Bionics were already on sale if I wanted one. I passed since I didn't want to pay full price.

Device(s)
    Moto V276
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon (1993 - )
    Feedback Score
    Well, went to my local costco...they had six, and the person in front of me, just took the 6th one. So crap. There deal was $279.99 and they said I could not use my NE2 $50 for this deal. So IDK.

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score
    I have started a dedicated thread for root discussion. Please use it and not the release thread.
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...id-Bionic-Root
    =>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Was gonna wait for Droid HD but I've had a $100 New every 2 discount available since Feb and I heard that they expire. So I called today and asked them when it expires and they said June! It should've expired in June according to the rep, so I hopped right online and ordered up me a Bionic.

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I've been using the Bionic for an hour now.
    Call quality is good. Data has stayed locked to 4G so far, though my friend up north that got his yesterday says its going between 4G and 3G alot.
    Regarding the pentile screen, I don't have an issue with this one. It "looks better" than the one on the X2 to me, and small text is sharp and readable.
    4G is getting about 8-9 Maps down, which is what I've got while using the other 4G phones.

Im going to be working on a comparison review between the Bionic, Thunderbolt, Revolution, and Charge.

Device(s)
    Droid X, Xoom
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I got mine today at 11am(ish) Also picked up the HD station, Car dock, Extended battery, and Otterbox case This thing (HD Station) is Freeking awsome!!!! Mot and VZW are not doing enough to market this, I bet most people could live with out a PC with this! I may be able to eliminate one... or two... if I can find a way to make them work with my servers...

So far the phone seems nice, I came from an X (not X2), It seems faster, and they have definately made improvements to the Motoblur system.

If you have any questions, Feel free to ask away!

Bart
    BART

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    They don't expire. My $100 NE2 credit is still showing on my account since 2008!

Device(s)
    Moto V276
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon (1993 - )
    Feedback Score
    How is the Costco bundle? Is it worth it? It doesn't look the dock they are offering has the usb port on it.

Quote Originally Posted by bull3964 View Post
    I picked up the Costco bundle today in Pittsburgh, PA (Homestead location). They were supposed to have them at store open, but they didn't show up until almost 11am. They got six and I received the first one. There were 3 other people behind me waiting and there were also many phone calls about the phone while we were waiting. They said they are supposed to get another 9 either tomorrow or saturday.

First impressions coming from the OG Droid is speed. Just pure, unadulterated speed. I can't play with it much right now being busy at work, but I'm very happy with it so far.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast