Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorola DROID BIONIC XT875 Release Thread

Feedback Score
    I just went to costco site and they only list the bundlge as some cheap case, screenprotector, and car charger. I dont see anywhere that shows the other accesories that people are talking about. Is this deal only in stores or can i purchase it online?

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score
    There doesn't appear to be any settings in the web browser to change it from mobile view to desktop view, which causes Howard Forums to load the mobile version.
    But you can get around it by going to this link
    http://www.howardforums.com/forumdis...ss/?styleid=-1
    =>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post
    They don't expire. My $100 NE2 credit is still showing on my account since 2008!
    Boooo...lol. I'd read somewhere here that Verizon was killing NE2 and that if you didn't use it by a certain point it would expire. Guess I was just destined to get the Bionic.

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mizark View Post
    I just went to costco site and they only list the bundlge as some cheap case, screenprotector, and car charger. I dont see anywhere that shows the other accesories that people are talking about. Is this deal only in stores or can i purchase it online?
    Yes, its on in the Costco stores and you have to be a member.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Even though it has 16GB of internal memory, it has 3.54GB set aside for installing apps, and only 8GB of it is showing as Internal (shared) Storage. So in reality, you are getting 8GB of "usable" internal storage for saving pics/vids/music/etc, plus the 16GB microSD card.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post
    They don't expire. My $100 NE2 credit is still showing on my account since 2008!
    After some research maybes we have just been lucky. I've read that since Verizon announced the end of the NE2 program, The NE2 credit is good for six months from either the date you are eligible or the end date of the program, which was January 16th, 2011 - whichever is last.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmEnvy View Post
    How is the Costco bundle? Is it worth it? It doesn't look the dock they are offering has the usb port on it.
    I haven't really had much of a chance to dig into it since I'm at work. It's just the charging standard dock, car dock with Motorola rapid car charger, external battery charger, extra battery, a cheap case, and some screen protectors (that I'll never use).

I've had the charging dock for my OG droid and I love it. Just being able to come home and drop the phone on the dock to keep it topped off. It's just as nice as inductive charging IMO with less expense.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

Device(s)
    DROID Bionic
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Some pictures of the docks.

The extra battery dock is quite nice and also allows you to simultaneously charge you phone. The micro usb cable that is attached to it stores nicely, extends to about an inch, and you can lock it in place so the phone is lined up with the side of the dock when plugged in.

The desktop charger dock doesn't come with USB ports or HDMI out.

Name:  2011-09-08_16-03-51_365.jpg
Views: 673
Size:  1.29 MBName:  2011-09-08_16-03-26_251.jpg
Views: 624
Size:  1,000.1 KBName:  2011-09-08_16-04-16_864.jpg
Views: 597
Size:  1.30 MBName:  2011-09-08_16-03-05_993.jpg
Views: 612
Size:  968.5 KBName:  2011-09-08_16-04-06_376.jpg
Views: 619
Size:  1.11 MB

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Looks like there is a new "award" promotion that Motorola and Tongal have started:
    http://tongal.com/project2/Motorola/overview
    "Create a 30-90 second video that gets consumers excited about the new DROID BIONIC through creative story-telling in which the device and its technology empowers the moment and aligns with the theme of “Control it, and you control everything.” This video can focus on a unique aspect of DROID BIONIC and/or how it can affect a consumer’s life/give them control over their content and their life."

Device(s)
    Motorola Bionic
    Feedback Score
    My NE2 still works and I was up for an upgrade back last October. I checked with a VZW worker on another forum I'm on and he said it was 6 months after the e*ROES system update which was March 6. Although he may have typo'd. Then someone provided pictures of the sheets VZW sent to its stores which I will post at the bottom of this reply.

From: AIl Your Base | Posted: 1/13/2011 07:38:33 PM | Filter | Message Detail | #0015
    i work for verizon, after march 16th you have 6 months to use your upgrade or you lose the 30 or 50 off
    Name:  Screen shot 2011-01-13 at 6.47.42 PM.png
Views: 591
Size:  424.9 KBName:  Screen shot 2011-01-13 at 6.47.55 PM.png
Views: 588
Size:  275.6 KBName:  Screen shot 2011-01-13 at 6.48.03 PM.png
Views: 558
Size:  305.2 KBName:  Screen shot 2011-01-13 at 6.48.11 PM.png
Views: 557
Size:  320.8 KB

Device(s)
    Motorola Bionic
    Feedback Score
    My apologies for the big pictures. Are there any [spoiler tags I can use to hide them ?

Device(s)
    Bionic
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Just grabbed the last bundle of the day at my local Costco, much to the dismay of the two people that hit the kiosk about 30 seconds after me. First impressions are that this phone is exactly what I expected it to be (awesome), and most likely more once I spend some quality time with it.

As for the screen discussion from the pre-release thread, it's absolutely fine by eyes. Everything looks smooth, clean and crisp. I'm actually chuckling to think that there was such an ongoing debate about it. IMO, there's nothing wrong with it at all.

All-in-all, I'm 100% satisfied with my purchase.

Feedback Score
    Purchased for my GF from Verizon Online for 299.99 with $100 Rebate for upgrade from dumb phone for total cost: 199.99+ Tax.. I'm pretty upset my girl will be rocking the BIONIC while im still rocking OG Droid Rooted

Feedback Score

Costco deal is excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by PalmEnvy View Post
    How is the Costco bundle? Is it worth it? It doesn't look the dock they are offering has the usb port on it.
    I was the 7th customer to arrive at costco this morning..Sold out...as I was leaving the store one of the customers that had already signed up to purchase one chased me down and said hey this guy is not eligible for an upgrade you can get the last one..So back I went..LOL..Phones did not arrive until 11:45 AM... My Co-worker who is a member allowed me to do the purchase.. So 2 people were extremely nice to me today and helped me get this phone..

Anyway The Costco Deal is awesome.. It's a white box deal for the accessories...another words it's all motorola products (accessories) but just in plastic bags..no fancy packaging..but the units are the same thing as what is in the retail packaging..You just don't get all of the pretty packaging...packaging is just going in the trash (recycling)any way..

Note.. The Bionic phone does come in the retail packaging!!

So far the bionic is awesome...I'm loving the car dock and the table dock works fantastic too.. The car dock is very stable in my extremely rough riding car..

Oh yea the screen...are you kidding me?.. I have read and read about the "pentile" screen...It looks fabulous to me..and it looks awesome in the bright light of the outdoors. That is all that matters to me! I wasn't to worried about the pentile screen I was happy with my Inc. screen...I was worried about the brightness in direct sunlight...since using it in the bright sun no worries!!

My costco said this deal may continue for 2 to 6 weeks. Maybe even longer if the demand stays high.. Probably had about 30 telephone and in-store inquiries during my 3 hour wait this morning. The costco deal seems to be in high demand..

One last thing about the deal.. additionally to the motorola docking stations and xtra battery and battery charger..you also get a generic case and some generic screen protectors. And you get a Motorola car charger.

That is a lot of stuff cheaper than you can even get the phone at the Verizon store.

There are two ports on the back of the nightstand dock.. usb to plug the usb cable in from the charger and what i assume is a headphone port to either connect headphones to or connect the bionic to an auxillary stereo system.. There are no other usb ports or HDMI ports on this dock...It is just the standard dock!!
    Last edited by pinhunter27; 09-08-2011 at 05:20 PM. Reason: usb port

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast