Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Unable to port from PagePlus to Google Voice

Carriers
    Cricket GSM (this month)
    Feedback Score

Unable to port from PagePlus to Google Voice

Has anybody successfully ported out of PP into GV? When I attempt to do so I get the message:

Porting your mobile number to Google Voice is unavailable
    Your mobile number can not be ported at this time.
    - This number appears to be from an area we don't currently support for porting.

I have a zero balance and the expiration date was 10/7, so I'm in the 30-day grace period on the paygo plan. But that shouldn't have anything to do with not being able to port out.

Any ideas?
    My smartphone is a lot smarter than I am.

Feedback Score
    Try porting to some other VOIP provider? Callcentric (make sure you understand their plans as "unlimited" is only unlimited one way - in our out) or voip.ms. None of these 2 are free though.

Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    You can only port to google voice from the big 4: Verizon, At&t, T-Mobile, Sprint. No MVNOs and no landlines. You'd have to port to one of those and then port from there to google voice.

Carrier
    T-mobile,VZW
    Feedback Score
    The answer is probably here:
    "This number appears to be from an area we don't currently support for porting"

It's local number portability. You may not be able to port the number to google voice at all because the number is not local to an area that GV has a presence.

I have a verizon number like this. 541-921-xxxx. It simply isn't portable to Google Voice.
    "I didn't get fat by accident. This was a personal choice. " - Kevin Gillespie

Phones
    Verizon iPhone
    Droid Maxx
    Carriers
    Verizon Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Relztrah View Post
    Has anybody successfully ported out of PP into GV? When I attempt to do so I get the message:

Any ideas?
    Several people have ported successfully from PP to GV but I'm not one of them. I get the same error message you do. In order to port to GV you must be in a supported "rate center" and on a supported carrier (and PP is supported). I'm guessing your number is in a rate center that is not supported by Google.

See this thread:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...e-number-to-GV

Carriers
    Cricket GSM (this month)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mch View Post
    It's local number portability. You may not be able to port the number to google voice at all because the number is not local to an area that GV has a presence.
    Yes, but my currently active GV number is the same area code as my PP number. And my company has a GV number in the same area code as well. I was trying to port my legacy PP number to GV since all I'm doing now is paying $10 every 4 mos. to keep the PP number alive since it's the one I used for years. I have a message that says, "My new number is [my GV number]". By the way, that message plays even though my minutes have expired.

The other voice mail services that I could port into all cost more than just paying PP $30/yr.

Thanks for the replies.

Phones
    Verizon iPhone
    Droid Maxx
    Carriers
    Verizon Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Yes, but my currently active GV number is the same area code as my PP number. And my company has a GV number in the same area code as well.
    From Google employee on Google Voice Help forum:
    There are currently several reasons why you may get this message, but most likely one of the following:
    - the number is not a mobile number. We can only port mobile numbers at this stage. We hope to extend this to non-mobile numbers in the future. Whether the number was previously a mobile number makes no difference in this case. If it's not a mobile number now, we cannot port it.
    - the number is mobile but not from a supported operator. We currently only support Alltel, ATT, Sprint, T-Mobile & Verizon
    - the number is from one of the supported operators, but not from a supported plan (corporate accounts, some prepaid plans and some MVNOs). We are working on adding details for MVNO support.
    - the number is from an area we cannot support. Although we do cover, through our carrier operators, the majority of the population, there are area codes or subdivision of area codes we cannot support.
    - the porting request falls during a maintenance window. The porting tool is currently unavailable for scheduled downtime from Saturday 9PM to Sunday 9AM PST
    We are working on surfacing more detailed reponse messages, so you will know what the reason is for the inability to port.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I've wondered about this since Google first started letting people port-in to their service. When you port-in, don't you still need a carrier of some sort to actually use the Google Voice service over 3G?? How would that work??

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ibeaguy View Post
    You can only port to google voice from the big 4: Verizon, At&t, T-Mobile, Sprint. No MVNOs and no landlines. You'd have to port to one of those and then port from there to google voice.
    Not true. I ported my landline to Tracfone, then ported to GV. I did this all last month.

Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Oh, my mistake. I ported into Google Voice back in April and from all my reading, at that time, MVNOs were not accepted. Maybe it's changed now. Good to know. Sorry for the misinformation.

Feedback Score
    I should say more though; I had to tell Google Voice that I was porting from ATT (which runs the tracfone network in my area). I googled for how to fill in the account information. But it did work.

Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    For those of you who have ported, what did you enter as the billing account PIN? I tried using my voicemail password but it said it wasn't the right one.

Carrier
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    the last 4 of your phone number

Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    For what it's worth: I tried the last 4 of my phone number three times, and it kept failing. Then I tried the 4-digit pin I tend to use for things, and it went through. I have no idea when PP asked me to create a pin besides my voicemail password, but apparently they did at some point.

I used my phone number as "account number," by the way.

Carrier
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Yes, but my currently active GV number is the same area code as my PP number. And my company has a GV number in the same area code as well. I was trying to port my legacy PP number to GV since all I'm doing now is paying $10 every 4 mos. to keep the PP number alive since it's the one I used for years. I have a message that says, "My new number is [my GV number]". By the way, that message plays even though my minutes have expired.

The other voice mail services that I could port into all cost more than just paying PP $30/yr.

Thanks for the replies.
    Have you been able to port your PP # to GV, afterall?I get the same error - "..from an area we do not support.."..
    If you were successful, how did you manage to port the #?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast