Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Any updates on the 511c????

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellphonefreak View Post
    That is what I am wondering also! A rep told me it has been in their warehouse since Aug 26 but they are not programmed yet. ????
    That explains why I was misinformed about the August 26 date the first time. A rep did say it would take 2-3 weeks for it to ship to stores when they received the phone at the warehouse. It should either be out this week or next week.

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Riktar View Post
    But if ST changes their mind and does put the 511C on Sprint, well, I guess I better get used to these puny keys on the 355C

Thanks for the little review. I suppose it is conceivable that the 511c could be used on either network if it's a dual band phone. However, America Movil is a pretty smart company and I would think the network was chosen long before now. Probably just a delay for the Android as Tracfancier suggested. But I am dying to see the phone released.

The problem is as soon as it comes out, there will probably be two more phones everyone is anxiously awaiting. So it never ends.

Feedback Score
    any news on the lg 511c ? what is going to be the price range ?

Phone
    LG Banter
    Carrier
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by labjr View Post
    Thanks for the little review. I suppose it is conceivable that the 511c could be used on either network if it's a dual band phone. However, America Movil is a pretty smart company and I would think the network was chosen long before now. Probably just a delay for the Android as Tracfancier suggested. But I am dying to see the phone released.

The problem is as soon as it comes out, there will probably be two more phones everyone is anxiously awaiting. So it never ends.
    For me it will end. The 511C has all the features I need and even IF he Android would have been on VZW I would have to consider the qwerty on the LG. While there are things I like about touch screens, texting is not one of them,,,

But that's me.

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    For me it will end. The 511C has all the features I need and even IF he Android would have been on VZW I would have to consider the qwerty on the LG. While there are things I like about touch screens, texting is not one of them,,,

But that's me.
    I don't need a real fancy phone myself. Just a bit better browser than I have with the LG290c. I like the idea of the qwerty keypad too. I used a friend's iphone just last night and don't like the feel of texting with a touch screen for the same reason I don't like liquid gel ink pens. No tactile feedback. I make too many mistakes.

Feedback Score
    any chance of a 511 for the gsm network ?

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirpaulgerman View Post
    any chance of a 511 for the gsm network ?
    Probably not.

Feedback Score

But that's me.
    I also like the keyboard--Net 10 and Trac are getting the 505c which is also a touch slider and probably cheaper--ST is high on their phones. I bet the 511c is going to be 99.99.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellphonefreak View Post
    I also like the keyboard--Net 10 and Trac are getting the 505c which is also a touch slider and probably cheaper--ST is high on their phones. I bet the 511c is going to be 99.99.
    $100 sounds about right for it`s features.

Phone
    LG Banter
    Carrier
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    If it is $100 I will be all over that. As good as the ST service has been so far I may just bite the bullet and pay the early termination fee from US Cellular. It has been so nice being able to just talk in my house without having to "roam" looking for the clearest spot to stand or pose in,,,,

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Actually he 511C could be over $100 because of features. Here are all the phones, with pricing, see what you think.
    Notice the reduced pricing on the two older Nokias.

http://www.straighttalk.com/Phones

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    Actually he 511C could be over $100 because of features. Here are all the phones, with pricing, see what you think.
    Notice the reduced pricing on the two older Nokias.

http://www.straighttalk.com/Phones
    It is like the Rumor Touch and it is 100. so if it is priced over 100. I am not going to get it--may go with the 505c for Net 10.

Feedback Score
    If it is $100 I will be all over that. As good as the ST service has been so far I may just bite the bullet and pay the early termination fee from US Cellular. It has been so nice being able to just talk in my house without having to "roam" looking for the clearest spot to stand or pose in,,,,
    Did you have the Attune? Was it not a good phone or just the coverage? The 505c for Net 10 is like the Attune.

Phone
    LG Banter
    Carrier
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    It is the coverage. We just "upgraded" from Motorola Quantico's to the LG Banter Touch. While the Motorola's had SLIGHTLY better reception the difference is the less than better reception in my home. The VZW coverage is not worlds better, but it is enough that I no longer worry about calls dropping. Just a note that the ATT coverage is such that while the calls don't drop out as much the calls are subject to "breaks" where some words get lost in the conversation./ At least that was my experience when I was trying a "G" phone from ST.

The final straw with the US Cellular service is missed voicemeails. IE: someone calls and leaves a voicemail. I am not informed of it via screen display on my phone for as long as 2 days in some cases. And that is COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE!!!!
    Last edited by Riktar; 09-16-2011 at 06:28 AM. Reason: added content

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Well, we better hope ST didn't change their mind about putting the phone on Verizon. They could've decided to put it on Sprint. Or pulled the phone altogether and use it for one of their other MNVOs.

Especiallly, since Verizon "Unleased" unlimited plan is coming out. Unleashed may be the reason Verizon is raising their rates for ST using their system. Or won't allow ST to use anything but mobile web. Thus no threat to their postpaid system. To me this is would be the very reason AT&T shouldn't be allowed to by T-Mobile. Two big corporations would control the entire market. The airwaves belong to the people, not corporations.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast