Page 67 of 115 FirstFirst ... 17 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1725

Thread: OFFICIAL: Cheapest Refill Cards

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperValue View Post
    Just to help you guys debating this clarify, I have this to add.

The SMS I got immediately from ST when the seller put the 3 months in says this (cut and pasted from MightyText):

So it looks like it does not go into reserve.

Also, I got a PM directly from a CS rep. Its still not too clear for me.

I'll probably have a more definitive answer soon. My old end date was the 10th of each month.
    That is the Reserve. The end date is every thirty days. Because the months are not exactly thirty days, the end date will not always be on the same calendar date each month. For example, September 8 to December 8 is ninety-one days but August 8 to November 8 is ninety-two days. In each of those cases, your end date would be moved back from the date you applied the service card. The only three month periods which are exactly ninety days from the same date is between December and March and between January and April in a non-leap year. So thirty-one plus thirty-one plus twenty-eight equals ninety. There are no three thirty day months in sequence in the calendar. If they applied the refill to the current service period, you would have been cheated out of time for which you had already paid. Any time not applied to the current service period goes into the reserve regardless of how it shows up in your account.

(2) Straight Talk Service Plan Cards: Straight Talk Service Plan Cards are available at Wal-Mart stores and online at straighttalk.com and walmart.com. You may be charged applicable taxes and fees at the time of purchase in certain areas. Each Straight Talk Service Plan or Service Card comes with a specified amount of Service (minutes, texts, data and Service days) as disclosed with each Service Plan and on each Service Card. Service begins on the day you add the Services to your Straight Talk phone. Once your service is active with an Unlimited Service Plan or Card, all subsequent Unlimited Service Plans or Cards you redeem will be placed in your Straight Talk Reserve and will be automatically applied to your phone on your Service End Date. Service Cards do not expire except as specifically permitted by law.
    Last edited by efparri; 10-10-2013 at 04:30 AM.
    Earl F. Parrish

Feedback Score
    I am wondering if you get any kind of buyers protection with the ST refills on ebay.

I know the classified ebay ad on page 66 states you do not get ebay protection, but would you still get paypal protection?

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    An excerpt from the PayPal Terms and Conditions:

13.3 What type of payments are eligible for re-imbursement under PayPal Buyer Protection?
    a.
    PayPal Buyer Protection only applies to PayPal payments for certain tangible, physical goods. Payments for the following are not eligible for re-imbursement under PayPal Buyer Protection:
    i.
    intangible items

ii.
    services

iii.
    real estate (including, without limitation, residential property)

iv.
    businesses

v.
    vehicles (including, without limitation, motor vehicles, motorcycles, caravans, aircraft and boats),

vi.
    custom made items

vii.
    travel tickets (including, without limitation, airline flight tickets)

viii.
    items prohibited by the PayPal Acceptable Use Policy

ix.
    items that violate eBay’s Prohibited or Restricted Items Policy

x.
    licences

xi.
    access to digital content

xii.
    industrial machinery used in manufacturing

xiii.
    items equivalent to cash (including, without limitation, gift cards)

xiv.
    Items purchased using Zong, Website Payments Pro or Virtual Terminal

xv.

Personal Transaction payments
    Since no physical object is delivered to the purchaser, eBay refills do not qualify for the PayPal Buyer Protection. The actual service cards probably count as gift cards, which do not qualify either.
    Last edited by efparri; 10-10-2013 at 05:33 AM.

Phone
    htc desire z a7275
    Carrier
    Straight talk
    Feedback Score
    The seller KMN Media LLC (bidnanza) refunded my 6 month purchase, so it appears this is no longer working

Quote Originally Posted by larryoham12 View Post
    Ordered 6 month refill from bidnanza for $200. Has a company name of KMN Media LLC. Has really good feedback and several other items listed. Been 5 1/2 hours and nothing yet. I sent email and received reply they refill in morning and evening. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Straight-Tal...item3f26da5e9d

Edit update: My phone was topped up last night shortly after I posted the above comment. Works out to about $33.33 per month.

Feedback Score
    So normally back when I did month to month autofill, I'd get this:

FREE MSG: Thank you for ur payment. Your credit card was charged 48.92. Your next Service End Date is: 10/10/13
    Sep 12 3:17 pm
    I like how they spelled "ur" instead of "your" btw

I bought 2 refills in total: a 3 month refill Sept 26 and decided for another 3 months again Oct 3, both from the same ebay seller. So normally, I'd get the above text by now and I haven't yet. So I guess the mystery of when the data cap is reset is still alive. My phone is a Note 2 with JB 4.1.2 stock with the data usage counter. So for now I guess I'm going to stay with with a Data usage cycle of the 11th of the current month until the 10th.

Carrier
    Ting
    Feedback Score
    STOP INSULTING PEOPLE

ATTN:

efparri
    ChazzMatt

Personal attacks and insults are not permitted here. Posting such messages violates Howard Forums rules.

Ordinarily, I will simply edit messages that contain insults to remove them. However, you both have been warned repeatedly on this subject and you know better, and so I have removed every message that you posted that contains an insult of another user. You're welcome to try again without the insults.

However, the next time that either of you post an insulting message in any of my forums, I will be requesting a lengthy ban.

Thank you to everyone who did not respond to the insults.

You are a valuable member of HowardForums, and you make many positive contributions to the Forums. I want you to keep posting. However, Please do not include personal attacks or insults in future messages.

Moderator decisions are NOT open to public debate, so please do not respond publicly to this message. If you wish to discuss this matter further, please send me a PM.

Repeated violation of the Howard Forums Rules (particularly after you receive this warning) may lead to temporary or permanent bans from Howard Forums.
    Questions?? Read the FAQs: The Prepaid FAQ . The Straight Talk FAQ
    Disagree with someone? Be Nice!
    Report posts that violate the rules by clicking the dark triangle at the bottom, left of the post.

I have blocked some Hofo users and so I don't see and won't respond to messages from them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by efparri View Post
    An excerpt from the PayPal Terms and Conditions:
    13.3 What type of payments are eligible for re-imbursement under PayPal Buyer Protection?
    a.
    PayPal Buyer Protection only applies to PayPal payments for certain tangible, physical goods. Payments for the following are not eligible for re-imbursement under PayPal Buyer Protection:
    i.
    intangible items

ii.
    services

iii.
    real estate (including, without limitation, residential property)

iv.
    businesses

v.
    vehicles (including, without limitation, motor vehicles, motorcycles, caravans, aircraft and boats),

vi.
    custom made items

vii.
    travel tickets (including, without limitation, airline flight tickets)

viii.
    items prohibited by the PayPal Acceptable Use Policy

ix.
    items that violate eBay’s Prohibited or Restricted Items Policy

x.
    licences

xi.
    access to digital content

xii.
    industrial machinery used in manufacturing

xiii.
    items equivalent to cash (including, without limitation, gift cards)

xiv.
    Items purchased using Zong, Website Payments Pro or Virtual Terminal

xv.

Personal Transaction payments
    Since no physical object is delivered to the purchaser, eBay refills do not qualify for the PayPal Buyer Protection. The actual service cards probably count as gift cards, which do not qualify either.
    I just want to interject here, that regardless of what the terms and conditions say, earlier this year I ordered an unlock code that I did not receive, and after opening a dispute with paypal, and with no response from the seller, Paypal reimbursed me the full amount of my payment and stated in their email that the seller would have his paypal priveliges revoked.

Note: I did not order it from ebay.

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    You got your money back because the seller did not cooperate in PayPal's investigation. If the seller had claimed that he sent you the unlock code, you would have been out of luck.

Note: I inadvertently click on a link for PayPal in the United Kingdom in my reply above.

Here are the ineligible transactions for PayPal in the United States:
    13.3 Ineligible Items. PayPal Purchase Protection only applies to PayPal payments for certain tangible, physical goods. Payments for the following are not eligible for reimbursement under PayPal Purchase Protection:
    •Intangible items, including Digital Goods
    •Services
    •Real estate, including residential property
    •Businesses
    •Vehicles, including motor vehicles, motorcycles, caravans, aircraft and boats
    •Custom-made items
    •Travel tickets, including airline flight tickets
    •Items prohibited by the PayPal Acceptable Use Policy
    •Items which you collect in person or arrange to be collected on your behalf, including items bought through In-Store Checkout at the retail point of sale
    •Items that violate eBay’s Prohibited or Restricted Items Policy
    •Industrial machinery used in manufacturing
    •Items equivalent to cash, including prepaid or gift cards
    •PayPal Direct Payments
    •Virtual Terminal Payments
    •Personal Payments

Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by efparri View Post
    You got your money back because the seller did not cooperate in PayPal's investigation. If the seller had claimed that he sent you the unlock code, you would have been out of luck.
    Good point. Maybe that's what happened to me ?

I got a 3 month from a China seller, here today, gone tomorrow.....it was on EHGate.

I didn't listen to you guys and was a few days from being out. It was before this last blast of pins popping up.

I appealed and got a refund but I'm not going to go that route again. It took a few weeks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by IS300GTE View Post
    The seller KMN Media LLC (bidnanza) refunded my 6 month purchase, so it appears this is no longer working
    I placed an order more than a day ago for a 30 day refill from this seller. No refill yet - I guess this might explain it. Too bad as the price was right.

Sent with the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    Contact the seller to get the pin and straight talk will adjust it for you. They must be cracking down because I had the same problem with gamekeyplanet seller.
    Last edited by christopherg; 10-12-2013 at 07:42 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by usulsuspct View Post
    I placed an order more than a day ago for a 30 day refill from this seller. No refill yet - I guess this might explain it. Too bad as the price was right.

Sent with the HoFo App
    They filled my order with no issue. 90 days.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky736 View Post
    They filled my order with no issue. 90 days.
    I sent the seller an email who indicated the refill was coming 40 hours from purchase - still waiting.

** about 48 hours later - just got my 30 day reserve added **

Sent with the HoFo App
    Last edited by usulsuspct; 10-12-2013 at 08:06 PM.

Carriers
    AT&T GoPhone $45 Walmart Plan
    Feedback Score
    so bidnanza or gamekeyplanet??? the $2.66 difference (90days) isn't a big deal. just trying to find out who's reliable currently. kindly chime in. thanks in advance!

my service expires exactly next month. i was able to get the 6 mos price of $144.49 back in may. mann, that was a real steal! people were even skeptical about it.

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    You said it! Somebody stole something somewhere. When there are only three sources of service cards and neither offers discount of that magnitude, something is fishy.

Page 67 of 115 FirstFirst ... 17 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... LastLast