Thread: Motorola EX124G and widgets on home page

Feedback Score

Motorola EX124G and widgets on home page

I can get the widgets to appear on the home screen, but not launch from there. Any solution to this?

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    zafdor,
    Which widget are you inquiring about? Each one is a little different.

Feedback Score
    I tried both the notepad and the calander.

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    zafdor,
    The calendar doesn't open the calendar, it just displays the current month's calendar. Useful but not really a widget, more of just a calendar display.
    To open the MEMO widget tap the "+" on the lower right then you can create or edit your current memo, but here's the disappointing kicker, it's only one SHORT memo that's probably why they don't call it Notepad! There is nowhere on this stupid phone to create multiple notes like every other phone I've had, I've looked, now I'm trying to find some app just so I can have a basic Notepad with multiple notes on my phone. Hope some of that helps.

Feedback Score
    Tx Bobby Lee, I now have it working as designed, which as you pointed out is pretty useless. You seem pretty knowledgable on this phone, do you know if it is possible to reassign the main icons on the bottom from what tracfone provides? I would love to swap the tf brower with Opera there, I've lost track how many times tf dinged me for 0.5 units due to a rogue finger strike on that icon.

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    zafdor,
    Sorry again, those main icons on the bottom can't be moved, changed, or reassigned. Everyone who has the EX124G would like to get rid of, or reassign, that stupid browser button. It's a shame we can't make it the Opera Mini or Bolt browser button, at least those browsers don't jump onto the internet and charge you minutes just to launch them. At least on the LG800G 'from what I've seen posted' you can take the browser button off the main screen, the lucky ducks.

FYI: The alarm widget actually allows you to turn alarms you've already configured on and off. To activate/deactivate them you have to check the little tiny square next to that alarm and it's real touchy, miss the center of that box by a little and it doesn't do anything. The media player widget is useful as well to start and stop your music. And, there is no way to get rid of the remaining minutes/date widget other than dragging it to another home page you won't be using, you can't drag that one to the trashcan.
    Last edited by BobbyLee; 09-25-2011 at 04:02 AM.

Feedback Score
    Would it be easer to download apps to a memory card from your computer? I just bought a ex124g

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    Would it be easer to download apps to a memory card from your computer?
    Matt Dillon,
    I'm not sure what your question is. Do you mean download apps versus using the widgets or are you asking for the easiest way to load/transfer apps to the EX124G?

FYI: The EX124G is app capable, but, good luck finding apps that actually work on this phone. I do know Opera Mini 6.1, Bolt 2.5, Snaptu 1.7.0, and Nimbuzz work fine. The GMail app goes to crap if you try to use it with multiple accounts and Google Maps gives you maps but without GPS in the phone it's a pretty worthless app. Most other apps that I've tried will install on the phone but won't run/launch. Any apps you do install on the phone can only be launched by going Menu>Games&Apps>JAVA and choosing which one to launch. You can't create shortcuts/widgets on the home page to launch apps that you've added.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyLee View Post

I'm trying to find some app just so I can have a basic Notepad with multiple notes on my phone.
    FWIW, give this one a try (link will open a download window for a 7kb file named NotePad.jar)

Maybe you came across it already; I think I got it off mobile9 It is very basic, but might help.

Have a Magical Day.

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    Widows Son,
    I appreciate that, it worked and gives me a basic notepad capability. Anyway to exit out of it besides the END key that you know about? Thanks again.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyLee View Post

Anyway to exit out of it besides the END key that you know about? Thanks again.
    None that I am aware of off hand, sorry, I only played with it a few minutes after I downloaded it & confirmed it worked.

I am glad that it worked for you.

Have a Magical Day