Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorola DROID BIONIC XT875 Release Thread

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score
    With everyone getting the Costco deal, does anyone know for sure if they can or cannot use customer's New Evey 2 credit, and also if that $100 Verizon phone trade-in will work (which you trade in a non-smartphone and get a $100 Verizon gift card).
    =>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Feedback Score
    I just played with the bionic. What a let down. After waiting almost a year for this thing I'm confident in saying 1 thing, I'll pass on this one! And so begins the wait for the hd or prime

Sent from my DROID X2 using HowardForums

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Are there any soft cases that are not skins?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rideflat View Post
    I just played with the bionic. What a let down. After waiting almost a year for this thing I'm confident in saying 1 thing, I'll pass on this one! And so begins the wait for the hd or prime

Can you expound on this?

Feedback Score
    Feels less snappy than x2, pentile looks worse, feels cheap, I don't like the camera, and the lapdock stuff just adds a bigger screen and a full sized keyboard. I wasn't impressed.

Feedback Score

Ne2

Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post
    With everyone getting the Costco deal, does anyone know for sure if they can or cannot use customer's New Evey 2 credit, and also if that $100 Verizon phone trade-in will work (which you trade in a non-smartphone and get a $100 Verizon gift card).
    I was not able to use my final NE2 at costco. We were all told no you could not do the NE2 at my costco. Also my costco will not allow you to exchange the phone for a different phone beyond the 14 day verizon exchange. You do get a 90 day warranty to get an exact replacement phone. But you cannot switch to a different brand phone after 14 days..This is what the kiosk manager told everyone today. He said in the past some costco kiosk has done this but it was not the correct thing to do and they put a stop to it...Maybe some other costcos may allow you to but I would not bank on it. I will not be needing a different phone unless bionic is a lemon..Which from there track record I would say is very unlikely..

I do not know about the verizon dumb-phone trade in. I highly doubt you would be able to use the trade in.

Also I think that deal is for people that are upgrading from a dumb phone to a data package. Of course if you have multiple phone lines you could trade in an eligible dumb phone get the 100 dollars card and add a 2gb tiered plan to your account. I read in other post that lots of stores was offering this deal...I'm grandfathered in with unlimited so not worth it to me..

Feedback Score
    The phone must be selling like crazy costco online is sold out

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pinhunter27 View Post
    Also my costco will not allow you to exchange the phone for a different phone beyond the 14 day verizon exchange. You do get a 90 day warranty to get an exact replacement phone. But you cannot switch to a different brand phone after 14 days..This is what the kiosk manager told everyone today. He said in the past some costco kiosk has done this but it was not the correct thing to do and they put a stop to it...
    That's flat out wrong. It says in no uncertain terms in Coscto's wireless advocates FAQ that you can exchange in 90 days even if you simply don't like the phone.

There was even language to that effect in the documents I signed to get the phone and the guy at the kiosk told me that when I purchased it.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon (now)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just got the phone at a Verizon store, and overall here are my first impressions:

PROS:
    +Solid build quality
    +Solid reception going by db readings
    +Amazing sound quality through earpiece and speaker
    +4G consistency better than the Droid Charge
    +Thin and good weight

CONS:
    -Signal bars are completely inaccurate. Showing 1-2 bars in strong areas, though the db readings are very good.
    -Vibrate is extremely weak
    -The screen has the dreaded diagonal pixel screen effect every time there is a screen animation.

Overall, the pros still make it a better phone than the competition thus far, but I'm wondering if others are experiencing the same cons.
    Last edited by GuyinLACA; 09-08-2011 at 08:17 PM.
    A phone is only fun when you can modify it anyway you please.

The Verizon UI....unhackable? I think not

Carrier(s)
    I <3 Verizon!
    Feedback Score
    Sold out at the stores I tried. Anyone else have this problem?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

DROID bionic review

Well, got the bionic today on launch day, and over all I am not impressed, for what you get for the price.

4G is not available in my area, so I set my phone to CDMA only, because with the CDMA/LTE option turned on, my phone would refuse to give me data or voice connections. Only problem I that in an area where I got three to four bars of 3G with my DROIDX, I am barely able to have any data connection with the bionic.

Also I think with MOTOBLUR, it is killing my phone speed, as there is a nice delay on menu's, application screen, and going from locked to the homescreen. Not to mention the phone is advertised to have 16Gb of internal memory, when it really only has 8Gb.

I do like the new design, the original in Jan looked better to me, but I am impressed with the new look.

When I was able to call someone, the call was loud and crystal clear.

There is a battery issue with the phone, with only 3G turned on, and only cruising the internet, the battery from a full charge lasted about 3 hours, with maybe 18 minutes of it was actually using the phone, the rest it was display off on my otterbox defender holster. I did have the battery set to nighttime saver.

The 3G wasn't that fast either, my DROIDX, was at about 1.68Mbps in Marianna, fl. The bionic was 0.23Mbps at the same place.

The speaker phone is loud as well, I was very impressed with that, and slacker radio being preinstalled was a nice move vzw.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using HowardForums
    ~T-Lar Seth~
    Gamer's Guild© Computer Service Technician

CJST Board Certified Law Enforcement

Device(s)
    HTC Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    12 hours in, my Bionic fell head first into an iced coffee and sat there for 10 minutes before I got back in the car. Fried. Asurion doesn't even have it in their system yet, so I have to call back to finish my claim.

Device(s)
    Droid BIONIC
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I kinda paid retail (iPhone 4 upgrade used prior). It's a long story on how I got it cheaper involving Gamestop, Best Buy, and PS2 games.

So far though, I love the phone. It's a worthy upgrade from when I had the OG Droid. I only got the iPhone because there wasn't a good enough phone out when my OG was getting progressively worse even after attempts to speed it up. I tried it the day before at VZW and I wanted it right there and so far I don't miss the iPhone 4 at all. Bigger screen (yes, it has the pentile downfall but I don't have the phone .5" from my face so I don't notice the flaw without doing that), MUCH faster, LTE (whenever Des Moines gets it, ugh...), Android of course which I dearly missed.

I also like the redesigned Blur. It doesn't feel like it's screwed up the soul of Android (if that analogy made sense) but enhanced it. Except the bloatware. If I have to I will root it just to remove the bloatware. I don't have any desire for different themes or further hacking. I like a phone that works damn well and so far this has been living up to it.

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score
    I gave LauncherPro a try on the Bionic, and it works just fine, plus you can set it up for 7 home screens.
    But I had to remove it, since I need it to be stock for my comparison reviews.
    I don't understand why Motorola has the Droid 3 and Bionic with only 5 home screens, when most every other Android phone out there has 7.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post
    You can't use NE2, and the $100 verizon trade-in is only for new contracts. So the two are mutually exclusive regardless.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast