Page 3 of 134 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL: Cheapest Refill Cards

Carrier(s)
    ST - Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by icon5585 View Post
    Can anyone verify this?
    New member and been lurking for a while and YES, it DOES work. We buy 3 refills a month and that's $112 in savings a year.

Device(s)
    myTouch 4G
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I use Fat Wallet to buy a 6790 before the SIM BYOD started. I was checking on my rebate and it took me to the Straight Talk Deals page. Below is a cut from that page.
    Name:  stdeal.jpg
Views: 2803
Size:  165.0 KB
    You can see the 100% success rate on the $45 plans. But at the bottom it has the Cash Back Terms & Conditions: Straight Talk
    Name:  stcond.jpg
Views: 2727
Size:  98.7 KB
    When I linked to the ST page a pop-up came up with a offer for 3 months for $125.99. With 15% off of that would be $107.09 for 3 months.
    Name:  stplans.jpg
Views: 3759
Size:  181.2 KB

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blueoval4ever View Post
    When I linked to the ST page a pop-up came up with a offer for 3 months for $125.99. With 15% off of that would be $107.09 for 3 months.
    Except that, since you're buying "purchase or renewal of minutes", you won't get anything back. But if you buy one of the free phones with a 30 day card, you'll get your $6.76 back. (And if you can sell the phone for even $15, you'll be paying less than $25 for the month. You can't do that more than a few times a year, though. May be better to wait for one of those "free phone and 3 months of service" deals.)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by W2PMX View Post
    Except that, since you're buying "purchase or renewal of minutes", you won't get anything back. But if you buy one of the free phones with a 30 day card, you'll get your $6.76 back. (And if you can sell the phone for even $15, you'll be paying less than $25 for the month. You can't do that more than a few times a year, though. May be better to wait for one of those "free phone and 3 months of service" deals.)
    Yup don't wanna waste your promos. Wait for the 3 month deals. I bagged 2 3 month deal each came with a free Nokia t401g. T401g go for around 40 bucks on eBay.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    Tmobile Post-Pay
    Feedback Score
    Where do the 3 month deals show up? And how often do they have them?
    “The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

― George Orwell

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by money69 View Post
    Where do the 3 month deals show up? And how often do they have them?
    Special promotions, the last time was the Christmas Holidays. Keep looking in all ST markets (AT&T/T-Mobile/Verizon/Sprint)

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Or save yourself a lot of work and look in 10001. It has all the carriers. (Any NYC zipcode should.)

Feedback Score
    Or save yourself a lot of work and look in 10001. It has all the carriers. (Any NYC zipcode should.)
    Good idea, thanks.

Carrier(s)
    Tmobile Post-Pay
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the tip, looked in 10001 and went under phones. I only see phones currently and no phone/3month refill combo. Ill keep an eye out though

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The next $99 may be Memorial Day. Or July 4th. Or whenever. It depends on how desperate they are to get rid of some old phones. But even if the phone isn't worth 5 cents, $33/month is still a good deal.

So when is someone writing an app that will notify the user as soon as a $99 deal is posted?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    The next $99 may be Memorial Day. Or July 4th. Or whenever. It depends on how desperate they are to get rid of some old phones. But even if the phone isn't worth 5 cents, $33/month is still a good deal.

So when is someone writing an app that will notify the user as soon as a $99 deal is posted?
    Its called Tapatalk / HowardForums app, which can notify you of replies to threads. No but seriously, you'll see at least a thread or two in here when the bundles show up again.
    Last time it did, I started a new thread for it and other people started another 4 threads after that. You won't miss it!

Save money on AT&T Prepaid (GoPhone)
    Join my Multi-Line Discount Group

$65 plan for $49.5, $45 plan for $31.5, $35 plan for $22.50

Feedback Score
    Best way to just get the monthly plan for $45 even is to just put a New Hampshire shipping address when you place the order on Walmart.com. They send the refill pin via the email anyway and if you really want, you can go into your online account later and change the address to whatever you prefer.
    It doesn't really matter though and is 100% legit, prepaid cannot enforce sales tax on anyone - think about it!
    You can purchase the refills in any state you want and use the phone in any state you want. The account could be tied to a fake name or whatever since there is no social / date of birth needed for credit check.
    No one can/should enforce sales tax on these refills considering every prepaid source for a monthly plan is obtainable online without any tax: Verizon, AT&T, Virgin Mobile, Boost, Metro PCS, Page Plus, T-Mobile, Simple Mobile, Red Pocket, H2O, Net10.
    If it's perfectly allowed to be sold without any taxes for all of these online (including discounts offered), why should Straight Talk be any different?

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    For those who were asking a week or two ago, the Oregon address is working great. You just add an additional address to your profile (I used Google maps to find a house and copied the address) and have it shipped to that address. I ordered the 3 month card. I did get a confirmation phone call from Walmart.com confirming tha I did in fact place the order, and then got the pin via email within 10 minutes. Love saving money!

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyNY View Post
    Best way to just get the monthly plan for $45 even is to just put a New Hampshire shipping address when you place the order on Walmart.com. They send the refill pin via the email anyway and if you really want, you can go into your online account later and change the address to whatever you prefer.
    It doesn't really matter though and is 100% legit, prepaid cannot enforce sales tax on anyone - think about it!
    You can purchase the refills in any state you want and use the phone in any state you want. The account could be tied to a fake name or whatever since there is no social / date of birth needed for credit check.
    No one can/should enforce sales tax on these refills considering every prepaid source for a monthly plan is obtainable online without any tax: Verizon, AT&T, Virgin Mobile, Boost, Metro PCS, Page Plus, T-Mobile, Simple Mobile, Red Pocket, H2O, Net10.
    If it's perfectly allowed to be sold without any taxes for all of these online (including discounts offered), why should Straight Talk be any different?
    Because those other carriers include all applicable taxes in their rate already. Where it seems ST does not include local city/state sales tax.

Question, does Walmart also charge sales when refills for those other carriers are bought from them? Interesting is NET10 = ST..
    Last edited by clockcycle; 03-08-2012 at 11:27 AM.

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by maestroteague View Post
    For those who were asking a week or two ago, the Oregon address is working great. You just add an additional address to your profile (I used Google maps to find a house and copied the address) and have it shipped to that address. I ordered the 3 month card. I did get a confirmation phone call from Walmart.com confirming tha I did in fact place the order, and then got the pin via email within 10 minutes. Love saving money!
    Tax *cough* evasion. To each their own, I am not judging you. I would recommend caution, especially posting about it on a public forum. Remember that famous guy, Al Capone, they couldn't get him for killing people, but they went after him for taxes.

Page 3 of 134 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 53 103 ... LastLast