Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: iPhone 4 on PagePlus

Carriers
    AIO Wireless (Current)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

iPhone 4 on PagePlus

***Edit***

"your mileage may vary, this is nothing more than a rumor": yes we can activate the iPhone 4. It just has to be used, and from a previous Verizon account with a CLEAN esn. Hope this clears it up for everybody.

Hello!
    I google searched this as well as searching Howard forums for a recent post on this. Is the CDMA iPhone 4 able to be used on PagePlus? If it is, could you point me in the right direction?
    Thanks!
    Sidekick
    Last edited by icebook; 10-19-2011 at 05:50 PM. Reason: edited per request of rvsidekick6

Feedback Score
    yes, i activated two iphone without any problems and the $55 Plan is the perfect fit for this phone! i called customer service and i gave them ESN and Model. no issues.

Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    A few people have posted they have activated an iPhone 4, but dealers have been told they are not supposed to activate iPhones and could lose their dealer privileges if they are caught doing so. This is definitely a proceed at your own risk type of situation. Also, even if you do get an iPhone activated, there is no guarantee that it won't be throw off the system at some time in the future, if they decide to crack down and fully enforce the ban.

Carriers
    AIO Wireless (Current)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex2000 View Post
    yes, i activated two iphone without any problems and the $55 Plan is the perfect fit for this phone! i called customer service and i gave them ESN and Model. no issues.
    Wait wait: the 55$ plan? I'm glad it works... How's the data? Does the phone need to be jail broken? Anything special at all? I can just call with a regular joe iPhone 4 and activate it? That's to awesome...

Feedback Score
    yes, if you have iphone just call customer service and they will activate without any issue. please update us with your experience after you activate.

Carriers
    AIO Wireless (Current)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex2000 View Post
    yes, if you have iphone just call customer service and they will activate without any issue. please update us with your experience after you activate.
    I will be happy to do so if I purchase an iPhone... Waiting for them to come down in price because of the 4S. I am looking on eBay as I type this out on my iPod... Thanks for the answers!
    Sidekick

Feedback Score
    So i can buy an iphone call pageplus to get my esn changed from my pixi plus to my iphone 4 and it will work?

Feedback Score
    yes, it will work right out the box.

Carriers
    AIO Wireless (Current)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

Lightbulb Official Answers

Ok,
    I called Page plus at 1-800-550-2436. I asked specifically about a Verizon iPhone 4, and I received this answer:
    "Yes, we can activate the iPhone 4 from Verizon, the only stipulation being that it has to be used, or tied to a previous account." They also gave the obligatory "data may not work on this phone". I called 3 times. I also asked about the Droid X2, it will work also. On a final note, the Rumored $55 unlmited talk, text and 300 mbs of data is going to be available on the 25th. I don't know if that's already been found out, but just saying. So yes, you can call down with an iPhone and activate it!
    Unlimited**

**please see terms and conditions for limits on our unlimited plans

Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Wow, thanks for the clarification.

I wonder if this is new, since the introduction of the iPhone 4s, because the dealers, according to things that were posted here by several dealers, were told not to activate iPhones.

Good to know that it needs to be a previously activated iPhone, for some unknown reason.

Carriers
    AIO Wireless (Current)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rgg View Post

I wonder if this is new, since the introduction of the iPhone 4s, because the dealers, according to things that were posted here by several dealers, were told not to activate iPhones.

Good to know that it needs to be a previously activated iPhone, for some unknown reason.
    No problem! just sharing my own research.
    I was thinking that it HAD to be because of the new iPhone 4S... why would they suddenly change policy? I actually spoke with an independent dealer, who I suppose hasn't been told he can activate those yet, so this must be pretty new. I really don't know, but after the third redundant call, I'm convinced. I'll call yet again tomorrow and ask again. It shouldn't change.
    I am curious as to why it has to be previously activated also... but the CS reps didn't clarify. I am hypothesizing that maybe they only accept used phones because their original owners would have already upgraded to a newer phone, hence the phone is less valuable to Verizon.
    I welcome anyone to call themselves at their number and verify for the fourth time... Meanwhile, I'm scouring ebay and my local craigslist for a good deal.

Feedback Score
    Sweet now my mom will be happy haha

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Thanks, looking forward to it. My wife will be happy.

Does anyone know of a way to manage data on iPhone on Talk N text plan? There is an excellent guide on droids, but how about iPhone?

Carrier
    PagePlus - No Dealer Required
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rvsidekick6 View Post
    Ok,
    I called Page plus at 1-800-550-2436. I asked specifically about a Verizon iPhone 4, and I received this answer:
    "Yes, we can activate the iPhone 4 from Verizon, the only stipulation being that it has to be used, or tied to a previous account." They also gave the obligatory "data may not work on this phone". I called 3 times. ...............
    I am not doubting for a second that this is exactly what you were told. However, I highly doubt that the iphone needs to have been activated with VZ or attached to a VZ account to be able to be activated on PP. I realize that you were told this by a few CSR's, and I understand that you made several calls to verify this info. I just think that all the CSR's you spoke with gave you bad info - it wouldn't be the first time that they have done this and certainly not the last. I have seen more than a few brand spankin' new iphones successfully activated on PP that have never been activated on VZ.

The info they gave you seems all too similar to past bad info. Specifically the erroneous "6 month VZ prepaid timeline" which first started out as "it has to have been previously activated on VZ"............

I recently tested the "don't mention a PP Dealer by name" rule here on PP Hofo......trust me, it is still in effect - got me a 7 day ban.

Carrier
    PagePlus - No Dealer Required
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rgg View Post

hmmmmm.....is it possible for you to post a link to those posts? Also, there is a distinct difference between not being able to activate a phone versus being told not to. Just sayin'.......

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast