US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by iamaven View Post
    I was able to root with the Photon one click root

Download and install the drivers from motorola
    http://www.motorola.com/Support/US-E...arging-Drivers

Then download the one-click root
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1217416

Failed the first time for me, but I think that was because I wasn't using the most updated drivers from Motorola's site. After I installed the drivers from Motorola it went through without an issue.

Unfortunately the site where the file comes from is broken this morning

http://www.forums.acsyndicate.net/sh...0288#post10288

But for your download pleasure, I give you the final resting location of the one click root that the downed page links to

http://www.holyliving****.com/ACS/st...ton-4G-OCR.zip

The above URL will need to be edited by you manually to replace the asterisks with the worlds most popular four letter f word or you can just use this workaround shortcut http://tinyurl.com/3tyggtt
    Has this method been confirmed to work with the Electrify?

Phone
    Motorola Electrify
    Carrier
    USCC
    Feedback Score
    I tested it on mine and it worked. They are essentially twins.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S IV 16 GB Black
    Carrier
    U.S. Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Did this give you permanent root??

Sent from my SCH-I500 using HowardForums

Phone
    Nexus 5
    Carriers
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Picked mine up on Friday at a 3rd-party dealer. No corporate stores had it yet around my neck of the woods. Here's my first impressions:

Better than my old Desire:

1) IMO, the screen is gorgeous. Everyone I've shown it to tells me it looks "fake", like it's a dummy phone. It's that good. Yes, this is a pentile display, and people down that, but the only way I notice it is if I hold it 3-4 inches away from my eyes. Heck, from that distance I can see the individual pixels on my old Desire SLCD as well.

Also, the pentile design is supposedly more energy-efficient as it adds a "white" sub-pixel to the usual RGB mix, which allows more light to pass through the LCD, in turn allowing the backlight to use less power for a given amount of screen brightness.

2) TONS of space for apps. I am an app junkie. I installed everything I had on my rooted/modded Desire (CM7 + apps2sd + dalvik cache on sd = phone that runs like a dying sloth) and still have 2.4GB free on app partition. Sweet! You also have the option to store apps on the "media" partition which clocks in at another 9GB. Haven't messed with that yet, as there's no need.

3) Battery life is phenomenal compared to stock Desire, and I haven't really broken it in yet. My only gripe about this is the "automatic brightness" setting doesn't turn the backlight down to its lowest level EVER--even in complete darkness--producing unnecessary eye-strain and wasting valuable charge. I looked briefly for a min/max adjustment setting, but didn't see one. CM7 had this adjustment feature.

4) Reception is second to none; classic motorola.

Why it might be going back:

This phone corrupts downloads intermittently. While I was redownloading all of my Market apps, I frequently encountered "not a valid package" errors about 25-30% of the time. Redownloading a second time, they always installed correctly. This happens on 3G and wifi for me. I've never seen an Android phone do this before, and I've owned or played with several.

It goes something like this: the download progress bar would jump forward to, say, 30%, instantly drop back to 22%, then jump to 45%, drop back to 37%, and so on until the download completes. Then after finally hitting 100%, I get a "not a valid package" error (or something to that effect; I don't remember the exact wording) and I'd have to redownload it to get it to install.

Today I noticed that Google Music shows signs of this issue as well. While streaming music in my car, the first song in an album would play fine. Now, for you GM users out there, you know how the next song begins buffering before the song you're listening to is done playing? In order to minimize the gaps between tracks?

On this phone, one of two things will happen at the end of that first track: it will either play the same song all over again (no, repeat is not turned on, I double-checked), or it will skip to a random part of the song and play 10-20 seconds of it, THEN start playing the next song. Very weird... I looked at the display while this was happening, and the progress bar is completely green and the current time is actually greater than the total song time (i.e. a 3 minute song will show that it's now playing 3:21 and counting).

So I'm thinking, is it a bug in google music? Possibly, after all it's still in beta. But between the market download corruption issues and now the GM weirdness, I'm thinking it's either a bug in the phone's radio firmware, or I was (un)lucky enough to get a bad device.

So I turn it over to you, HoFo. Has anyone else experienced similar issues?

I'm holding off on rooting it for now just in case I need to exchange it.

Phone
    Motorola Electrify
    Carrier
    USCC
    Feedback Score
    Yes, I have permanent root access

No, I have not seen any corrupt downloads and I have pulled over 24o MB in the past 24 hours without issue

Feedback Score
    Got mine today and I must say I am impressed. Coming from the Desire as well, (rooted, CM7, etc..) and this phone definitely makes up in the places the Desire was lacking; battery life/storage space. The display is beautiful and I have no complaints. I also experienced a few "package not valid" or something like that when downloading from the marketplace so you may not be the only one. I've installed a dozen or so apps and have had it only happen once. Reading your post makes me nervous but hopefully this is a bug that can be easily fixed after the phone has had some time to be *tweaked. Those worried about making the jump to this phone shouldn't be. It is deifnitely a flagship phone for USCC.

Phone
    Carrier
    U.S. Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by iamaven View Post
    Yes, I have permanent root access

No, I have not seen any corrupt downloads and I have pulled over 24o MB in the past 24 hours without issue
    One thing I need the ability to do is unroot and restore back to stock... If I knew there was a way to do that I'd buy this today haha... I've read that you should be able to unroot via a terminal emulator, I would think, but idk I'm hesitant to make the jump until someone tries it lol

Either that or need a stock image file

Phones
    Samsung Mesmerize
    Samsung Mesmerize
    HTC Desire
    Carrier
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MooreC1 View Post
    One thing I need the ability to do is unroot and restore back to stock... If I knew there was a way to do that I'd buy this today haha... I've read that you should be able to unroot via a terminal emulator, I would think, but idk I'm hesitant to make the jump until someone tries it lol

Either that or need a stock image file
    Exactly. I'm gonna need a odin file or something in case I have to send this back in. I wanna have the restore file saved on my computer like I did the mesmerize in case stuff happens.

Phone
    Motorola Electrify!
    Carrier
    USCC
    Feedback Score
    Somebody please give me a good reason to get this phone now instead of waiting for A: 4G (I'm in the initial roll out area) and B: seeing what other phones or specials may be coming towards the end of the year. I'm eligible to upgrade my Desire now and this phone looks like it will do everything I want it to do and more....

Phone
    HTC Desire
    Carrier
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I do believe I am going back to play with this in store AGAIN today. I hate worrying about buyer's remorse...but I am soooo tired of this Desire it's killing me!

Carrier
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Mine will be here tomorrow. I order from telesales because I'm a big baby and I like getting a sealed box and knowing that I'm the first one to play with it. There's plenty of storage on this phone and someone else said that you can remove the stock USCC apps, so what are the benefits of rooting? Is it just to install custom roms? Just wondering...I rooted my Desire to help get apps moved to the sd card, but I don't know if I'll need or want to mess with rooting this one if I don't need to.

Sent from my HTC Desire using HowardForums

Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Just wondering if anyone knows if the sim slot is unlocked on this phone ? My work phone is AT&T and I have us cell, would be great if my AT&T sim would work like it did on my touch pro 2. If anyone has a way to check and report back that would be much appreciated...

Phone
    Carrier
    U.S. Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rj_22 View Post
    Exactly. I'm gonna need a odin file or something in case I have to send this back in. I wanna have the restore file saved on my computer like I did the mesmerize in case stuff happens.
    Sadly, I don't think it'll happen. I've talked to several devs that say there will probably be little or no support because they all think the phone is garbage.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using HowardForums

Phone
    HTC Desire
    Carrier
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Went and playing with it in store for another hour or so, and now I am even more undecided than I was before! I did notice the screen issues once I started looking for them. Of course, as I sit here debating back and forth, the "low on space" icon is looming in the corner of my Desire screen....

Phone
    Motorola Electrify
    Carrier
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    When did you order from telesales? How long did it take to get it?

Quote Originally Posted by JustRick View Post
    Mine will be here tomorrow. I order from telesales because I'm a big baby and I like getting a sealed box and knowing that I'm the first one to play with it. There's plenty of storage on this phone and someone else said that you can remove the stock USCC apps, so what are the benefits of rooting? Is it just to install custom roms? Just wondering...I rooted my Desire to help get apps moved to the sd card, but I don't know if I'll need or want to mess with rooting this one if I don't need to.

Sent from my HTC Desire using HowardForums

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast