Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: domestic sim card in the new Iphone 4s????

Device(s)
    Iphone 4
    Carrier(s)
    ST
    Feedback Score

domestic sim card in the new Iphone 4s????

So for you folks who have gotten their new Iphone 4s have you tried puttting a domestic sim card(Att, Tmobile) into it and see if actually will work on GSM?

Thank you

Carrier(s)
    AT&T/Sprint/VZW
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'd love to know also.

Device(s)
    Nexus5/Nexus6
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rockey View Post
    So for you folks who have gotten their new Iphone 4s have you tried puttting a domestic sim card(Att, Tmobile) into it and see if actually will work on GSM?

Thank you
    I doubt it. Even the TP2 was setup to prevent this. Of course people made some unlocked radios later that allowed this though.

Device(s)
    IPHONE 4s
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    My iphone is out for delivery now. When I get it I will try my SIM in it and let you know.
    What the government gives to one, it must take from another.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    No go for me got my sprint iPhone 4s around 830am this morning, tried before using my roommates att sim did not work required me to reactivate the phone and then they said to use sim that was provided by the carrier (sprint) also tried my friend's tmobile micro sim card same issue.

Might need the jailbreak team to possibly hacktivate sprint iPhone so that they are allowed to take in foreign micro sims.

Device(s)
    Iphone 4
    Carrier(s)
    ST
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the replys folks, i appreciate it.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

Has anyone tried a ATT sim card in the Sprint iPhone 4S

Has anyone tried to use ATT in the Sprint iPhone 4s just to see if it works, also, is ther going to be a hack in order to do if its not possible.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Threads merged

Carrier(s)
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    Read somewhere that the carriers are shipping them unlocked for international SIMs only. At least Verizon did.
    Home ISP, RR-Ultimate WiFi, $90/mo | Verizon 4G LTE, $30/mo Unlimited

School, $5,000/semester | Work

Device(s)
    Nexus S 4g
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    my understanding is that sprint is willing to unlock it for good history/long term customers. but that could be a myth.
    via evo tethered to netbook

Acworth, GA via overdrive

Dunwoody,GA via overdrive

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric The Viking View Post
    my understanding is that sprint is willing to unlock it for good history/long term customers. but that could be a myth.
    I think we'll all just have to wait and see. I can second that the AT&T micro sim doesn't work, I had the same experience as some other posters; I got the "Invalid SIM" message then No Service until reboot.

I have a Vodafone SIM lying around somewhere, but I can't find it to try and see what happens (not that I would get any signal anyway). If I find it, I'll keep the thread posted. Some others have had success with Canadian SIMs, so maybe only International SIMs are somehow allowed.

Feedback Score
    All the carriers have said that they'll unlock the phones for customers after a little while. Basically, they want to make sure they get you on the hook for the $30ish activation, $350ish termination fee, and a few $70ish monthly fees before they unlock it for you. At that point, you'd be out over $500+ which is well above their subsidy making it silly for you to go that route rather than buying the phone off-contract. http://www.macrumors.com/2011/10/13/...sim-unlocking/. Clearly, Sprint's a bit sketchy on the details, but it seems like one should assume that it will be locked and that it can be unlocked if you're a customer in good standing for a bit. So, hopefully, you'll be able to take your iPhone 4S to Verizon or AT&T if you so choose at the end of your contract (and likewise AT&T and Verizon users will hopefully be able to take their iPhone 4S with them to a competing carrier at the end of their contract). Granted, I'm not sure how many users are going to want to keep their iPhone 4S much past two years. I guess that will depend on how well 3G networks hold up and what Apple is offering as the new latest and greatest in two years.

Device(s)
    Samsung Epic 4G Touch (SGSII)
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint SERO Premium
    Feedback Score
    What's funny is there are people selling their phones on ebay as unlocked from the factory.
    "This is gonna be tough, real tough, like tough plus more tough, times tough, to the power of tough" Chowder

Feedback Score
    Have any "customers in good standing" tried asking Sprint to unlock the phone and THEN tested a domestic sim? Just curious if swapping carriers will ever be an option in the future, or if sprint will keep a US SIM block even if they "unlock" it.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 128GB (Verizon Version) on Cricket
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint & Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by theslug View Post
    Have any "customers in good standing" tried asking Sprint to unlock the phone and THEN tested a domestic sim? Just curious if swapping carriers will ever be an option in the future, or if sprint will keep a US SIM block even if they "unlock" it.
    I have 3 lines and been a customer for 11 years.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast