Thread: Straight Talk CDMA phones in central Nebraska?

Feedback Score

Straight Talk CDMA phones in central Nebraska?

Is Straight Talk EVER going to upgrade their CDMA phones to anything even remotely close to what they offer on their GSM side?

What is offered in central Nebraska for phones are total pieces of outdated junk compared to what they have available in Omaha and Lincoln.

I got away from Straight Talk and went to Viaero pre-paid to get a better phone.

Bad, bad mistake. Their coverage is horrid, customer service is a joke. Their pre-paid service is so crippled compared to their post-paid as to be useless.

I was thinking about going back to Straight Talk or Net10, but both offer junk for phones out in central Nebraska.

So is it Qualcom's patents that are keeping American Movil from offering anything better or what?

Any info would be appreciated so I can make a choice whether to even keep a phone active anymore.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmthomas1987 View Post
    Is Straight Talk EVER going to upgrade their CDMA phones to anything even remotely close to what they offer on their GSM side?

What is offered in central Nebraska for phones are total pieces of outdated junk compared to what they have available in Omaha and Lincoln.

I got away from Straight Talk and went to Viaero pre-paid to get a better phone.

Bad, bad mistake. Their coverage is horrid, customer service is a joke. Their pre-paid service is so crippled compared to their post-paid as to be useless.

I was thinking about going back to Straight Talk or Net10, but both offer junk for phones out in central Nebraska.

So is it Qualcom's patents that are keeping American Movil from offering anything better or what?

Any info would be appreciated so I can make a choice whether to even keep a phone active anymore.
    You could look at the Threads mentioning the LG 511C. The phone`s release is way overdue by ST but is expected to be on Verizon service, maybe? Not a Smartphone, but close.

Phones
    Droid MAXX
    Droid MAXX
    Carrier
    Big Red
    Feedback Score
    Have you looked at us cellulars prepaid? They have androids from $40/mo but unfortunately the smart phones are on AT&T for st and their service stops around York. Viaero uses their frequency so unless AT&T buys them out your kinda stuck.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, I did actually look at US Cellular. was not impressed by their offerings.

I was hoping Straight Talk would get on the stick and bring their CDMA phones up to the level of their GSM phones.

Thanks for the advice. Guess I will just wait and see what they do in the coming months.

Feedback Score
    "Not a Smartphone, but close."

He he, yeah. T

That is what was said about my old Samsung R455C slider from Straight Talk. That is why I pitched it after about 10 months when it started rebooting on its own in the middle of a call, that or just shutting down for no reason.