Thread: Blackberry 9930 Sprint on to Boost Mobile

Feedback Score

Unhappy Blackberry 9930 Sprint on to Boost Mobile

Hi Deathtrip,

Can I use my Brand new Blackberry 9930 from Sprint with the $50 unlimited plan.
    Also I need to access the Blackberry Messenger and the famous Push Email service from BlackBerry.

I'm planning to use it for my work Email. So I cannot take chances.
    Can You /Anyone please tell me if this is possible.

I did some googling and howarding and found out that Blackberry 9630 is the latest Blackberry that can be used on the $50 unlimited everthing plan.
    But once again here, I'm not sure of using the Blackberry Messenger and the Famous Push Email and BIS, Blackberry Internet Service.
    Please these are a must features for me.
    So I'm worried.

Thanks,
    Satish.

Feedback Score
    I'm now using the iphone 4 with AT&T. I have atleast 2 dropped calls daily. Sometimes I shall be lucky. It will go upto 4 as well.

So I want to change to a better Network as well.

Feedback Score
    The only way you are going to get a Blackberry phone to work on Boost Mobile with Blackberry Messenger and Blackberry's native Push Mail, is to purchase a Boost-branded Blackberry phone, and pay the special Boost-Blackberry Monthly Unlimited Fee of $60 (before shrinkage). Currently there are only three models available: The 8330, 8530 and the 8670.

While some other Blackberry models have been activated on Boost, i.e. "BoostBerries" (and I don't think the 9930 is one of them), none will have native RIM services (BIS/BES) such as PIN Messaging, Email, etc. The work around for email is to use Gmail or Shangmail through the Blackberry Internet Service, but it will still not give you the BB Messenger Service.

There are "stickies" at the top of this forum which clearly explain which models of phones other than the Boost-branded models which can be activated (with some perseverance) on Boost, and for Blackberries, it points out that most Blackberry RIM-Server required services will not work. I would suggest giving them a good read, or going directly to the thread entitled: "Sprint Blackberry on Boost Mobile Support Thread" before proceeding any further.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...Support-Thread