Thread: How to remove phone from Find My iPhone or from iCloud?

Feedback Score

How to remove phone from Find My iPhone or from iCloud?

Before iOS5 and iCloud, I could easily remove devices (iPhones and iPads) from my Find iPhone app by just going into the app and removing it. Now I can't remove them in iCloud or from the Find iPhone app on my phone.

I just sold my old 3GS and I'd like to remove the phone from my list. It's already been wiped so it won't find a signal, but it's just there taking up space in my list.

Any ideas on how to remove it from my Find iPhone list? It's probably easy and I'm just not seeing it, but any suggestions would be appreciated.

EDIT: figured it out on post 9
    Last edited by SDM44; 10-19-2011 at 09:44 AM.

Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    On the device you don't want to see anymore, go into iCloud in settings and delete your iCloud account. If it's still showing up, it still has your iCloud account active in it

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Do it from the web interface on your computer. You have to use the MobileMe website to access the locations of iPhones which are not migrated to iCloud. The app on the phone works with both MobileMe and iCloud Find My iPhone. The web-based vesrsions cannot mix both types of Find My iPhone types.
    Earl F. Parrish

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Howmander View Post
    On the device you don't want to see anymore, go into iCloud in settings and delete your iCloud account. If it's still showing up, it still has your iCloud account active in it
    You cannot do that for phones you no longer have or which were never migrated to iCloud. The Original Poster stated that he sold his old phone.

Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by efparri View Post
    You cannot do that for phones you no longer have or which were never migrated to iCloud. The Original Poster stated that he sold his old phone.
    But I would imagine he can still talk to the person who he sold the phone to, right? And if I were him, I would try to because if it still has his Find my Iphone icloud account active, what else of his personal information is still actively linked to the phone?

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    If the Original Poster reset the phone, none of his settings are there anymore. If a phone having the Find My iPhone turned on with the same MobileMe email address as your other devices is detected by the Find My iPhone app, it will remain in your list of devices until you manually remove it. It persists even if the phone no longer exists.

Feedback Score
    Do it from the web interface on your computer. You have to use the MobileMe website to access the locations of iPhones which are not migrated to iCloud. The app on the phone works with both MobileMe and iCloud Find My iPhone. The web-based vesrsions cannot mix both types of Find My iPhone types.
    The problem is, as soon as I log into MobileMe, it immediately reverts me to log into iCloud and I cannot use MobileMe on a web browser.... which is why I was trying it from my phone.

I can't find any options in iCloud to remove a device, even one that's currently active.

If the Original Poster reset the phone, none of his settings are there anymore.
    Correct. The phone was already reset to I just want to remove the phone from my list. But like I mentioned above, I can't even remove current & valid devices from my iCloud or from my Find iPhone app on my phone. It's like once it's there, it's there forever.

Even before I wiped the phone, I still couldn't remove the 3GS from my iCloud when it was still active so it shouldn't make any difference if it's active or not. Just trying to get it off of my list.

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    When the device is not found, there should be a circled "X" for removing the device from the web interface. I was never able to remove the device using the iPhone app since iOS 4. I turned my phone off, refreshed and the circled "X" appeared. Here is a link to the help associated with this topic: http://help.apple.com/icloud/index.h...=en#mmfc0eeddd

Feedback Score
    When the device is not found, there should be a circled "X" for removing the device from the web interface.

Ok, I finally saw the circled X and was able to remove the phone from my iCloud list. But it took awhile for it to populate, like almost 24 hours or overnight for their servers to update.

But it looks like this is the procedure to removing old devices from your iCloud..... once it detects that the Find iPhone has been removed and the phone itself has been wiped and then resynced with iTunes, then it'll update on its own and allow you to remove it.

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    It does not matter whether Find My iPhone is set on the phone or not. If the phone is not found in the present instance, it can be removed. Once your settings are gone from the phone, it will never be detected again unless you have the user ID and password of the new owner. It would not be on your list of devices if it has different credentials from you. Since each iPhone with iOS5 can have its own iCloud account, there is no longer any need to share Find My iPhone. If you are converting from a MobileMe Family Pack, the primary account will get twenty-five gigabytes of iCloud storage while the secondary accounts will get five gigabytes of iCloud storage.

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    The twenty-five gigabyte limit will remain for the former MobileMe Master Account until June 2012. It will then revert to the free five gigabytes unless you purchase extra storage.

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    I discoverd by accident yesterday that you can remove an iPhone from the Find My iPhone app by swiping across the device if it is not found during a search. That is, the red dot is showing in the location tab. if you delete a device by mistake, it will reappear the next time it is found.

Feedback Score
    Specific synchronizations for iCloud can be disabled form the Settings page. "Find Me" is the last item (as of today, anyway). Go to Settings / iCloud. See a screenshot at http://mobilerisk.blogspot.com/2011/...ng-icould.html