Thread: Metropcs+Galaxy Nexus ?

Phones
    G2
    G2
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Metropcs+Galaxy Nexus ?

Ok so a new article recently came up about how the Galaxy Nexus was reveiled and one of the carriers listed to maybe get the phone on the sign up sheet was Metropcs ? Its not likely that Metro will see this phone but you never know we might just see the newest ICS phone coming to metro as the Nexus is an CDMA/LTE phone.

http://nexus404.com/Blog/2011/10/19/...-sign-up-page/

In the mean time, it looks like Samsung’s U.S. sign-up page has gone live and not only is Verizon listed as a carrier for the Galaxy Nexus one in the region but we have six others. The Big Four U.S. carriers, Verizon, AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile are joined by smaller fishes like U.S. Cellular, MetroPCS and Cellular South, also known as C Spire

Read: U.S. Galaxy Nexus Carriers Revealed, Pricing & Release Date Not So Much [Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, U.S. Cellular, MetroPCS & Cellular South Appear on Samsung Galaxy Nexus Sign-Up Page] | TFTS

Feedback Score
    If this is true I'll be the happiest person ever, and I'll know that holding out on the LG Esteem and keeping my indulge was definitely worth it!! Is this phone LTE capable?

Phone
    LG Connect
    Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by italianpnoy112 View Post
    If this is true I'll be the happiest person ever, and I'll know that holding out on the LG Esteem and keeping my indulge was definitely worth it!! Is this phone LTE capable?
    But who's to say this phone will be better then the Esteem?

Phones
    Huawei M835
    LG Esteem
    Carriers
    Verizon
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    all I can say about the Galaxy Nexus is that you better have your charger and extra batteries with you at all times.
    super amoled screen, dual core processor, LTE, extra large screen. Each one of these things eat battery like crazy and they got all of them rolled up into this phone. They kept the phone rather thin meaning less room for a battery to power all of this stuff.

Only thing that the galaxy nexus has that I would have liked to have on my Esteem is NFC. But I don't really mind it that much because NFC has not caught on yet. It will probably take a year or two for it to catch on and for developers to start making apps for it(even though its been in a few phones for a while already).

I figure by the time NFC becomes popular and Google rolls out Google wallet to any android phone, I'll be upgrading to a new phone anyways.

Carrier
    Metro Pcs
    Feedback Score
    so this is what leak4you talking about so i think its going to come to metro but idk

Phone
    LG Connect 4G
    Carrier
    Ghetto PCS
    Feedback Score
    I would darn go urinate on myself if this phone really is coming to Metro.
    Oh, and didn't Google say that they wanted to make ICS available for all? I remember an article saying how Google wants all android phones to be in the same level (one can't be Froyo while the other is ICS) so maybe the Nexus available for many carriers a way of keeping things clean with android...

Phones
    G2
    G2
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    itialianpony : yes it is lte capable

wagonis : nobody did but dual core processor 5mpx w'flash , super-amoled 4'5 screen ? compared to the esteems specs nd ics 4.0

miketoolz - theres always an extended battery

needhelp - ithink we might see this phone just in time for the holidays

danny - yes exactly google wants everythin to be the same so theres a big chance we might see the phone

::: also you guys have to remeber that android competes with iphone nd c wire will get the iphone so google will do the same and maybe bring the phone to small carriers ::
    Sent from my G2 From T-Mobile

Phone
    Nexus 5 (LG-D820), Galaxy Nexus GT-i9250
    Carriers
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Acemania View Post

nobody did but dual core processor 5mpx w'flash , super-amoled 4'5 screen ?
    compared to the esteems specs nd ics 4.0
    Our LG Esteem has 4.3" screen, not 4.0", if that's what you are saying. We also have 5megapix with flash camera, with 1.3 front camera -- just like the Galaxy Nexus. So, it's a tie there.

And the Galaxy Nexus has 4.65" screen, not 4.5"

But yeah, 1.2 GHz dual core CPU is better than the Esteem.

And it has a 1750 mah battery -- which our phone SHOULD have but doesn't. Also the Nexus has 1GB RAM.

Just to be clear, we are talking about the Galaxy Nexus (newest), not the Samsung-manufactured Google Nexus S (released a few months ago). For a minute I was confusing the two.

=========

EDIT:

Oh, I see, you didn't want to type out Android 4.0 or "Ice Cream Sandwich". So, it has 4.0 compared to our Gingerbread 2.3.

It will come to Verizon first, then we'll get it several months later -- just like the LG Revolution/Esteem. Here ya go:

Samsung Confirms Verizon Bound Galaxy Nexus, Other Carriers May Follow Later
    http://www.tmonews.com/2011/10/samsu...-follow-later/

CDMA/LTE specs (no AWS)
    http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Sam...us-CDMA_id6135

=======

also it's very pricey. Without a contract, $850 is the current quoted price. And that's for the "small" 16GB version, not the 32GB version. I think you should wait a few months until the price comes down....
    Last edited by ChazzMatt; 10-20-2011 at 06:39 PM.
    Your creed may be interesting, but your deeds are much more convincing.

Phones
    G2
    G2
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ChazzMatt View Post
    Our LG Esteem has 4.3" screen, not 4.0", if that's what you are saying. We also have 5megapix with flash camera, with 1.3 front camera -- just like the Galaxy Nexus. So, it's a tie there.

And the Galaxy Nexus has 4.65" screen, not 4.5"

But yeah, 1.2 GHz dual core CPU is better than the Esteem.

And it has a 1750 mah battery -- which our phone SHOULD have but doesn't. Also the Nexus has 1GB RAM.

Just to be clear, we are talking about the Galaxy Nexus (newest), not the Galaxy Nexus S (released a few months ago). For a minute I was confusing the two.

=========

EDIT:

Oh, I see, you didn't want to type out Android 4.0 or "Ice Cream Sandwich". So, it has 4.0 compared to our Gingerbread 2.3.

It will come to Verizon first, then we'll get it several months later -- just like the LG Revolution/Esteem. Here ya go:

Samsung Confirms Verizon Bound Galaxy Nexus, Other Carriers May Follow Later
    http://www.tmonews.com/2011/10/samsu...-follow-later/

CDMA/LTE specs (no AWS)
    http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Sam...us-CDMA_id6135

=======

also it's very pricey. Without a contract, $850 is the current quoted price. And that's for the "small" 16GB version, not the 32GB version. I think you should wait a few months until the price comes down....

yea i realize that the camera specs are the same but otherwise the Samsung Galaxy Nexus has a 4'65 screen , 1.2 Ghz dual core proccesor , 1 GB ram , and 16/32 GB and Ice cream Sandwich Android 4.O ::also i dont think that will be the price metro will sell it for btw the phone might come out durin the holidays so well just have to wait :: thanks for correcting my errors

Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Wow this phone looks cool. Too bad its soo pricey. Did you know there is a sign up page to request this phone for your cell phone carrier and MetroPCS is on the list. Samsung just taken a count of how many people show interest and maybe it will go the cell carrier of your choosing.
    I did a Google search by typing samsung dot com /USA / register / {Name of phone here} Its the first one in the search results. Maybe if we all fill the form out it will come to MetroPCS sometime.

Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Seems like Samsung has my ip address when i filled out the form.(this is to prevent people from filling out the form several times) I will just log on another computer in another area to fill the form out again. LOL

Carrier
    Metro PCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Acemania View Post
    yea i realize that the camera specs are the same but otherwise the Samsung Galaxy Nexus has a 4'65 screen , 1.2 Ghz dual core proccesor , 1 GB ram , and 16/32 GB and Ice cream Sandwich Android 4.O ::also i dont think that will be the price metro will sell it for btw the phone might come out durin the holidays so well just have to wait :: thanks for correcting my errors
    Camera specs are not the same. Megapixel count does not make a camera good or bad. The Galaxy Nexus also has zero shutter lag and better lenses (Samsung is known to make some of the better cell phone cameras next to Apple and Nokia.) It also shoots vids in full 1080p at 30fps.
    I wouldn't mind having this phone but, I just got this Esteem and don't plan on switching any time soon. As for the price, I agree it won't be that much if it ever comes to Metro. The Revolution is a $700 phone off contract.

Feedback Score
    Contract companies price thier phone a lottt higher to push people into the contract. If the revolution was $350 off contract or $199 on contract for $150 im aure half the people would just pay full price and go on monthly. Nexus seems like $400 realistic imo

Phones
    G2
    G2
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnie123 View Post
    Contract companies price thier phone a lottt higher to push people into the contract. If the revolution was $350 off contract or $199 on contract for $150 im aure half the people would just pay full price and go on monthly. Nexus seems like $400 realistic imo
    Yes indeed this is true if the Galaxy Nexus is priced a 850 off metro would sell it 300-500 or somewhere aroud that range

Phones
    Changes Every Blink
    iPhone 4
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Keep in mind folks, the Ice Cream Sandwich update is being guaranteed by SAMSUNG. We LG folk technically have no reason to emote by this news unless we are considering a future/compatible SAMSUNG device.

Motorola is the only other company that KINDA said ONE of their devices will also get Ice Cream Sandwich.

Sent from my LG-P999 using HowardForums

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast