Thread: Panasonic 830P unlocking for UK network

Feedback Score

Panasonic 830P unlocking for UK network

Hello guys,

I have a Panasonic 830P which I like very much and would like to use in the UK, preferably on the Asda network.

There is a place in town that might be able to unlock the phone for 20 pounds, but I don't really trust the post and the shop

Is it possible to unlock the phone myself? Some people seem to have bought a I-Smartphone hypersim to get it to work but I am a total noob and not sure if it is easy as it looks

Would I have to cut the Asda sim card at the edge (as show in the videos on youtube) and jam the hypersim in with the Asda sim, or is there something that I am overlooking?

Any advice would be great

Device(s)
    HTC One X LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers | Three HK
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 35dvvvvvg532 View Post
    Would I have to cut the Asda sim card at the edge (as show in the videos on youtube) and jam the hypersim in with the Asda sim, or is there something that I am overlooking?
    That's basically all you have to do.

I don't think a software unlock exists for the 830P (and if it does it'll certainly cost a bit more than 20 quid) but it won't hurt to bring it in and see if they can do anything. Or just use a hypersim like everyone else
    iPhone 6s | N-06C

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yamanote View Post
    That's basically all you have to do.

I don't think a software unlock exists for the 830P (and if it does it'll certainly cost a bit more than 20 quid) but it won't hurt to bring it in and see if they can do anything. Or just use a hypersim like everyone else
    Thank you very much for the advice.

I think I will try and use Hypersim, as I don't really trust the phone shop because they have to send it away.

I can only fine Hypersim on the American Ebay website. Are there any other ways of getting Hypersim. I have tried on Amazon, but no luck.

Thank you