Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Pantech Breakout Realease Thread

Name:  pb.jpg
Views: 1232
Size:  19.1 KB

Verizon Wireless To Launch Pantech Breakout™

Pantech Breakout Combines Tremendous 4G LTE Speed and the Latest Features with Affordability

09/19/2011

BASKING RIDGE, NJ, and HAUPPAUGE, NY — Verizon Wireless and Pantech today announced the Pantech Breakout™ will be exclusively available in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com beginning Sept. 22.

The Pantech Breakout smartphone, brought to market by Personal Communications Devices, LLC (PCD), shines with super-fast downloads packaged in a slim and attractive design. Customers will have access to custom Pantech widgets and can share media files between Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA)-enabled devices by using the Net Media app on their Pantech Breakout.

Additional features:

- Powered by 4G LTE – customers can expect download speeds of 5 to 12 Mbps and upload speeds of 2 to 5 Mbps in 4G mobile broadband coverage areas
    - Android™ 2.3 Gingerbread
    - 1 GHz processor
    - 4-inch capacitive touch display (480 x 800)
    - Support for Google™ Mobile Services, including Gmail™, YouTube™, Google Search™ and Google Maps™, as well as access to more than 250,000 apps available to download from Android Market™
    - 4G LTE mobile hotspot supporting up to 10 Wi-Fi-enabled devices
    - Virtual QWERTY keyboard featuring SWYPE™ technology for quick and easy typing of messages and emails
    - 5-megapixel autofocus rear-facing camera with HD video capture up to 720p
    - VGA front-facing camera for still shots and video chatting
    - Wi-Fi connectivity 802.11 b/g/n
    - Bluetooth® 3.0 support includes headset, hands-free, object push, advanced audio distribution (stereo), audio/video remote control, file transfer and phonebook access
    - 8 GB pre-installed microSD™

Pricing and availability:

- The Pantech Breakout will be available on Sept. 22 in Verizon Wireless Communication Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com for $99.99 after a $50 mail in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. - Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
    - Customers that purchase a Pantech Breakout smartphone will need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless Nationwide Talk plan beginning at $39.99 for monthly access and a smartphone data package starting at $30 monthly access for 2 GB of data.
    Verizon Wireless

Feedback Score
    Once again, they lie to you in their advertising, it's $149.99 until at a later date, you're fortunate enough to maybe get a MIR of $50 on a debit card. So you're real price includes taxes on $149.99 not $99.99...... So sick of lies and distortions which companies are allowed to get away with.

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score
    I went ahead and changed this to the release thread, since some stores have started to sell it a day early.
    =>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Looks like a nice deal, I'm waiting for battery life reports first before I get excited...

I don't suppose if I give them an old deactivated VZW dumbphone they'll let me get that $100 discount (I have an OG Droid right now)

According to a review that posted a benchmark, this phone is more than twice as fast as my OG Droid so I'll be happy with it's performance as long as the battery life is good!

Device(s)
    motorola moto x
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Yes you can turn in an old retired dumbphone and get the 100 dollars, but it comes to you in the form of a gift card up to six weeks after they receive the device.
    I just did this, im using the dumb phone I was using on another line.
    I have messed with the pantech and must say, I was thinking of getting the incredible 2 but on tests in the store the pantech is faster, running on 3g because we dont have 4g here yet.
    I will say the build isnt as strong but the earpiece sounds good and is loud as well as loud ringers and good clear speaker phone, the incredible loses in this area.
    Im just not real sure about Pantech though.

Device(s)
    HTC Rezound
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    not that this thread will see alot of action.. but i thought it worth mentioning to anyone who reads this that the Pantech Breakout supports voice/data at the same time over 3G just like the Thunderbolt. I know becuase i have one and I just tried it. I have 4G radio turned off, wifi off and made a couple calls and still was able to browse internet sites, facebook, etc.. just thought i would mention it.
    Oh and on battery life for the person who asked earlier.. even with 4G off my initial impressions are that battery life is pretty bad.. and the little bit i was in a 4G area yesterday it was even worse.
    John 14:6 "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info! I was considering the phone until hearing about the battery life. Topeka doesn't have 4G so I'm in no rush to give up my Droid yet. I guess they're putting the same 4G/3G hybrid chipset in all these phones since the battery life sucks in all of them.

Something else I'd like to share here and ask about, is I read the Engadget review of the Breakout and they mentioned focus up close doesn't really seem to work (plus the camera button isn't a 2-stage), which would ruin being able to use it for Google Shopper to scan barcodes. I learned that AF is absolutely necessary since I know someone with the Boost Prevail and you can't use that program at all.

The lack of barcode scanning isn't a deal breaker for me, but battery life is, plus if the focus isn't very good then picture taking will probably suck

Device(s)
    HTC Rezound
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Yeah the focusing could be better but the barcode scanning seems fine I just tested a couple barcodes and it worked great. The camera does have AF but but the the cameta button isn't two stage. You press the button it focuses (or its supposed to) then snaps the picture, focused or not. From my experiences more not focused then focused.

Sent from my ADR8995 using HowardForums

Device(s)
    HTC Rezound
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    here are a couple of pics i just took the first is the standard autofocus feature the second is a feature called spot focus. clearly the spot focus is sharper I don't know why the AF doesn't focus as well..

AF

SF

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Here's my review of the Pantech Breakout. Its not bad for $100 on contract, but the camera quality isn't that great.
    http://www.phonearena.com/reviews/Pa...-Review_id2844