Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: How to Root: Bionic, Razr, Razr Maxx, Droid 4

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post
    I tried a couple diffent ones a few weeks back and none of them worked with the Bionic.
    FAUguy, you are referring to the overclocking apps?

Device(s)
    Moto X,RAZR M,D4,Bionic, D3, DX,D2G, Pro, Xoom
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    No overclocking yet...and it doesnt need it at all. No modules have been written.
    kbman

Droid RAZR M/HD MSM8960 does HSPA+ on US GSM carriers!

If we knew what we were doing, they wouldn't call it research. - Albert Einstein

Read more, post less.

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kbman View Post
    No overclocking yet...and it doesnt need it at all. No modules have been written.
    Well with other dual core smartphones running 1.2-1.5 Ghz, it would be nice if the Bionic could be overclocked some.
    =>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    For battery life considerations the ability to over and underclock as needed seems to me to be the way to go.
    At this satge, I would want to see a reliable backup system and then a safe way to remove the Verizon bloatware apps.

Device(s)
    Moto X,RAZR M,D4,Bionic, D3, DX,D2G, Pro, Xoom
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    While I agree that it's always nice to have the ability to overclock and have fun pushing benchmarks etc. I haven't felt a really compelling need to do so for any of the more recent Droid devices and definitely not either the D3 or Bionic.
    Nobody has thus far done the work to write a runtime module compatible with the dual core OMAP kernel that is required for overclocking to work safely or at all.

Everything else is there right now except full ROMs like CM7. The bootstrap recovery in both forms available can make a complete system and data image backup, you just use slightly different methods to boot into recovery mode.
    Safe methods for restoring system images are available as well as many varieties of scripted bloat removal tools and other easily managed and packaged mods.

Personally, I am not big on ROMs and themes and prefer to explore other aspects of the phone and features, and find many so called "de-blurred" ROMs break fundamental components or features, particularly regarding the radio and hardware or diagnostic functions by removing BLUR components that control those functions.

YMMV.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Is there software you can post links to, that do complete backups and restores?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    http://www.phonearena.com/news/Motor...e-soon_id24529
    Will the same tools still work to root after the update?

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    The OTA that is out this week will cause the Bionic to lose Root in the process.
    Has anyone tried to see if the one-click Windows programs will Root the phone OK after the OTA is applied?

Device(s)
    SGS3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post
    The OTA that is out this week will cause the Bionic to lose Root in the process.
    Has anyone tried to see if the one-click Windows programs will Root the phone OK after the OTA is applied?
    I was able to keep root through the OTA. I had reverted back to stock with R3L3AS3Droot/ and foreverrooted. I then applied the OTA update and kept root. I saw where others lost root, so I don't know what they (or I) did different.

just glad I still have root

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I lost Root but kept the superuser app. Has anyone tried to reroot after the OTA with the one-click rooter?
    I want to check stability of the OTA before I reroot(or try to).

Feedback Score
    Used http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12050927/1-click_exploit.zip and my phone is once again rooted. Used to be scared to root, now I don't want to have a phone without rooting it.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Does this run only with the USB mass storage option or do you need a development flag on?

Feedback Score
    Set it in Charge only mode to root it

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixx247 View Post
    Used http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12050927/1-click_exploit.zip and my phone is once again rooted. Used to be scared to root, now I don't want to have a phone without rooting it.
    Did not work for me. Going to try the one I used before.....

Ok, not able to get Root back at all!
    I tried the link above for the 1-click by P3 and it didn't work.
    Also tried the original Droid 3 root program (Droid 3 easy root) and also the Pete's Motorola Root tools.
    All of them showed access denied when trying to copy the files.
    So I uninstalled SuperUser and used Pete's program to make sure the phone was un-rooted.
    Then tried to root again, and still could not by any of these methods.
    I guess something must have changed in the OTA to not allow it?

Bionic is set to Charge Only and USB Debugging is checked, but I no longer get the little debug icon in the notification try, just the usb icon.

You can see the errors I get when using the P3Droid 1-click:

And Pete's doesn't work either:
    Last edited by FAUguy; 12-19-2011 at 05:04 AM.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    FAUguy, I will try the first method and if it does not work, try the other one. I had problems intially rooting and forced it through.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast