Thread: Boost Mobile vs. Virgin Mobile

Carriers
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score

Boost Mobile vs. Virgin Mobile

Hello. Well I currently have Virgin Mobile. Virgin Mobile here where i live (Los Angeles) is deceent. My internet speeds are usually really good but the 300 minutes aren't enough and the text messages usually come late once it even took 1 hour to recieve one text message. So I was wondering if Boost Mobile has those types of issues or problems. I want to switch over to Boost Mobile but don't know what issues Boost has or if Virgin Mobile is better than Boost. I really want to switch over because of Shrinkage, Unlimited Calling, and the new Samsung Transform Ultra coming to Boost Mobile. SO WHICH IS BETTER AND WHAT ISSUES DOES BOOST MOBILE HAVE? Thanks

Carrier
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Boost Mobile supposidly has none of the delayrd txt and data outage issues that VM has.

Sent from my Inspire 4G

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    If you want unlimited talk/web service then Boost is good. Boost and Virgin both run on Sprint so they have the same coverage.

Boost has had its share of text and data problems, but nothing like Virgin customers report.

Note that with the Transform, the monthly fee will go up an additional $5 per month.

Sent from my PC36100

Feedback Score
    im a newbie to Boost myself. i've been a VM customer and then a Sprint, and then recently a Boost. im too new to know all the technical stuff about call/data quality comparison, but at least know/rest assured with all 3, you're on the same network.

if i were you and any Boost Android would do, i would get the boost Prevail before Oct 6 when the $5/mo surcharge is about to kick in. that will save you $5 an eventually u will have unlimited call/text/data for $35 on the Prevail not $40 on the Ultra.

if ur frugal.

if you have your heart set on the ultra, i think that debuts the same day as the price hike?

Carriers
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    But are text messages delayed and are there data outages with Boost like how it is constantly seen in Virgin Mobile

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Carriers
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Zindabad the new $5/mo will eventually apply to everyone because all Android phone transfers done after October 6 will be given that extra 5 dollars a month to there account because I really doubt anyone is going to stick with the Samsung Prevail forever. :l

Feedback Score
    the big difference that stands out to me, is lol, both VM & Boost customer service are very 'ghetto'!

this has been very frustrating cuz its not just the 'cool' voice prompts, but the personnel are sometimes hard to understand with harsh spanish-sounding accents. with sprint never had even one rep that was hard to understand, even the phillipines one.

also the boost system hangs up on in your face if you want to speak to a rep and not a 'dealer'. lol

other than that in my experience has been that vm, boost & sprint call & data quality are about the same, except the data when tethering seems throttled even if officially it isnt - yet. but thats not even kosher so no biggy there.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoneCreator123 View Post
    Zindabad the new $5/mo will eventually apply to everyone because all Android phone transfers done after October 6 will be given that extra 5 dollars a month to there account because I really doubt anyone is going to stick with the Samsung Prevail forever. :l
    i agree, eventually even cherished Prevails will be lost or broken, etc. and customer forced to incur the $5 with a new Android.

and $5 is just a stepping stone. wouldnt be surprised if it jumps to $10 then $15 in a yr or so!

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    As I told you earlier, as long as the customer is going from a lost/stolen/broken Prevail, to another Prevail, it has been suggested that Boost Mobile will credit the $5 charge on those such incidents.

Carrier
    AIO, Cricket or whatever AT&T is calling it this week
    Feedback Score
    Eventually, there will be no more Prevails and you'll have to pay the $5 fee. But it's prepaid and they were under no obligation to grandfather anyone to begin with. You know that part in Star Wars 2 (or is it 5, now?) where Vader says he's altering the deal? That's how it works when you're not under contract. Heck, even contract customers get their plan changed every so often, and there's usually a big to-do about how you can use it to leave without paying an ETF.

The solution is to either grin and bear it, or hop on over to wherever the grass looks greener.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Even green grass has cow pies. :P

Carriers
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    ...which explains the green grass!
    The best way out is always through...