Thread: Angry birds on LG900G

Phones
    unlocked at&t Samsung S3 mini
    Carrier
    StraightTalk at&t
    Feedback Score

Angry birds on LG900G

Downloaded Angry Birds on lg900g, The game works great.... this has made my day
    I got it at
    http://www.umnet.com/download-game/4..._Birds_240x320

Feedback Score
    Thanks for sharing, it does work well.

Phones
    Carrier
    StraightTalk at&t
    Feedback Score
    Your welcome

Phones
    Carrier
    StraightTalk at&t
    Feedback Score
    awesome game

Name:  ppppp.jpg
Views: 4982
Size:  39.7 KB

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    I got this working without problems on my ex124g.

Phone
    Moto W260G, LG420G, LG500G, LG600G, LG900G, Optimus V
    Carrier
    Tracfone Virgin
    Feedback Score
    Also works on the LG500G and LG420G (420=only after a modification to the .JAR)

For those that like game benchmarks, here is my quick observations between phones, just for fun so we can see how the LG900G stack up in computing power (like we don't already know).

From the time I press 'Launch' to install the game into the phone to the time where the actual menu screen comes up:

LG900G - 28 seconds.
    LG500G - 52 seconds.
    LG420G - 60 seconds.

In game play, it's basically smooth on all three phones

With that said there is a difference in animation timings between phones. My simple test was to set up the birds ready to be sling-shot on all 3 phones. I pressed the launch bird button and watched.

The 900, got the bird to the target the fastest, the 500 came in second and the 420 last. Again play is basically smooth on all 3 phones, and you don't realize play on the 420 is slower, unless you compare it to another phone.

This game was designed for 320x240 screens so it works great on the LG900G. The 420 and 500 have a smaller screen size. There is some cropping but the game definitely appears to take this into account as all the important images and info is visible, so it's playable on the 500 (1 small exception) and 420. I guess I should include pictures. (Sample pic)

So can you shrink the video to fit smaller screens? 'Targeting', as it's called, to downsize the screen so it fits properly is not possible in Java mobile, yet up-sizing is doable.

Also, the 900 plays in full canvas height mode (no status bars while playing) as does the 420. But the LG500G chooses not to do full canvas height and thus less room for game play. As a result when you are in the menu screens, the menu options are crushed (another sample pic) (hard to read if at all possible) on the LG500G. This is the only issue I found across the 3 phones. I've made 3 attempts to obtain full canvas by defining the actual full canvas size and included Indicator-Hide. I still can't get rid of the status bar. But that's okay as it's still playable

I did not want to start another thread with a subject of the 420 or 500. Hope that's okay. I figured seeing 'Angry Birds' in a topic for the Tracfone/Net10 forum would get enough attention

* For those wanting to try in on the LG420G, you need to modify the .JAR This post will tell you how to get .JAR files to work on the LG420 (look half way down post)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ljfnky View Post
    Downloaded Angry Birds on lg900g, The game works great.... this has made my day
    I got it at
    http://www.umnet.com/download-game/4..._Birds_240x320
    How long did it take to download to Phone? Its 880K.

Thanks.

Phone
    LG840G
    Carrier
    Tracfone (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    I can confirm that it installs and works on the LG800G as well. Haven't played with it much yet, but it does seem to function fine.

Phones
    Carrier
    StraightTalk at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by meetoo88 View Post
    How long did it take to download to Phone? Its 880K.

Thanks.
    It wasn't long maybe 7 or 8 minutes for me. but I'm in the backwoods and only have 3 bars here.

I can also confirm that a similar game to angry birds also works really good the game is "crazy penquin catapult" you can get it here

http://www.umnet.com/free-game/31799...d0323faafbf919

Name:  10132011046.jpg
Views: 4961
Size:  32.7 KB

Name:  crazyp.jpg
Views: 4584
Size:  25.6 KB

Name:  crazypq.jpg
Views: 4597
Size:  18.7 KB
    Last edited by ljfnky; 10-14-2011 at 02:48 AM. Reason: more photo's

Phone
    Moto W260G, LG420G, LG500G, LG600G, LG900G, Optimus V
    Carrier
    Tracfone Virgin
    Feedback Score
    I did not download straight to phone. I downloaded to PC which took seconds, and then transferred the 880k file to my 500g actually via USB data cable which took seconds. No airtime lost that way

Phones
    BlackBerry Z10
    BlackBerry Z10
    HKC Tablet
    Carriers
    Net 10
    Feedback Score
    Anywhere where you don't have to give your credit card info to them?

Phones
    Carrier
    StraightTalk at&t
    Feedback Score
    Credit Card ? I surly didnt use a credit card to get either of the games. I downloaded them both one after the other to the phone with no problem.

Phones
    BlackBerry Z10
    BlackBerry Z10
    HKC Tablet
    Carriers
    Net 10
    Feedback Score
    The game itself is free, but the site you all listed requires a credit card to get an account there... and they aren't very transparent about who/where they are... I am not saying they are dishonest or that it is not legit, what I am saying is that any time I can limit my exposure to that kind of risk, I will do so.

Therefore, I asked.

OK, on further review, (like going there again) I did figure out how to download without logging in... when trying to do so yesterday, it kept kicking me to a log in page.

Sorry for any confusion, and again, thanks for posting about the game.
    Last edited by PaisleyPirate; 10-18-2011 at 07:29 AM. Reason: correcting myself

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    ljfnky,
    Thanks, seems to work fine on my Motorola EX124G.

Quote Originally Posted by PaisleyPirate View Post
    The game itself is free, but the site you all listed requires a credit card to get an account there... and they aren't very transparent about who/where they are... I am not saying they are dishonest or that it is not legit, what I am saying is that any time I can limit my exposure to that kind of risk, I will do so.
    The only site I've seen listed in this thread is Umnet.com and they don't ask for a credit card number to register. Are you sure you were on Umnet.com?

Quote Originally Posted by PaisleyPirate View Post
    OK, on further review, (like going there again) I did figure out how to download without logging in... when trying to do so yesterday, it kept kicking me to a log in page.
    I have been using Umnet.com for over a year now and have never been able to download an app or game without logging in first, the only thing I get when I haven't signed-in is the line "sorry, anonymous download closed temporarily, please log in". What was the procedure you used to download without logging in?

Phones
    Carrier
    StraightTalk at&t
    Feedback Score
    Interesting I use my phone and go to http://m.umnet.com the top link then click "download by ID" Then inter the "download ID" for whatever I want to download and I'm set. I only use my computer to find the games or apps I want
    "I am not logged into a account at all" I have sent download ID's to friends and they have downloaded games without being logged in or even having a account with umnet. Using your phone as to downloading to a computer must be hole different experience.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast