Thread: Voicemail problem

Carrier
    MTS
    Feedback Score

Voicemail problem

I recently switched from the Motorola Quantico to an unlocked Samsung Galaxy S, and my voicemail doesn't work anymore. The password that I used for the Quantico was the last 4 digits of my phone number, and when I use try to use it now it says 'password incorrect.'

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy S II
    ADR6250 AKA"Hero"
    Touch Diamond CDMA
    Carrier
    MTS
    Feedback Score
    Dial *99, enter password manually.
    If that works change your voicemail settings in phone set up. Make sure you include at least 2 hard pauses if you want to auto enter your password.

Sent from my Nexus S using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    when I switched to the new network recently my voicemail password was reset to my 7 digit phone number and i had to redo my name and greeting.

Carrier
    MTS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Black09SS View Post
    when I switched to the new network recently my voicemail password was reset to my 7 digit phone number and i had to redo my name and greeting.
    This worked. No idea why I didn't think of that. Thanks!

Phone
    Iphone 4 16 GB and Iphone4 8 gb
    Carriers
    MTS Mobility
    Feedback Score
    When I switched from the old cdma network to the new 4g network i didnt have to reset anything my voicemail stayed the same. I wonder why sometimes you have to reset it and sometimes you dont !

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy SIII
    Samsung GalaxyS Captivate
    HTC Hero
    Carrier
    MTS
    Feedback Score
    I just switched and didn't have to change anything either. Its probably when you change your contract/plan that they change it. I just carried the last year of my contract over to this new phone.

Feedback Score
    My wife recently upgraded to the HSPA network and now has a rooted and unlocked Samsung Gio.

Her voicemail doesn't seem to be working correctly. She can dial in a listen to the messages, that is fine. But the phone doesn't indicate when there is a voicemail. When you swipe the indicator bar down (Android), I believe it shows a voicemail that doesn't exist anymore, but doesn't show new voicemails.

Any ideas?

Phones
    Galaxy S3
    Nexus S
    Motorola DynaTAC 8000X
    Carrier
    MTS Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pswart View Post
    My wife recently upgraded to the HSPA network and now has a rooted and unlocked Samsung Gio.

Her voicemail doesn't seem to be working correctly. She can dial in a listen to the messages, that is fine. But the phone doesn't indicate when there is a voicemail. When you swipe the indicator bar down (Android), I believe it shows a voicemail that doesn't exist anymore, but doesn't show new voicemails.

Any ideas?
    This occasionally happens to me on my Liberty - when I check a message, and delete it, the indicator comes back on the indicator bar. All I do is dial into voicemail again, hang up before entering my password, and the indicator goes away. It also goes away on its own in 15 minutes.

By "occasionally", I mean maybe once every 200 messages or so.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Derfel View Post
    This occasionally happens to me on my Liberty - when I check a message, and delete it, the indicator comes back on the indicator bar. All I do is dial into voicemail again, hang up before entering my password, and the indicator goes away. It also goes away on its own in 15 minutes.

By "occasionally", I mean maybe once every 200 messages or so.
    Thanks for the reply.

I'm not certain if it ever worked though. Does the voicemail have to be setup in Android?

Feedback Score
    I have had.this problem from time to time when my phone indicates I have voicemail (in the status bar) when I actually don't have any messages. To fix it I dial into my voicemail leave myself a voice note, listen to it then delete it and it removes the voicemail indicator icon.

Sent from my A500 using HowardForums