Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Verizon prepaid unlimited $50 plan, What phones will work and won't.

Feedback Score

New Verizon prepaid unlimited $50 plan, What phones will work and won't.

All newer Verizon prepaid feature/basic phones are eligible.
    Verizon prepaid smartphones, Blackberries and touchscreens are not.
    Verizon contract/postpaid phones, even versions otherwise identical to prepaid ones (i.e. VX 5600) are out.

Most older Verizon prepaid phones (often labeled with a pp or PP after the model number underneath the battery chamber, i.e. LG Chocolate, VX8500PP) can be used on this plan with the following exceptions:

Motorola Razr v3m v3c w315 Verizon/Pantech PN 210, PN215, Nokia 2128,2366 lg vx3200 Panasonic cdm 7075, kyocera se47 Samsung U410 are all disallowed from being used on the new plan.

Bummer on the Razrs as they would have allowed EVDO 3G data speeds on an unlimited Verizon plan.

Verizon prepaid phones that had 3G data: Chocolate 2/LG VX 8550, Motorola W755, LG VX9900 Env, Samsung Alias 1 and 2. If there are other Verizon prepaid phones that were made with 3G/evdo data capability, please list.

The standard Verizon prepaid general rules of no smartphones, no touchscreens and html browsers remain in effect for the paygo and daily 1.99 unlimited talk plans. Those two plans also allow the use of most Verizon out of contract postpaid clean esn feature phones too which the new $50 plan does not.

Verizon is taking cues from both Virgin Mobile (different byod levels for different plans) and Net10 (allowing many older phones but not all on the new plans).

Still wish Page Plus would hurry up and push out their rumored $55 unlimited talk/text/300 meg plan. Byod there is so much easier then Verizon prepaid .
    Last edited by fonezfonz; 09-15-2011 at 03:15 AM.

Carriers
    PTel
    Feedback Score
    fonefonz, how do you know for sure that the RAZRs and other phones you listed are disallowed? Is there a list on Verizon's site somewhere or did you get it from a CS rep. Reps aren't always a reliable source of info.
    My site: PrepaidPhoneNews.com My other sites: wapreview.com, boostapps.com

Feedback Score
    I checked with two separate Vz pp csrs and both had "the list" of non allowed Vz pp phones. Good thing it was only a dozen models.

Phones
    N/A
    Pantech Jest
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Wow they said they don't allow certain totally low-end 1x flip phones (W315, CDM7075, VX3200, U410) but do allow others?

By the way for anyone considering using a flip phone, Walmart now has the LG Accolade (VX5600PP) bundled with some sort of cheesy Bluetooth earpiece all for $22.88.

I thought the Alias 2 has always been banned due to its HTML browser. Alias 1 OK and it was sold as a Prepaid version.

Carrier
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    The Verizon pre paid csr told me that the Motorola E815 will work on the 50 dollar plan.

Feedback Score
    Anyone actually test any non standard Verizon phones on this plan and had it take to it, please list. Especially ponees with 3G/evdo and can download Opera Mini.

Feedback Score
    OK so question, has anyone figured out which phones WILL work with this plan? If the Alias 2 will work. Thats a cool deal ya know lol.

Also i went to the Verizon site and it only list 1 Samsung phone that can download Opera Mini. Can anyone confirm if its available to download on ANY phone? Im just getting a tad confused.

Phones
    iPhone 5 (Verizon)
    iPhone 5 (Verizon)
    iPhone 4S (T-Mo)
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    If we can discern an EVDO-A phone or device which is eligible for the $50 Unleashed (giving unlimited 3G data) we might have a genuine deal. Otherwise, I see nothing great about 'Unleashed' whatsoever.

Feedback Score

Add some more non usable Verizon prepaid original phones

Motorola Razr v3m v3c w315 Verizon/Pantech PN 210, PN215, Nokia 2128,2366 lg vx3200 Panasonic cdm 7075, kyocera se47 Samsung U410 are all disallowed from being used on the new plan.

Add to that the Audiovox CDM 7075, Motorola V120, Nokia 6015, Samsung SCH 870.

All other Verizon prepaid phones (usually followed by a pp or PP after the name version inside the battery compartment like VX8500PP (Chocolate) should be usable on this plan.

Phones
    myTouch 4G
    Samsung Skyrocket
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I was told today that the Push To Talk phones where not allowed for the $50 plan. I took a Casio Ravine to a local store and was told they could not put it on the $50 Pre Pay Plan.

Phones
    HTC Thunderbolt
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Carriers
    Verizon ~
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blueoval4ever View Post
    I was told today that the Push To Talk phones where not allowed for the $50 plan. I took a Casio Ravine to a local store and was told they could not put it on the $50 Pre Pay Plan.
    The Ravine is an EVDO phone and I don't believe there are many EVDO phones allowed on this plan.
    Verizon 4G LTE:

Feedback Score
    Push to talk phones cannot be used on Verizon Unleashed at all. All PTT Verizon phones are contract. There were never any made available for prepaid. However, Verizon contract feature phones can generally be used on the OTHER Verizon prepaid daily and paygo plans. The only phones eligible for Verizon Unleashed are phones that were originally Verizon prepaid phones to begin with . There are some qwerties and evdo 0 /3g capable phones in that bunch. Data may be meh to some on feature phones but if you're going to get unlimited data, you might as well get the fastest standard you can get.

A simple starting point to see what Verizon prepaid phones that work and don't is to get this list:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...s-(all-banned)

Minus the dozen or so non usable Verizon prepaid phones (Razrs, Pantech PN210/215, etc)
    And add the current generation available at Walmart, whatever.

Granted, it won't be a perfect list, but it will be a decent and fairly complete starting point.
    I'm personally biased toward qwerties and evdo 0 type phones including the Chocolate twins , Moto W755,
    Env /VX9900, Alias and others.

Sure, Byod is restricted but not impossible to work with. Byod is a relative thing. Could be worse. Way better then the original Florida/Cali version of Unleashed with three models.

Phones
    myTouch 4G
    Samsung Skyrocket
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Thanks Everyone. I bought the Ravine on e-Bay and tried the Page Plus $30 plan with Data. Was never able to get any data to work or find any help. I use it on the Lake while Jet-Skiing. Need the Waterproof side of the G'zone phone. I have a small float attached to it also. No need to worry about it sinking. I would have liked being able to use the data side to look up weather radar while on the lake. One of the best speaker phones I have ever seen. Plays music good over the built in speakers also.

Carrier
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    hey fonefonz! - could I trouble you to use that great brain of yours and figure out a fiendishly intelligent way of me getting a brand new HTC Merge (basically an Evo Shift 4G without the wimax) on this plan, much like I am getting my T-mobile G2 on T-mo's plan for a similar amount per month! please? I know you have some good tricks up your sleeve!! - PS: the HTC Merge is rooted, unlocked, S-OFF, etc. if this makes it easier.

Feedback Score
    Well Jennifer, I did some checking on the Merge. It sounds like a really sweet phone.
    However it is not eligible to be activated on this plan. I would recommend that you wait till October 25 and activate this phone on Page Plus already announced unlimited talk/text/300 meg plan for $55. Or activate it now on Acrs Wireless's unlimited talk/text/1 gig plan for $70 (activation fee is necessary). The Merge has wifi and hotspot capbility so that may compensate to a degree for the lack of unlimited data on the Page Plus and Acrs wireless plans.

Just to let you know: ACRS wireless can port but it may take a while. They prefer not too. And they charge per mms. However, the head of ACRS takes care of his customers and they have Verizon POSTpaid coverage which even Verizon prepaid doesn't offer without extra charge.

Page Plus is the most major independent Verizon mvno out there. There is no activation charge but sometimes dealing with them can be a hassle (customer care) . I recommend a good dealer. If you need to see my short list, pm me.

There is unfortunately, no legal way to get smartphones on this Verizon $50 plan. I worked a little magic on the ATT feature phone unlimited plan but then again gsm byod has more holes in it then cdma does.

Good luck and hope this helped. btw, Acrs wireless is probably going to be improving its offerings in the very near future.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast