Thread: Best phone for page plus

Carriers
    AIO Wireless (Current)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

Question Best phone for page plus

Hello,
    I see on ebay that there is a couple of like new condition Droid X's that are very nice with a clean ESN. (Edit/) I also so a couple of Droid X2's for 200-250$(/Edit) From experience, what is the best phone for page plus? What steps do I need to take to get my potential new phone working? a step by step guide would be great, and if there is already one available. please link to it. What is some recommend software for data management?
    thanks guys!
    sidekick
    Last edited by rvsidekick6; 10-12-2011 at 01:20 PM.
    Unlimited**

**please see terms and conditions for limits on our unlimited plans

Carrier
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Check a few posts down where Dotman and I work through getting a DroidX going. It's really simple and I love that phone.

Carriers
    AIO Wireless (Current)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

Arrow Well...

Quote Originally Posted by twiceover View Post
    Check a few posts down where Dotman and I work through getting a DroidX going. It's really simple and I love that phone.
    Ok, I just find it frustrating dealing with posts to other people on a different OS. My main question, i guess, is this: does the Droid need any special programming/APN's added? or is that GSM only? I just want to have all of my ducks in a row when I sell my Triumph and Virgin Mobile plan at the end of my month... it just seems to simple to call *288.... o.O is that all there is to it?

Carrier
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Cdma not GSM. And *22890 for programming. , everything works with no futzing around.

Carriers
    AIO Wireless (Current)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Cdma not GSM. And *22890 for programming. , everything works with no futzing around.
    well dang, no futzing around seems to simple data works and everything? MMS? just seems to easy... I'm really starting to get ticked with Virgin Mobile... Now, being the Motorola Triumph is CDMA, and I already own it, will it work? Or should I just be rid of that buggy phone this time next month?
    sidekick

Carrier
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I was talking strictly about my knowledge of the DroidX/Droid A855. Everything works with no messing around. Several other phones also work without any issues. I don't know about the Moto Triumph. You would have to flash it to a new carrier and probably do some other crap. If you think it is buggy, I'd just go with a new phone.

Carriers
    AIO Wireless (Current)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

Cool

I was talking strictly about my knowledge of the DroidX/Droid A855. Everything works with no messing around. Several other phones also work without any issues. I don't know about the Moto Triumph. You would have to flash it to a new carrier and probably do some other crap. If you think it is buggy, I'd just go with a new phone.
    Excellent... They are fairly cheap, also! Seems like the only consumer friendly part of Verizon is it's prepaid branch I appreciate the info, and will be looking into cheap Droid X's in good condition. i'm assuming pageplus will assign me a number that corresponds with my zip code, right? I don't really care about my phone #.

Carrier
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    You can do it either way. New number, or port your old one.

Carrier
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    If you get a new number rather than port your existing one, you can request it either by zip code or by area code and prefix.

Carriers
    AIO Wireless (Current)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyScher View Post
    If you get a new number rather than port your existing one, you can request it either by zip code or by area code and prefix.
    Oh, ok. my area code is 850, but what is prefix? Thanks
    Sidekick

Carrier
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rvsidekick6 View Post
    Oh, ok. my area code is 850, but what is prefix? Thanks
    Sidekick
    First 3 of a seven digit local number so in your case (850) XXX-1234 XXX would be the prefix.

Carriers
    AIO Wireless (Current)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    First 3 of a seven digit local number so in your case (850) XXX-1234 XXX would be the prefix.
    Helpful info, thanks... Can't wait to switch at the end of the month... One more question about pageplus, do they accept credit card payment directly in my account? Or is it only prepaid cards? thanks
    sidekick
    Edit: found a Droid x2 for 230$... will this phone work the same way as the droid x for activation?
    Last edited by rvsidekick6; 10-12-2011 at 01:17 PM.

Carrier
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rvsidekick6 View Post
    Helpful info, thanks... Can't wait to switch at the end of the month... One more question about pageplus, do they accept credit card payment directly in my account? Or is it only prepaid cards?
    Yes, you can set up Auto Pay to pay directly with a credit card every month. To use Auto Pay you need to set up an online account. Info here.

Carriers
    AIO Wireless (Current)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    thanks! I appreciate all the info everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyScher View Post
    Yes, you can set up Auto Pay to pay directly with a credit card every month. To use Auto Pay you need to set up an online account. Info here.