Page 4 of 134 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL: Cheapest Refill Cards

Device(s)
    Nokai Lumia 920
    Carrier(s)
    H2O Wireless
    Feedback Score
    How do you guys get past the your home address as it appears on your Credit card when you use a different one via Walmart? If I do that with other vendors I get called on it or the item gets delayed.

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clockcycle View Post
    Tax *cough* evasion. To each their own, I am not judging you. I would recommend caution, especially posting about it on a public forum. Remember that famous guy, Al Capone, they couldn't get him for killing people, but they went after him for taxes.
    Not sure how many IRS agents frequent Howard forums but who knows. They may have bigger fish to fry!

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bpaulson View Post
    Not sure how many IRS agents frequent Howard forums but who knows. They may have bigger fish to fry!
    I am sure there are bigger fish to fry. But I am also sure there are triggers that alert them, they need not lurk on Hofo to know. Privacy is not as private as you think. In the US they monitor the internet/emails etc.

I was just thinking about this, as on the news yesterday there was a guy arrested for posting on his "private" facebook page, a picture of some video game guy with a gas mask and two dead cops on the floor. And he commented it with something like "a sweetwater cop must die". They got him with, threatening a public employee..

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

Walmart also collect tax for NET10

Walmart charges tax for NET10, but it did not for Virgin Mobile. So my guess is local sales tax not included in their not so flat rate.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by neftv View Post
    How do you guys get past the your home address as it appears on your Credit card when you use a different one via Walmart? If I do that with other vendors I get called on it or the item gets delayed.
    Request gift wrapping???

Carrier(s)
    ST
    Feedback Score
    So does shopathome.com still give the 15% rebate on ST refill card? Thanks.

Carrier(s)
    ST
    Feedback Score
    FYI. Walmart does not charge sale Tax on ST $45 refill card in store in CA. I personally bought one last week and no tax.
    Have not tried online order yet, but I assume there will be no sale tax either for CA.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clockcycle View Post
    Tax *cough* evasion. To each their own, I am not judging you. I would recommend caution, especially posting about it on a public forum. Remember that famous guy, Al Capone, they couldn't get him for killing people, but they went after him for taxes.
    Well, this may be the case, but the truth is that it is no more tax evasion than when I bought my Virgin refill cards on callingmart and didn't pay tax, and subsequently did not fill out a form with my state in order to report the purchase and submit the appropriate sales tax to my state. Legally, I do not believe that there is any differentiation between the two, although I suppose one could argue forethought and more intentionality with adding an Oregon address. But both are equally illegal.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by marlboroman749s View Post
    So does shopathome.com still give the 15% rebate on ST refill card? Thanks.
    Airtime refills have always been excluded from cashback at all sites. It is available with any bundle order. There is an undisclosed limit on the number of anything they will sell you before they start having a problem with authorizing your credit card.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    FYI. Walmart does not charge sale Tax on ST $45 refill card in store in CA. I personally bought one last week and no tax.
    Have not tried online order yet, but I assume there will be no sale tax either for CA.
    Yup, this is 100% the case. Theres no tax on prepaid refills in CA.

Save money on AT&T Prepaid (GoPhone)
    Join my Multi-Line Discount Group

$65 plan for $49.5, $45 plan for $31.5, $35 plan for $22.50

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by maestroteague View Post
    Well, this may be the case, but the truth is that it is no more tax evasion than when I bought my Virgin refill cards on callingmart and didn't pay tax, and subsequently did not fill out a form with my state in order to report the purchase and submit the appropriate sales tax to my state. Legally, I do not believe that there is any differentiation between the two, although I suppose one could argue forethought and more intentionality with adding an Oregon address. But both are equally illegal.
    Don't forget that California or New Hampshire zip codes also work.
    And this talk of tax evasion is all complete nonsense!
    You can just say that you were on vacation in New Hampshire when placing that order as it asked you for "shipping" address not "billing" address.
    Shipping address doesn't necessarily have to be you reside in that state, besides if you were on vacation in New Hampshire buying a Straight Talk card from Walmart would you be charged tax?
    No tax agent would go after anyone for $40 a year and if they did - they would have to prove that it's the person on the credit card that actually used the prepaid phone as Shipping and Billing address don't have to match. It's impossible for them to enforce strict collection of taxes online, whereas in a retail environment it's straight forward as it's based on where the purchase is made.

Feedback Score

The same in Las Vegas, Nevada. I asked the clerk in the electronics dept. and he said none of the prepaid cards are taxable. That may be localized though, Counties have the ability to add their own local sales taxes, but they are typically less than one percent of purchase price.

Carrier(s)
    ST
    Feedback Score
    What's interesting is I got charged sale tax on the sim from ST website. They don't even have a store front in CA. Go figure.

Feedback Score
    What's interesting is I got charged sale tax on the sim from ST website. They don't even have a store front in CA. Go figure.
    The sim is a physical good and not a service so there definitely should be tax on that, it isn't much though.
    You won't be paying taxes on your service because you live in California and if you didn't live in California, you can say you live there, who cares!?
    I hope Straight Talk will realize this and just drop the taxes just like EVERY single prepaid currently offered (Even Net10 which is owned by same company as ST).

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyNY View Post
    The sim is a physical good and not a service so there definitely should be tax on that, it isn't much though.
    You won't be paying taxes on your service because you live in California and if you didn't live in California, you can say you live there, who cares!?
    I hope Straight Talk will realize this and just drop the taxes just like EVERY single prepaid currently offered (Even Net10 which is owned by same company as ST).
    Those taxes/fees could be extra profit for ST. Locally you can buy a weekday newspaper for 50 cents (includes all necessary taxes), some businesses actually charge tax on the 50 cents.

Page 4 of 134 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 54 104 ... LastLast