Thread: Not getting some texts

Carrier
    USCC
    Feedback Score

Not getting some texts

Ever since Tuesday when I activated my Iphone 4s I've been missing texts from my wife and she's not getting some from me too. I chatted with sprint tech support and he reset my network settings remotely and said the issue would resolve itself in a couple hours. That was yesterday and I'm still not getting about 1 of 5 texts from my wife. She is also not getting about the same percentage of texts from me. I also had her update the network settings and PRL from her phone and reboot.

Any ideas? If it keeps up I might reactivate my android to see if the problem follows. I never had the problem on my LG Optimus S.

I also did reset network settings on my phone.

thanks
    Last edited by tukin18s; 10-21-2011 at 07:07 AM.

Phone
    iPhone 5s
    Carrier
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tukin18s View Post
    Ever since Tuesday when I activated my Iphone 4s I've been missing texts from my wife and she's not getting some from me too. I chatted with sprint tech support and he reset my network settings remotely and said the issue would resolve itself in a couple hours. That was yesterday and I'm still not getting about 1 of 5 texts from my wife. She is also not getting about the same percentage of texts from me. I also had her update the network settings and PRL from her phone and reboot.

Any ideas? If it keeps up I might reactivate my android to see if the problem follows. I never had the problem on my LG Optimus S.

I also did reset network settings on my phone.

thanks
    Simply switching to a new phone should almost never affect SMS delivery unless something was messed up in Sprint's computers when you made the swap. Things like number porting typically tend to be the culprit, but that wasn't the case here since you say you had a Sprint phone previously.

It might just be an SMS issue and the timing is simply a coincidence. Perhaps all SMS is affected, but because you most frequently text your wife, that is where you notice the failed delivery.

If the problem continues you could try switching back to the Optimus, waiting a few hours, and then going back to the iPhone again. You might also ask Sprint to remove SMS from your account and then to re-add the feature.

Carrier
    USCC
    Feedback Score
    I didn't notice Tuesday or Wednesday. But Thursday I missed a very important text from her and one from me to her. We'll see how it goes today.