Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: NET10 plan changes? What is going on with Net10?

Feedback Score

NET10 plan changes? What is going on with Net10?

I got an email today from Net10 saying that my 750 minute monthly plan now requires Auto-Refill. In checking the Net10 web site, I see that plan no longer listed. The 300 minute plan is also missing.

Does anyone know what Net10 is doing with their plans? I called customer support and in broken English, she told me it had all changed. I couldn't get much else out of her.

Also, my local Walmart told me they no longer sell Net10. Is Tracfone getting ready to ditch Net10? Does anyone know what is going on?

I am strongly considering changing over to Straight Talk because of all of this.
    Last edited by CrazyOldMan14; 10-06-2011 at 07:24 AM.

Phones
    LG Optimus T
    Moto G
    Carrier
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Now this is interesting! Keep us posted on what you find.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Based on the larger paygo minute cards they may be changing their name to Net 5.

https://www.net10.com/direct/Purchas...=NET10&lang=en
    Last edited by Tracfancier; 10-06-2011 at 03:59 PM.

Phones
    LG Optimus T
    Moto G
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    Just took a look at Net10's site. Where the heck is the $25/750 plan? Nice changes to the standard PAYGO rates, but they're mentioned as being limited time only. Wonder what that's all about.

Carriers
    Sprint
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Here's what they have on the website as of 10/6/11:

2000 min/180 days - $100
    1200 min/90 days - $60
    800 min/60 days - $40
    400 min/60 days - $30
    200 min/30 days - $20
    unlimited min/30 days - $50

Feedback Score
    It tells that Net10 is not as profitable as Tracfone because it has a lot less members. I think their monthly plans cut deeply into their own PAYGO business.
    Even at $.05 it will not attract more customers ; because a lot of people (the occasional users) will stay with Trac because their monhly bill is about $8.50... whereas Net 10 is $16 minimum with Tax: the key is their Service days structure... if a Trac member has a lot of minutes, he can just buy the service days.
    If Net 10 is to emulate Trac in the same way, it will be cannibalizing Trac; and therefore it doesn't make sense to have a duplicate.

Carriers
    ATT Gophone
    Net 10
    Feedback Score
    Oh, no! I hope they don't do away with the $25/750 plan, I have two airtime cards that I bought ahead of time on sale that I haven't used yet.

They had a reserve option, but I haven't used it yet.
    One month my husband needed more minutes so I added the card before the 30 days, another month he had minutes left and I added it right before expiration, it's hard to say though because he uses the phone for work and sometime he uses more minutes and sometimes less.

We switched from Tracfone to Net10 just this June because he used more minutes for work and the $25/mo for 750 min was a better deal. We had to buy another phone for him so I'd hate to have to switch again.

We went with Net10 (cdma phone) over ST because of the roaming since he often has to travel for work and works in remote areas.

Well I hope they will honor airtime cards already purchased. I better use up the $25 cards and 300 min card I have...

I'm looking at the new cards and if he can get about 400 min for $20/mo that might almost be enough for him in a typical month...

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Don`t worry, they will honor the $25 30 day plan cards. The question is are they doing away with the cards, or making a change and have not got the new offering online yet.

Feedback Score

Unhappy Giving up on Net10

Because of the uncertainty with the Net10 plans, I have decided to change over to Straight Talk. I have ordered a Samsung Galaxy Precedent Android phone which uses the Sprint network. Hopefully Straight Talk (Tracfone) and Walmart will not make any changes during the next 2 or 3 years that negatively affects the unlimited plan. The Sprint network in my area is strong and dependable, so I am not very concerned about that. I hate that Net10/Tracfone has made these changes that forced me to get rid of service I have enjoyed for years.

My current Net10 phone is the LG900G and I currently use the 750 minute/$25 plan. I dread having to change phones as I have hundreds of encrypted items on the LG900G that I will have to re-key into the Precedent. But, I feel that Net10 gave me no choice. The Precedent should give me a much greater choice of apps that actually work than the LG900G does. I expect to use the Precedent for email and Internet access much more than I had with the LG900G.

Carrier
    NET10/TracFone
    Feedback Score
    I think you are jumping to conclusions and over-reacting. The $25/750 min plan is still available at Net10.com for auto-pay, and if you don't want to do auto-pay, the cards are still for sale in stores. You can buy a $25/750 min PIN from walmart.com also. Even if your local Walmart stops selling Net10, I doubt if all Walmarts will do the same. Net10 is adapting by offering more minutes online for Paygo, but they still have their monthly plans.

Feedback Score
    The $25 plan is available on autopay only. They are trying to squeeze more money out of this lower tier of users vs. the more profitable unlimited $50 plan which can be used without autopay. Autopay is basically prepaid's version of a contract almost. Though the general trend in prepaid wireless is more value, more mintues, lower prices, there are some portions that are having the brakes applied. Page Plus's crummy new data overage rates, Boost /Virgin Mobile's add on charges, throttling (or soon to be implemented throttling), paygo increases, and other moves go counter toward the main trend.

Hopefully, it will stay in the minority.

Feedback Score
    I will not give Net10 my credit card/debit card information. $25/750 minute cards are not available at my local Walmart. I will use phone service only if the cards are available at my local Walmart. I don't think that is an over reaction. I started the Net10 service based on that premise. Net10 changed the rules. I have no choice but to drop Net10.

Phones
    att , nokia 1100, moto 376g
    iPhone 4s-64 + many others
    Carriers
    att, trac, pageplus
    Feedback Score
    I hope they are just showing an additional way to pay for it. There are a lot of people that simply do not have debit or credit cards. Or simply do not want to give them out to companies online. There are 30 dollar deals from other companies that are more bang for the Buck. Some people don't have the extra 5 a month for the better plan. Some folks are late w their 25 because their child support/ work comp check doesn't come at a predictable time.

They are probably sick of reactivating all of the time.

There are also abused women that want their phone to be anonymous this might inadvertantly put someone in danger.

I know of one person where this is their lifeline

Sent from my SCH-I800 using HowardForums
    trying to come up with better signature.......

Phones
    LG Optimus T
    Moto G
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    Not that they're obligated to (although it is good business practice and generally a nice thing to do), but the $25/750 plan just abruptly became available only through Auto-Pay (according to reports) and was dropped from the web site, WITHOUT ANY PREVIOUS NOTIFICATION! I mean, the improved per-minute rate of the new refill cards is nice (I've got a friend who uses Net10), although on the site it says they're limited time only. What on earth are they planning to unleash on the public, or further change? I would imagine the $25/750 was quite a popular plan, and could be a very flexible alternative to switch into if you found yourself at the end of your regular PAYGO cycle and knew you could use a month with a lot more minutes at a good price; you know, temporary (just as an example). So we're left to only wonder what they're up to. Hopefully they'll replace it with an even better deal.

Carriers
    ATT Gophone
    Net 10
    Feedback Score
    As of now the $25 monthly cards are still for sale at Callingmart.
    There is a 7% discount good until 10/11/11 with code clmbs11-7
    That ends up being $23.25 without any sales tax being charged.

Also there must be lots more still in stock in stores I would imagine.
    Here you can get them at gas stations, grocery stores, Kmart, Walmart, Dollar Store, etc.

And Ebay.

They could leave the reserve option in place for people not wanting to use autopay.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast