Thread: Can i use iphone or android phone for ST 30 dollars plan?

Feedback Score

Can i use iphone or android phone for ST 30 dollars plan?

Hello people..
    This is my first day and first post in this forum..
    I want to switch to ST so bad...but i have one question...
    Iwanna use iphone or android smartphone....i know i can do it by buying e71 and use that sim to cracked phone.....but point is i dont wanna use data....i just wanna talk and wanna use smartphone... E71 is only avalable for 45 dollar plan.... So my question is that..

Can i use iphone or android on 30 dollar plan ??? Please help...!!

Carrier
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    NO.

If you just want talk and text, go look at H20 Wireless.
    Verizon 4G LTE----------------------------------AT&T 4G LTE

FreedomPop 4G WiMax

Feedback Score
    But there is got to be a way to do it... Is every ST phone is experimented on this?? I dont know anyone around me who has 30 dollar plan... Otherwise i would check it...
    I just dont wanna pay extra 15 bucks when i have wifi everywhere i go !!

Phones
    Lg G2X (Me)
    Samsung Flight -Girlfriend
    Nokia 2720 - Mom
    Carriers
    T-Mobile Monthly
    T-Mobile FlexPay
    Feedback Score
    No, there is not. The smartphones are the olny Straight Talk phones that have SIM cards that can be used in other phones and they REQUIRE the $45 unlimited plan . All other phones can use the $30 plan, but the SIM cards are locked to those phones.
    T-Mobile’s new marketing campaign for Vermont and Western New Hampshire:
    “Try T-Mobile’s blazingly fast GPRS data network. We’re faster than iDEN and TDMA combined!”

Feedback Score
    Ohh ok....thank you very much for your help guys....i guess i will go for the 45 dollar plan...

I love this forums !!!

Carriers
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Actually, I have a Fascinate flashed to ST and it will work on the 30.00 plan. But, I'm not sure why you would want to, unless you are on WiFi all the time. An Android phone will use up 30MB of data in one day in some cases.
    PLEASE, don't PM me with questions that could and should be answered in the open forum. Then everyone can benefit from the answer, and you will get more than "one" opinion... Thanks.

Carrier
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GM1 View Post
    Actually, I have a Fascinate flashed to ST and it will work on the 30.00 plan. But, I'm not sure why you would want to, unless you are on WiFi all the time. An Android phone will use up 30MB of data in one day in some cases.
    That requires an ESN modification, which may be illegal...

Sent from my Inspire 4G

Carrier
    AT&T Gophone
    Feedback Score
    Why don't you just use page plus? You get 1200 mins, 3000 texts, and a 100mb of data. Plus it's legal. And it's all on Verizon for $30.

Carriers
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I bought this phone off the net. I didn't have any trouble with it while I used it. But, I wasn't a data hog either. I used it a couple of months, but decided to go with something different. That's the beauty of not being tied into a contract, you can change your mind on phone's and service at will....

Feedback Score
    Yes, i have wifi all the time with me 24 hours !!! Please let me know how can i do this ??

Feedback Score
    I bought this phone off the net. I didn't have any trouble with it while I used it. But, I wasn't a data hog either. I used it a couple of months, but decided to go with something different. That's the beauty of not being tied into a contract, you can change your mind on phone's and service at will....
    Yup yup yup. The worst part is being free to roam providers means paying up front for the phone which can get expensive if you experiment to much, even if you are buying inexpensive phones.
    I have been contract free almost a year and love it. I have also paid out around 700 in that time for three phones. I probably could have saved some of that if I were under contract.

Also you can find multiple services on the cheap for the cost of 1 contract phone/service and if a provider goes down you still have phone service.
    If you only have one phone and it goes down, you are out of luck.

ST to IPhone http://goo.gl/bYd8e
    ST to Android http://goo.gl/Xael3
    ST to Windows Phone http://goo.gl/MMuZH
    Tracfone CS at 800-876-5753 or 800-626-4883
    Phone Number for Google Customer Service. 18558363987

Carriers
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidPhoneFan View Post
    Yup yup yup. The worst part is being free to roam providers means paying up front for the phone which can get expensive if you experiment to much, even if you are buying inexpensive phones.
    I have been contract free almost a year and love it. I have also paid out around 700 in that time for three phones. I probably could have saved some of that if I were under contract.

Also you can find multiple services on the cheap for the cost of 1 contract phone/service and if a provider goes down you still have phone service.
    If you only have one phone and it goes down, you are out of luck.
    I've spent quite a bit on phones myself in the last 10 months or so that I've been paroled from contracts. But, once I decide to go another direction, I just sell the phone I was using on craigslist. It has actually worked out that I have spent very little on phones being that I usually at least get my money back for the phones, and in some cases, I've actually got more than I paid for them. I buy them on CL and when I'm ready for a change, I look till I find what I'm looking for on CL and buy it then sell the other one. In some cases, you can work out trades too. That's how I got my Atrix. Bottom line, I'm probably ahead on actual money out of pocket on phones.

Feedback Score
    Just wondering if anyone knows how to transfer a Sprint system Samsung Intrepid phone to straight talk... I already unlocked the phone, but cannot get it to work. I installed my Straight Talk SIM card into the phone and it comes up CDMA Only. And I know that I need it to be on GSM. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Carrier
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sfguess647 View Post
    Just wondering if anyone knows how to transfer a Sprint system Samsung Intrepid phone to straight talk... I already unlocked the phone, but cannot get it to work. I installed my Straight Talk SIM card into the phone and it comes up CDMA Only. And I know that I need it to be on GSM. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    It wont work.

Sent from my Inspire 4G

Feedback Score
    I've spent quite a bit on phones myself in the last 10 months or so that I've been paroled from contracts. But, once I decide to go another direction, I just sell the phone I was using on craigslist. It has actually worked out that I have spent very little on phones being that I usually at least get my money back for the phones, and in some cases, I've actually got more than I paid for them. I buy them on CL and when I'm ready for a change, I look till I find what I'm looking for on CL and buy it then sell the other one. In some cases, you can work out trades too. That's how I got my Atrix. Bottom line, I'm probably ahead on actual money out of pocket on phones.
    Well with that in mind.....................I was out 100 between the Intercept and the Optimus V. I sold the OV at cost for the MT. So if you look at it that way I only spent about 400.00
    Still trying to sell the MT. Thought I had a buyer but that person seems to have taken a hiatus from the forum. So I guess it is not sold.
    I have taken a lesson form many of the members here and decided that all the phones I get in the future will come from BestBuy, that way I can take them back for a refund and not get jerked around like I did this last time.