Thread: SCH-R380 (Samsung Freeform III) MetroPCS. Userlock code?

Feedback Score

SCH-R380 (Samsung Freeform III) MetroPCS. Userlock code?

i've been searching all over the internet for the userlock code for the Samsung Freeform III, it's not the one it usually is for MetroPCS. i would like to get into the settings and be able to download mp3's and images via the web browser, and even possibly tether via USB or Bluetooth. If anyone knows this code, or can help me figure out what it is. That would be great.

Feedback Score
    same here, it doesn't seem like many have bothered with mapping out the back-roads to the SCH-R380.. i guess the those that would do such a thing have flashier toys to play with on metro these days

Feedback Score
    I found it... the code is 579520... Does anyone know how to Tether the Freeform 3 with the code ? Please

Feedback Score
    thanks dude! i'll start checking it out

Feedback Score
    Your welcome... by the way I am a Lady... Please let us know if you get the other code... I was able to figure out how to get Online Connection but only through Internet Explorer but I don't like IE anyways here is what I found on another thread

*TO SET UP INTERNET DIAL-UP CONNECTION:

1) Go to Internet Explorer, Tools, and Internet Options.
    2) Click Connections , then click Setup
    3) Click Next, Connect to the Internet, And then Setup Connection Manually
    4) Select Connect using dial-up modem and select your modem (which should be there if you installed your drivers)
    5) Name your ISP (make one up)
    6) Phone number is: #777
    7) USERNAME: (your-10-digit-number)@mymetropcs.net (WITHOUT the parenthesis)
    PASSWORD: mymetropcs
    8) After you Click Finish go back into your Internet Options, Connections tab, then select your new dial-up connection and click Settings
    9) Click Use a proxy server for this connection and enter for the ADDRESS: wap.metropcs.net PORT: 3128
    10) Make sure under Dial-up settings below the username and password are filled in (USERNAME: your10digitnumber@mymetropcs.net PASSWORD: mymetropcs) *DOMAIN does not have to be filled in*
    11) YOUR DONE !

This works but it's not good enough like if you Play Facebook Games

Feedback Score

Samsung SCH- R380 WAP settings

I am trying to update the WAP settings under the hidden menu for the SCH-R380 (MetroPCs). After I enter the wap home page and http login name and password it does not save. Any ideas how to get it to save. Is there another menu to update the wap settings.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PlainCatholicJG View Post
    I found it... the code is 579520... Does anyone know how to Tether the Freeform 3 with the code ? Please
    I tried to put this code into my phone but its not working... I went to settings menu and pressed the "#" key and entered the code, but i wasn't sure how to input the code so perhaps i used a wrong method?

Feedback Score

Wink To find out your r380's SPC

To find out your r380's SPC
    directly type this number into your phone as if you were dialing it:

the FTM menu will automatically pop up after all the numbers above are entered correctly, just type 170 and the SPC code will appear on the screen. Jot this number down for future reference. typing 186 after will clear the memory.

The only way I have found to get your phone out of the FTM window is a manual reboot(ejecting and reinserting the battery).

you now have your freeform's SPC code this can be used to modify your freeform's system files in programs such as QPST or CDMA Workshop.

Enjoy

Feedback Score

Thumbs up Thank you

Thank you. It worked perfectly on a MetroPCS R380!

the FTM menu will automatically pop up after all the numbers above are entered correctly, just type 170 and the SPC code will appear on the screen. Jot this number down for future reference. typing 186 after will clear the memory.

The only way I have found to get your phone out of the FTM window is a manual reboot(ejecting and reinserting the battery).

you now have your freeform's SPC code this can be used to modify your freeform's system files in programs such as QPST or CDMA Workshop.

Enjoy

Feedback Score

Smile

Your Welcome

Feedback Score
    I just need to know what menus to go to when trying to update or edit WAP because my internet is not working right now... I know how to get into the menu but dont know what to look for. you Gave excellent step by step on how to connect to the net with the phone.. Thanks in advance
    Your welcome... by the way I am a Lady... Please let us know if you get the other code... I was able to figure out how to get Online Connection but only through Internet Explorer but I don't like IE anyways here is what I found on another thread

*TO SET UP INTERNET DIAL-UP CONNECTION:

1) Go to Internet Explorer, Tools, and Internet Options.
    2) Click Connections , then click Setup
    3) Click Next, Connect to the Internet, And then Setup Connection Manually
    4) Select Connect using dial-up modem and select your modem (which should be there if you installed your drivers)
    5) Name your ISP (make one up)
    6) Phone number is: #777
    7) USERNAME: (your-10-digit-number)@mymetropcs.net (WITHOUT the parenthesis)
    PASSWORD: mymetropcs
    8) After you Click Finish go back into your Internet Options, Connections tab, then select your new dial-up connection and click Settings
    9) Click Use a proxy server for this connection and enter for the ADDRESS: wap.metropcs.net PORT: 3128
    10) Make sure under Dial-up settings below the username and password are filled in (USERNAME: your10digitnumber@mymetropcs.net PASSWORD: mymetropcs) *DOMAIN does not have to be filled in*
    11) YOUR DONE !

This works but it's not good enough like if you Play Facebook Games

Feedback Score
    Where in the Peanut Butter and jelly sandwich is the WAP HOME page or Menu where you can edit the WAP Settings on the Sch-R380.or a place to enter the 10 digit phone number and password.. I have flashed several phones and Gotten internet and picturmessaging working on about 4 phones except the Instinct which can ONLY get internet and NOT MMS.. so i know what to do when i get to the menu.. i know also how to get to MSL number for the phone. I use ##626* and that gives me a menu and i also go to SETTINGS and hit # then enter the User Lock Code and I can Get the that menu BUT How do i get to the place to Edit the WAP Setting... Thanks in advance guys and girls!!
    Quote Originally Posted by acom1234 View Post
    I am trying to update the WAP settings under the hidden menu for the SCH-R380 (MetroPCs). After I enter the wap home page and http login name and password it does not save. Any ideas how to get it to save. Is there another menu to update the wap settings.
    Last edited by Romeo2374; 01-17-2012 at 06:56 PM.

Feedback Score

ftm reboot

Enjoy

If your in ftm and want to reboot the reboot code is 002

Feedback Score
    Sorry to bump an old thread but it's the one with the most relevant info to my particular case. This is in response to Post#05. Can anyone point out where to get drivers (or any software for that matter) for the Samsung Freeform 3 R-380? I've looked practically everywhere online to no results. I've checked the Samsung website and talked with one of their reps to no avail. I've tried installing the New PC Studio CD that came with my Freeform 1 R-350 (RIP) and trying to connect my Freeform 3 but it keeps saying that my Freeform 3 is an unregistered device and that a connection couldn't be made. If it matters my computer is running Windows 7 64 bit. Any help, PM or public, would be greatly appreciated.