Thread: New to pre-paid. How do you check minutes remaining (or minutes used) on phone?

Phone
    Samsung Fascinate
    Carrier
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score

New to pre-paid. How do you check minutes remaining (or minutes used) on phone?

Hi. I just signed up for the $30 monthly pre-paid plan. How do I determine how many minutes I've used, or how many minutes I have left for my 30 day cycle? I know I can check it online at the My T-Mobile site, but I was hoping to be able to do this on the phone too. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    http://www.t-mobile.com/support/Supp...upport_billing
    http://wiki.howardforums.com/index.p...le_Short_Codes
    Did you know you can check this online at the My T-Mobile site on the phone too?

Phone
    Samsung Fascinate
    Carrier
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I think the images shown in the first link are for post-paid accounts, right?

The short cut codes for the 2nd link are mostly post-paid codes. The ones that the phone tells me to try is #999#, but when I do that, all it tells me is "Your T-Mobile Prepaid account balance is 0.00 USD. To add more minutes, dial *233 or redeem a refill card."

I could go online to My T-Mobile on my phone, but I only have 30MB every 30 days, so I'd rather not waste it browsing for my minutes. :-) I was hoping that there was a short cut code for this with a pre-paid account, but it doesn't look like there is. I guess only thru My T-Mobile can I see the minutes used. Bummer. :-(

Carrier
    TMo
    Feedback Score
    Can you try #646# instead of #999#?

Phones
    Nokia 5310 w/Jabra BT250V handsfree, Nokia 6010, Nokia 6030
    Nokia 6310i, Nokia 8310 (Europe)
    Carrier
    T-Mobile US, Fido, T-Mobile NL, Orange IL
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rashiki View Post
    Hi. I just signed up for the $30 monthly pre-paid plan. How do I determine how many minutes I've used, or how many minutes I have left for my 30 day cycle? I know I can check it online at the My T-Mobile site, but I was hoping to be able to do this on the phone too. Thanks!
    Key#225# (#BAL#) or #999#. You can also call *8646 and when it asks you "do you wish to refill your account?" press 2 (for no) then press 2 for dollars and minutes balance. It will also tell you the expiration date of your account. #225# or #999# won't tell you when your account expires but will tell you when your account will renew for another month.
    Moderator yahoogroups forum T-Mobile-US http://groups.yahoo.com/group/T-Mobile-US

Phones
    Nokia 5310 w/Jabra BT250V handsfree, Nokia 6010, Nokia 6030
    Nokia 6310i, Nokia 8310 (Europe)
    Carrier
    T-Mobile US, Fido, T-Mobile NL, Orange IL
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberoam View Post
    Can you try #646# instead of #999#?
    No, you cannot. #646# is for billed service only. #225# or #999# is for prepaid.

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I asked customer service the same thing as #225# and #999# do not show the minutes/texts remaining on the $30 plan. I was told that their system (for whatever reason) is not capable of showing the balance when yyou use short codes.

To check it on your phone you can visit the my account part of web2go. I believe they do not charge you for data to visit that page. You can verify this by dialing #932# to check how much data you have used, visit the web2go page and then dial #932# again and see if your data usage has gone up.

Hope this helps.

Phones
    LG Optimus T
    Moto G
    Carrier
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    If you've got a T-Mobile branded phone, don't they all have a "My Account" shortcut icon somewhere? If so, that'll take you right to your info on web2go. If no icon, I believe the URL is m.web2go.com/myaccount (or something similar).

Phones
    Optimus T
    Optimus T
    G1
    Carrier
    T-Mobile prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I think the My Account page is having some kind of proxy weirdness, because half the time I go there it gives me what appears to be some random, real-looking balance until I refresh the page.

#999# works fine on classic prepaid (ie, minutes bought with a card).