Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

iCloud Question (Two iPhones on the same iTunes account)

I have searched google without much luck. My question is do my wife and I need to setup one iCloud account or separate ones? We both like the same music but not apps. I would like to keep our contacts separate if possible as well as email. The only things I could see us wanting to sync between devices would be photos, music, and possibly calendars. She has updated her phone to iOS 5 but I haven't had a chance to update mine. She skipped the iCloud setup because we were sure yet whether it would be best for us to have one account or separate account. We both use my iTunes account for purchases but haven't really synced our phones to it much, mainly because we just got them about 4 months ago.

Thanks in advance for the help and advice.
    Sent from my iPhone via the HoFo app

Phones
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 4, 3G, Sony Ericsson Z710i, Z600, T310
    Ericsson T18z, Cantel Amigo AT&T 3610
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Basically, on each phone set up two Apple IDs, one for iTunes purchases and one for iCloud stuff. The iTunes ID would be the same on both phones and the iCloud ID (MobileMe) would be different between the two.

For purchased items (apps, music, etc) you would both manually decide what you want on you own phone, but they would be from the same account (just as you previously used to sync via iTunes on your PC/Mac for both phones but with different configuration of apps and music. Then having your own iCloud/MobileMe on each phone will let you use all of the iCloud services distinct for each of you. So mail, contacts, calendars, iMessage conversations would be yours and yours alone.

Unfortunately, photos would sync under your iCloud/MobileMe account and not your iTunes account. I am not sure how you would share those or possible sync them between two accounts.

The other option, still involving separate iCloud/MobileMe and iTunes account would be to use the same ID for both of these on both devices. The only difference here is that the MobileMe info would then be the same on both devices, but you could create separate calendars and contacts lists for each of you. But email would be shared between both devices, iMessages would appear on both devices, etc. The upside is that you would have the same photostream on both devices.
    Unlocked Pentaband iPhone 5 (AWS), unlocked iPhone 4
    Unlimited airtime, Unlimited CAN/US long distance, Unlimited SMS to CAN/US wireless numbers
    2500 Call Forwarding minutes to CAN/US numbers
    CiD, 6GB
    Google Voice for visual voice mail with message transcription, conditional greetings, unlimited messages (vs 35 message cap), remote retrieval from any PC or phone, no auto-purge after 10 days and most importantly no $7-$8 charge.
    $53$65

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Thanks. That helps a lot.

Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Actually I have been able to setup my wife's phone and my phone to use the same iCloud account and the iMessage can be set to use the phone number and her email address where as I use my phone number and email address on my phone so we do not get the same messages on the two devices.

What I'm trying to figure out is how to sync the iCloud contacts with gmail. It seems to merge the information but keeps the same names as two separate contacts (ie. it links the two contacts, instead of merge them into one). So when you make a change in the contact it doesn't actually change it in both places.