Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: caller id with name display not working on iPhone 4S?

Feedback Score
    IRM = not in local calling area..

Feedback Score
    Just got off the phone with Rogers and was told that sometimes the wrong tower can pick up the call and that may be why were always charged long distance on incoming calls. Hamilton is half hour away from us. Water amplifies the signal but the closest body of water is about 5-10 minutes from me. I know I'm not crazy or lying about this issue and as for calling demanding money back, its not alot as I won't pick up the phone for long distance or unknown numbers. And Rogers will only go back 90 days. Now that I know I shouldn't be charged when I'm in my local calling area then I will answer some of the calls to see if I'm charged. Maybe I'll have tech ping my location then call me and if I'm charged it'll be fully noted and they can create a case to look into it.

Phones
    iPhone 6 Plus 64GB SG
    Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    I have a feeling the @ appears after businesses and not personal phone numbers. The ones that come up in my name display without @ symbols are people's names while the ones with @ seem to be businesses

Phones
    iPhone 6 Plus 64GB SG
    Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    A person

Two different businesses

Phones
    N/A
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 4S
    Carrier
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kubus_stroinski View Post
    I have a feeling the @ appears after businesses and not personal phone numbers. The ones that come up in my name display without @ symbols are people's names while the ones with @ seem to be businesses
    Checking my call logs I have both business numbers without the @ (most with though) and at least 1 home (non business) number that ends with an @ symbol, so that theory doesn't work based on the calls I've received.

I've read that it has to do with the different baseband software used in the iPhone 4S (vs the 4 and prior...)

Phones
    Apple iPhone 5
    Apple iPhone 5
    Apple iPhone 4
    Carriers
    Fido Solutions Inc.
    Feedback Score
    Could possible then the " @ " is there because of the continuation of the name?

Fritz Z24...

Sent from my Apple iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: All my posts, replies, comments and/or opinions expressed on www.howardforums.com are my own contribution only. The views expressed on this page do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of Fido, its management or employees.
    Fritz Z24...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7