Thread: Verizon Corporate Discount RETAINING question

Phones
    Touch Diamond
    Palm Centro
    Carriers
    Sprint SERO,
    Feedback Score

Verizon Corporate Discount RETAINING question

Sorry guys, could not find this through search.

Basically, let's just say you work somewhere that get's a nice corporate discount. You've worked there for awhile, but have found another job that pays better. Do I have to tell Verizon I no longer work for so and so and/or will they find out I that I no longer work for so and so somehow?

I was under the impression that our Verizon account sales rep was pretty much just interested in selling us phones, but will "he/she" say something?

Phones
    Apple iPhone 5
    Motorola V330
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I'm still getting my 20% discount from a job I quit 5 1/2 years ago. But then again, I've never been overburdened with scruples.

Phones
    Touch Diamond
    Palm Centro
    Carriers
    Sprint SERO,
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kreepykeith View Post
    I'm still getting my 20% discount from a job I quit 5 1/2 years ago. But then again, I've never been overburdened with scruples.
    LOL! Okay, cool, thx!

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Now if your new job offers a better discount, make sure you jump on that and notify Verizon. Technically, if Verizon finds out that you no longer work for that employer, they will remove the discount. In practice though, I have never heard of Verizon actually ever checking or auditing this fact. My friend still has his corporate discount with his former employer from three employers ago (about 7 years ago) and Verizon never removed the discount. When we worked at the same employer, our corporate discount was the same as the discount for his former employer, so my friend never bothered to change it.

Phones
    Touch Diamond
    Palm Centro
    Carriers
    Sprint SERO,
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jseah View Post
    Now if your new job offers a better discount, make sure you jump on that and notify Verizon. Technically, if Verizon finds out that you no longer work for that employer, they will remove the discount. In practice though, I have never heard of Verizon actually ever checking or auditing this fact. My friend still has his corporate discount with his former employer from three employers ago (about 7 years ago) and Verizon never removed the discount. When we worked at the same employer, our corporate discount was the same as the discount for his former employer, so my friend never bothered to change it.
    Nice, thx jseah!

Phones
    Casio
    Casio Brigade
    Casio Exilim
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    ...In practice though, I have never heard of Verizon actually ever checking or auditing this fact. My friend still has his corporate discount with his former employer from three employers ago (about 7 years ago) and Verizon never removed the discount. When we worked at the same employer, our corporate discount was the same as the discount for his former employer, so my friend never bothered to change it.
    My wife gets a discount through her work. Last year (at just about the 2 nd year mark of when she had the discount added) she got a text message from Verizon asking if she was still employed there. They also supplied an web address for her to go to, and verify that she was still.

So yes they do sometimes check.

Phones
    Droid 2 Global
    Moto Rizr V3
    Samsung Renown (retired)
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Journeyjeans View Post
    Sorry guys, could not find this through search.

Basically, let's just say you work somewhere that get's a nice corporate discount. You've worked there for awhile, but have found another job that pays better. Do I have to tell Verizon I no longer work for so and so and/or will they find out I that I no longer work for so and so somehow?

I was under the impression that our Verizon account sales rep was pretty much just interested in selling us phones, but will "he/she" say something?
    They may occasionally check but I'm sure it's a low priority. The exception might be if the sales rep really knows you, and is aware that you are leaving/have left.

As another example, we have a website used by Enterprise customers to manage their accounts, the terms and conditions require the customer company to inform us if one of the employee users leaves (so that their access can be turned off so that they can no longer see their ex-employers information). This rarely happens, it's very low down on the priority list of "What to do when an employee leaves" apparently! In the Verizon discount case, the employer will not even be aware that the departing employee is using a discount with Verizon Wireless, so it's up to the employee to self-report (which I guess almost never happens).

Still, I'm sure Verizon Wireless plans are priced to more than allow for such undeserved discounts.....

Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    When I temporarily worked for the state 5 years ago, I signed up so I could qualify for the discount. When my job ended, I contacted Verizon to have the discount removed, but the discount stayed. Luckily, I was hired on by another state agency and the discount isn't an issue.

Phones
    Blackberry Bold 9650
    Motorola Q9 Global (retired after three years)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kreepykeith View Post
    Yep im still getting my 22 percent from UPS.
    1,000 posts 2:52 p.m March 11th, 2007
    2,000 posts 8:24 a.m February 24th, 2008

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aRBy View Post
    My wife gets a discount through her work. Last year (at just about the 2 nd year mark of when she had the discount added) she got a text message from Verizon asking if she was still employed there. They also supplied an web address for her to go to, and verify that she was still.

So yes they do sometimes check.
    And I signed up for my employer's discount with Verizon when I first switched from AT&T to Verizon about 8 years ago. In that time, I have never been contacted by Verizon to confirm that I still worked for the same company.

Feedback Score

Anyone know how to purposely remove a Verizon discount off an account?

So long story short I let my at the time girlfriend use my discount from the company I work for. Now that we are broken up and she's taking pipe from another guy I don't really want her to retain said discount.

Is there a way to get the discount removed from her account?

She really broke my heart, so I want her to pay via not getting the 20% off her monthly cost (that will show her).... i'm kidding of course but still, I don't want her to have that.

Ideas?

Phones
    Motorola ATRIX 2
    Verizon iPhone 4S (Wife's)
    Carriers
    Straight Talk, Verizon
    Feedback Score

Oh man that post cracked me up. Everything about the post though tells me it's not for real starting with the user name.
    If the girl was using his discount wouldn't the account have to be in his name? In that case I think it would be obvious how to stop the discount.

Phones
    S. Galaxy Nexus
    Motorola Droid RAZR
    iPhone 4
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless/Alltel Plan
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dust N Bones View Post

Oh man that post cracked me up. Everything about the post though tells me it's not for real starting with the user name.
    If the girl was using his discount wouldn't the account have to be in his name? In that case I think it would be obvious how to stop the discount.
    When you apply for the discount online via email validation the system never really confirms if the names match up.

Feedback Score

exactly

Adding the discount is easy. No validation.my user name is a old knickname but anyway the story is real, my ex is a whore.

Phones
    MOT Droid Mini,
    Home Phone Connect,
    MOT Droid 3,
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    In practice though, I have never heard of Verizon actually ever checking or auditing this fact.
    Yea, its been a long while since Verizon did enough of an audit to trigger a bunch of postings here about it, but it happens.

I know that Verizon was able to track me, thru my employer's ramblings of spin-offs and mergers, and knows where I "landed" without me ever having told them.

My guess (and yes, just a guess) is that Verizon doesn't bother doing an audit unless the company wants to renegotiate their discount contract. Then they count/check noses.

Though, just as a reminder, that fraud is a trigger for the ETF (amongst other things).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast