Thread: LG Prestige AN510 vs LG Samba 8575

Feedback Score

LG Prestige AN510 vs LG Samba 8575

After signing up with Page Plus and it's coverage not working out for me in rural south central Kansas even though it's coverage maps say it should I'm moving on because I need reliable coverage. I have been using Sprint with no issues but was trying to find something a bit cheaper so I haven't ruled out staying with them.

We have a regional carrier in my area called Pioneer Wireless that I'm thinking about trying out they have towers everywhere in every area I would be in but you are limited in phone choices. I just need a phone that has good reception, clarity, a loud ringer and durable I like all the techy features you get in a smartphone but can't afford the data plan.

Their best non-smartphones is a LG Prestige AN510 but I can only find limited info no reviews https://www.wirelesspioneer.com/New/...id1=440&pidn=2 and a LG Samba which there are a few reviews... I posted this in the LG forum but got no responses.

The LG Prestige looks very similar to the LG Banter touch of which there are some user reviews do companies like LG make the same phone for different carries but just put a different name on them?

Would either the LG Prestige or LG Samba be a decent phone and if so which is better? If neither is good then I may need to stay with Sprint.

The Prestige is a slider so can you buy really good cases for a slider I'm not talking about a $5 case but something that would really protect it?

Both phones are pretty small and it's hard to tell about build quality but certainly not built like my broken Motorola Renegade so I think a good case needs to be a priority if buying either one.

Feedback Score
    Since posting I've come to realize a manufacturer like LG makes the same phone for different carriers but gives them a different name so let me approach this a different way.

The LG Prestige I found out is similar to a LG Rumor Touch/Banter Touch but physically looks closer to the Banter.

So would the Rumor Touch, Banter Touch, and Prestige all have the same identical software and internal hardware?

Since the Rumor Touch gets so, so reviews with certain issues like fragile screen, touch screen hard to use, sends duplicate texts, etc. can I expect to have the same problems with say a Prestige or Banter? Or would a manufacturer see these problems and correct them when issuing similar phones?

Phones
    SGH-T889V Galaxy Note II
    Previous phones: SCH-n370, SCH-m510, SGH-T746 Impact, GT-S5660M Galaxy Gio, GT-I9020A Nexus S
    Carriers
    Koodo
    Bell Mobility and Virgin Mobile Canada (previous)
    Feedback Score
    Identical hardware and firmware: quite possible, especially if you're talking about the same radio type (UMTS vs CDMA).

Sometimes a manufacturer might make a hardware revision to solve issues and not change the model or stock numbers, but its always hard to tell.

If you like your Sprint phone and Pioneer allows it, you could activate it on their network, since both are CDMA carriers.

No guarantees since a number of settings would need to be reprogrammed (such as the PRL - Preferred Roaming List) and larger networks typically don't bother, but a smaller company might.

You'd be surprised at how good some of those "cheap" cases found online can be. There tends to be higher markups on those when you buy them in-store.

Good luck,

Louis

Feedback Score
    Thanks LouisR if I stay with Sprint my options are to stay with my repaired Motorola Renegade or buy a new LG Rumor Touch, if I try Pioneer then my best option is to try the LG Prestige (LG Banter Touch). I think I'm leaning toward upgrading to a newer phone kind of tired of my Renegade.

Do you think the LG Rumor/Banter/Prestige Touch is a decent phone?

If I try one of the above phones I'm kind of looking at the Body Glove cases bought online.

Feedback Score

Pioneer Enid cellular

actually Pioneer partners with Sprint in South Central Kansas thus it's called Pioneer Sprint so your Sprint phone would work on Pioneer Cellular I am on Pioneer and very satisfied!!