Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: caller id with name display not working on iPhone 4S?

Phone
    Galaxy SIII, iPhone 4s Black 64GB (wife's phone)
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score

caller id with name display not working on iPhone 4S?

I'm posting this in the Fido forum because caller id name display is nearly a unique feature only available on Fido or Rogers...

so this morning, I received my iPhone 4S... I restored a backup from my iPhone 4 to get all my apps and other things working.

caller id name display was working fine yesterday on my iPhone 4... but I can not test it because I gave it to my wife and she's at work right now... but I tested my SIM my old iPhone 3Gs and name display is working fine.

but on my iPhone 4S, name display does not work if I receive a call and the number is not in my contacts list...
    I tested with two landline that are known to show the name for the caller id on my iPhone 4 yesterday (one bell landline and an other line with a VOIP provider).

so the big question is... am I the only one not getting caller id name display with the iPhone 4S, but working fine with other phone?

Feedback Score
    I get the same problem, with Fido here.

Phone
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
    I get the same problem, with Fido here.
    thanks for this confirmation... I have a developer account... I will report this bug to apple on bugreport.apple.com

Feedback Score
    i have same problem aswell hope apple knows how to fix it

Phone
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I filled a bug report and I did not get any answer yet... will follow up when I have an answer

Phones
    iPhone 6 Plus 64GB SG
    Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    I have never been able to get name display to work on my iPhones. I think it worked once and then stopped forever. Thoroughly disappointing. CSR at Fido have no clue why it doesn't work for me.

Phone
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kubus_stroinski View Post
    I have never been able to get name display to work on my iPhones. I think it worked once and then stopped forever. Thoroughly disappointing. CSR at Fido have no clue why it doesn't work for me.
    it's simple... it's a problem with your account if it never worked with all iPhone prior to the iPhone 4s...

for me, it worked fine with all iPhone, except the 4s.

Carriers
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Kubus: You never had Name Display excluded, did you? Perhaps to troubleshoot call display issues on non iOS devices?

Phones
    iPhone 6 Plus 64GB SG
    Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    I don't think so. Where would fido see this on my account? I'll call in tomorrow to complain but if they say everything is fine and it's not their problem what do I say?

Carrier
    fido
    Feedback Score
    I have the same problem with my iphones(since the 3g), called fido said it was apples hardware(actually said iphone doesn't support call display or name display so we cant do anything to remedy it but remove it from my plan) issue not fidos.

Feedback Score
    Previous gen iphones did not support name display either. A carrier settings update eventually enabled it, but it took some time. Perhaps the current carrier file available for fido at this time does not support name display.

Phone
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by B407 View Post
    Previous gen iphones did not support name display either. A carrier settings update eventually enabled it, but it took some time. Perhaps the current carrier file available for fido at this time does not support name display.
    The carrier file version is the same on the iPhone 4 and 4s right now... And it does not work on the 4s, but it's ok with the iPhone 4 using the same sim card.

Phones
    iPhone 6 Plus 64GB SG
    Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    I called fido. The dude told me he had to switch my value pack and it's supposedly fixed. I haven't had anyone call me that I don't have in my phone book so I will wait before I have an update.

Phone
    Blackberry 9700 unlocked
    Carriers
    FIDO
    TIM
    Feedback Score
    I'm having the same issue with my 4s, name display was working on my blackberry.

Unfortunately I can't switch my value pack, as i got a good deal from retentions, so I hope Fido or Apple fix this problem!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kubus_stroinski View Post
    I called fido. The dude told me he had to switch my value pack and it's supposedly fixed. I haven't had anyone call me that I don't have in my phone book so I will wait before I have an update.
    Couldn't you just delete a contact, ask them to call you?.. thats kinda what I did to test my issue.

Anyway, I got in touch with Fido last time, they told me its an Apple Bug. They sent the issue to Fido.. that doesnt really help me.

Update

Chat session with Fido, the CR told me that it is a known issue that Apple is fixing. It has to do with iOS 5.0

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast