Thread: cheap android phone

Feedback Score

cheap android phone

android phone is very popular today,and if you want buy one,there are tens of hundreds of in the market or one the website,how to choose a good one with high quality and moderate price?

Phones
    too many to list
    virgin mobile blackberry curve 8530
    Page Plus Droid X2 and Droid 3
    Carriers
    virgin mobile
    lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    I would stay away from these cheap android phones from china.

Sent from my LS670 using HowardForums
    Peter Is A God AkA Gods Son

Feedback Score
    1)Most phones are now made in China including the iphone. It is a matter of quality control and branding.

2)Many generic Android phones from China that are quadband gsm/2G only with either edge, gprs or wifi. The ones that have wcdma/3G are often incompatible with the US. Many appear to be 2100mhz only . Some are 850/1900 (Att 3g)

3)The prices on these Android devices that are made in China are too high. Before when they were making basically feature phones that were copies of the iphone, they were much cheaper (plus the iphone was much more expensive). You could get an iphone clone (with java apps and an mtk processor ) for $50-75. Most of the better specced China generic Androids cost $125 -300 and up.

At those prices, you might as well get a brand name Android like LG, Samsung, Motorola, etc.

I don't think this generation of China generic cell phones, especially the white box Androids are going to be as successful as all those iphone clones were . Plus none are hspa+. You're lucky to get wcdma at all. And they are very low specced. C'mon a 400hmz processor? A vga camera? You're kidding right?

Quad band 2G gsm bands only? Even the VERY FIRST Android, the G1 by Tmobile had 3G wcmda/hspa that was 7.2 mbps.

Heck, many feature phones surpass these specs.

Today's lower end Androids from the majors kill these China whitebox droids...Even the T-mobile Huawei comet, though a Chinese company itself , is a major legit phone maker (worldwide market share 3% equal to Motorola, HTC and surpasses Sony/Ericsson. Rival China based handset maker ZTE has an even bigger market share at 5% )and is available new from $75-100 . Tmobile Optimus T is $150 new. Don't consider the whitebox Chinese handset makers in quite the same class as the brand name guys like ZTE/Huawei.

Now if they were $50 or so, maybe...
    Last edited by fonezfonz; 10-19-2011 at 06:35 PM.

Feedback Score

Cannot recommend cheap copies of original Andorid, iPhones or Blackberry from China

I have very bad experience with phones purchased in China. My company stopped for good purchasing merchandise from there. Simply the product quality is so low that it doesn't pay to save $50 on a phone that will bring you issues and become non reliable.

Major issues with cheap phones from China: the touch screen displays become hardly responsive, buttons totally non responsive, charging ports broken and finally, when trying to fix the phone, the construction under the hood is so weak and not solid, that our technicians couldn't guarantee how long the fixed device will be working.

If you are looking for a phone which will work for a 3-4 months, you can take your chances with cheap China copies of Android phones, iPhones and Blackberry devices and save 50-75 bucks. However, if you are looking for a smartphone that will last for good I suggest stay with original brand names such: HTC, Samsung, Motorola. You can find great deals on phones by searching through www.ebay.com, www.amazon.com or www.cheap-phones.com. The best part is that after using the phone after a year or two, you may sell it out having additional discount on your purchase. Based on my calculation, you will get much more than a 50-75 dollars for a high end smartphone in a year or two.

The bottom line is, while purchasing a high end smartphones - think in a long term perspective than being concern abt the price. You know the rule: you get what you pay for.

Good Luck!

Feedback Score
    Yeah, the funny thing is most phones are now made in China. It's just a matter of some having quality control and others, not. And even with branded names, some have a rep as not so good (Motorola Triumph for Virgin Mobile).

Used, carrier returns, refurbished and new but lower end Androids exist in abundance from makers with proven track records like Motorola, Samsung, LG, and others. Why bother with the "savings" from a Shanzai Android?

The only reason the Chinese are embracing Android so hard is that it's free and lawsuits a lot less likely then say copying iOS or Windows mobile/phone...

Heck, most don't even have USA 3g bands or even 3g period. Who's got any use for a 2G smartphone in this day and age where data is king?

Phones
    LG Optimus G
    LG Optimus G
    HTC Evo 3D
    Carriers
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I would take the Optimus T off ebay over ANY crap chinese phones :P I actually have a phone iphone (the sciphone) and my god that thing is a piece of junk lol I can't believe people actually use it. HORRIBLE call quality, horrible touch screen and the strangest bugs I've ever seen, that would make me really nervous about importing a phone that's not a big name brand :P

Phone
    OnePlus
    Carrier
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    You think that's bad... I have a sciphone knockoff... Yes a imitation of an imitation... Other than dual sim support never dealt with such crap

Sent from my LG-P999 using HowardForums
    Go GSM! Switch phones on demand.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pitflyer View Post
    You think that's bad... I have a sciphone knockoff... Yes a imitation of an imitation... Other than dual sim support never dealt with such crap

Sent from my LG-P999 using HowardForums
    OMG, that one just caused me to spew some dark roast out my nose...too funny!!

Feedback Score
    The Optimus is king in my opinion in cheap android phones. The Mytouch 4g seems to be the go to device for cheap tmobile 4g, very functional phone just not a fan of the UI they put on the device.